What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday. 04.02.2017.
Waking bgl: 5.5mmol/

Breakfast: Nil apart from skinny lattè
Morning snack: Handful almond nuts (addicted to them!)
Lunch: Poached egg on toasted crumpet with a blob of tomato ketchup
Afternoon snack: Handful red grapes + cup of skimmed milk
Eve.meal. Small portion left over bol. with mixed veggie & red onion stir fry. Cherry yogurt. Water
Later on scoffed 2 mini jammy dodgers (someone put a packet of 'em in my shopping basket!!!) With cup decaf tea

Bgl before bed: 5.9mmol/

1000ml water throughout day & evening
Regular daily meds + 1 garlic oil capsule

Type 2 since April 2016
Diet & exercise only

Last edited:
Today
B - 2 toasted waffles and 15g peanut butter
10ish - cup of smooth caramel coffee, milk
D - bacon and fried egg sandwich with mayo
2ish - cup of smooth caramel coffee, milk
T - 3 pork sausages, 2 yorkshire puddings, 80g petits pois, gravy and a dark chocolate teacake for pud
after - cup of coffee, milk x

Today
B - 2 weetabix (wanted the extra carbs as I was going for a walk)
L - ham sandwich with weight watchers crisps
D - roast chicken, veg, yorkie pudding and 2 small roasties. Choc eclair for pub.

Yesterday.
B: Yoghurt with berries & seeds
L: Cheese, ham & tomato toastie
Atkins chocolate bar (reduced to clear ar Tesco)
D: Ostrich steak & roasted veg
4 squares of 85% choc.
@mark. Ostrich! Ostrich!! Ostrich steak?!!! Oh no, what on earth possessed you?! How could you?! Ok, so let's get down to the nitty gritty.....what did that poor Ostrich taste like, say in comparison to other meat? Where did you buy it? And lastly, did you roast, bake, grill, boil or fry it and what are the benefits of Ostroch meat, plz forgive my ignorance M. I rather like the rest of your menu tho What's on your menu for tomorrow then, Buffalo? Snake? Elephant? Only kidding! Take care. Wirralass

Not being able to measure my blood is very frustrating. The finger-pricker just doesn't have enough oomph, maybe I've done it wrong. I get a tiny pinprick of blood but it's not enough. :(

Meant to say re exercise, I try and walk. That's the only exercise I do really. Sometimes I'm a busy bee though looking after Mum, zip zip zip, that's me round the bungalow. Mum says "You should be like a lat!" I should! 😉

Menu for Friday 030217
Bottle water with fibre
Breakfast:
4oz Cheddar (melted into a big crisp). mmmm
Pt Aspirin water, meds, cod liver oil capsule
Lunch:
Slice of pork, slice of turkey, slice of roasted beef.
Forgot to drink my water.
Dinner:
A lamb shank with some kind of too sweet sauce so didn't have much, 3 hash browns.
(All went wrong, what a funnypec day! My family are bonkers. All three diabetics pigged out on Christmas pudding with double cream last night and this night they had steak and kidney pudding and home made chips. They refuse to measure.)
Bottle water and a Levothyroxine pill.

I luvs my family, they can't help being bonkers. :D
@Ditto. Re: Not getting enough blood to test. Here's some tips that I have learned: -
1. Wash & dry hands
2. Make sure hands are WARM
3. If your lancing device has a choice of settings on the cap, then choose the largest/deepest depth
4. Press the end cap FIRMLY on the puncture site & prick your skin
5. Stroke your hand & finger/or thumb TOWARDS the puncture site to form a blob of blood NB. Don't squeeze around the puncture site.
6. Test immediately after a good blob of blood has formed.
Yeah! Now give yourself a pat on your back!!!
Hope the above is helpful to you. Good luck! Take care. Wirralass x

Last edited:
Today
B - 2 slices toasted soreen fruity malt loaf with butter
9:45ish - cup of roasted hazelnut coffee,milk
D - 2 sllices 50/50 toasted with grated cheese and popped under the grill (yummy) haha
1:45ish - cup of coffee, milk, 4 squares 85% G&B chocolate
T - 2 aberdeen angus burgers, 80g carrots, 100g mashed potato and some gravy
After t- cup of coffee, milk x
@Kaylz. Oh please please don't tempt me Kaylz! Soreen fruit malt loaf?!! It's off my shopping list these days! But you enjoy! Wirralass x

Yesterday 05.02.2017
Waking bgl: 6.6mmol

Breakfast: Nil, felt nauseous. Cuppa skimmed milk.
Brunch: Chicken soup.
Aftrn. snack : Almond nuts & glass diluted lime cordial
Eve.meal, invited to my daughters as follows:-
Roast chicken, 1 roasted parsnip, lots broccoli and carrot & swede mash, 1 baby boiled potato + 1 small roast potato, a little pork & onion stuffing, gravy, small glass rosè.
3/4hr later : 1 thin slice of homemade banana cake! I'll regret that I think but it was delicious☺
Supper: Salmon & mayo sandwich...2 slices malted multigrain bread (crustless!) Cup of lady grey tea with skimmed milk.

Bedtime bgl : 6.9mmol

600mls water throughout the day & evening
Regular daily meds + 1 garlic oil capsule

Diagnosed T2 April 2016
Currently off metformin
Diet & exercise only

@mark. Ostrich! Ostrich!! Ostrich steak?!!! Oh no, what on earth possessed you?! How could you?! Ok, so let's get down to the nitty gritty.....what did that poor Ostrich taste like, say in comparison to other meat? Where did you buy it? And lastly, did you roast, bake, grill, boil or fry it and what are the benefits of Ostroch meat, plz forgive my ignorance M. I rather like the rest of your menu tho What's on your menu for tomorrow then, Buffalo? Snake? Elephant? Only kidding! Take care. Wirralass
Actually got the Ostrich steaks from Tesco. Very low fat & high in protein. Hard to say what it tastes like. Bit like a cross between steak & chicken. Ive had Buffalo before, also had Springbok, crocodile & kangeroo in the form of burgers. Just tasted like burgers, really.

Anyone...plz...I'm still endeavouring to find what foods are right for me....so why is marmite featured in so many of your menu's? Thanking you in advance.

T2 since April 2016

Anyone...plz...I'm still endeavouring to find what foods are right for me....so why is marmite featured in so many of your menu's? Thanking you in advance.

T2 since April 2016
Yuck, its not featured in mine 😱😱😉

Actually got the Ostrich steaks from Tesco. Very low fat & high in protein. Hard to say what it tastes like. Bit like a cross between steak & chicken. Ive had Buffalo before, also had Springbok, crocodile & kangeroo in the form of burgers. Just tasted like burgers, really.
Go for Wildebeest next Mark!! A bit hard to find, never mind catch on the Yorkshire Moors though!!!😉😎

It wasn't Clachan it was this...I must go back to Scotland. 😛

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cranachan

I adore Cranachan! Not massively bad on carbs for a special occasion either;

Home Made - Cranachan

1. Servings:
Calories 245 Sodium 40 mg
Total Fat 20 g Potassium 0 mg
Saturated 10 g Total Carbs 16 g
Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 0 g
Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 10 g
Trans 0 g Protein 2 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Vitamin A 0% Calcium 0%
Vitamin C 0% Iron 0%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

Saturday
L - Beef burrito, was just awful tasted like pure carbs.... picked it up on my way home from Yoga would have gone for the Empanada but they didn't have any
D - Smoked Tri Tip with Steamed Brussels tossed in butter & salad
Sunday
B - Absolutely fresh organic eggs (from a local producer), fried, with artisan bacon
S - Pesto & spinach stuffed mushrooms for the start of the game
D - Pulled Pork with homemade BBQ sauce (Keto friendly) & Coleslaw made with organic chipotle mayo & organic apple cider vinegar

Yesterday,
B Hard boiled egg & coffee with milk
L Tuna salad on protein bread, one slice, and natural yogurt
T Frozen meal: Chicken in red wine gravy. (Wiltshire Farm Foods)
Total carbs for the day 77

Yesterday:
B: Bacon butty in Burgen
L: None as I has breakfast late
D: Sausage, bacon & liver casserole
2 squares 85% choccy

Today
B - 2 toasted waffles with butter
9:45ish - sachet cadbury's highlights fudge hot chocolate
D - aberdeen angus quarter pounder and cheese on a 50/50 roll popped under the grill
2:30ish - cup of roasted hazelnut coffee, milk
T - parmesan chicken, 2 yorkshire puddings, 80g carrots and a dollop of salad cream
After t - cup of coffee, milk x

Menu for Sunday 050217
BG 5.7 @ 6.49
Bottle water with fibre
Breakfast:
2 rashers bacon, 2 fried in butter extra large eggs, 4oz smoked cheese which was yucky, 3/4 cup of celery
and felt sick after. I hate smoked stuff, bought it by mistake.
Pt Aspirin water, meds, cod liver oil capsule
BG 5.7 @ 10.45

Lunch:
Cod fried in butter, 2 cups Leeks, 4 tbs Mayo
Bottle water throughout the afternoon.

Dinner:
Portion of Roast Chicken and one thick slice of Roast Turkey.
Bottle water and a Levothyroxine pill.

First thing after the loo - 15 stones 4 pounds / Tum - 49

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back