What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B - Poached Egg Burgen Toast, Greek Yoghurt & Blueberries
L - Tuna Salad
D - Frittata with Kale, Broccoli Sprouts

B. Muesli, yoghurt, sprinkling of seed mix and a bit of leftover stewed apple
Mid-am. Cappucino
L. Kale soup ( tried it when kale was on offer the other week, and spinach was unavailable due to the weather in Spain. Surprisingly nice!) Half an apple, satsuma, 2 sqs 90% dark choc.
PM. 2 sqs milk choc upfront to prevent gardening hypo, flapjack when it happened anyway.
D.Cannelini beans with a tuna and veg sauce.

Yesterday 01.02.17

B. Nil apart from a skinny lattè
L. 1 Youngs smoked salmon seafood stick cut into bite size, 1 tablespoon of celery, nuts & sultana salad with diced beetroot. That was quite filling.
Afternoon snack...handful of almond nuts, water
Eve.meal. not much of an appetite so had two boiled eggs with toasted crumpet soldiers! Cup of decaf tea, muller light yogurt
Almond nuts for evening snack + skinny cappuccino

1ltr water throughout the day & evening
Regular meds + 1 garlic oil capsule

Diagnosed Type2 April 2016
Currently no metformin
Diet & exercise only
1 Youngs smoked salmon seafood stick? That sounds lovely, do you get them in the supermarket wirralass?

B. Muesli, yoghurt, sprinkling of seed mix and a bit of leftover stewed apple
Mid-am. Cappucino
L. Kale soup ( tried it when kale was on offer the other week, and spinach was unavailable due to the weather in Spain. Surprisingly nice!) Half an apple, satsuma, 2 sqs 90% dark choc.
PM. 2 sqs milk choc upfront to prevent gardening hypo, flapjack when it happened anyway.
D.Cannelini beans with a tuna and veg sauce.
I love Kale, drop a bit of butter & garlic in with it! Delicious!

I love Kale, drop a bit of butter & garlic in with it! Delicious!
So do I, but I've only just converted OH! Never tried it in soup before, I thought it might retain too much structure to blend down, but when I'd bought a huge bag on offer for £1, and it was still half full after we'd had it as a veg three times....

1 Youngs smoked salmon seafood stick? That sounds lovely, do you get them in the supermarket wirralass?
Yes i have to say they are tasty Ianbilly. Bought a small tray of 8 indivually wrapped from Asda. Made with Whitefish and smoked atlantic salmon. Each stick is only about 2&1/2" long. Not tried them before but glad I did. Neither have I bought the celery, nut & sultana salad, 300g tub, again from Asda. Both might be cheaper elsewhere tho! I needed a change from what has become a mundane diet! Hope you enjoy if you buy them. Take care

Really I just want to pig out. I can feel my food addiction waiting in the wings. I'm only being half-way good because of threat of weight loss surgery and my D. :(

Menu for Wednesday 010217
Bottle water with fibre
Breakfast:
Bacon and Eggs, 1 Tomato.
Pt Aspirin water, meds, cod liver oil capsule
Lunch:
Ham, Coleslaw, 4oz Cheddar.
Bottle water throughout the afternoon.
Dinner:
Posh chicken salad (already made up in Tesco, no idea of carbs)
Supper:
Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese left-over sarnie (agh why can't Mum just eat her meals instead of being so finickity?)
Bottle water and a Levothyroxine pill.

Weight up :( tum still 49inches and solid...hate it.
Keep going Ditto, you may succeed on another day. Do you do stretching exercises to help dwindle your waist? They would help shift an inch or two if you practiced every day. Its working for me, but its slow. Keep chin up if you can & think positive. Take care

Yesterday:
B - Left over turkey breast
L - Mushroom & cheese omelet
D - Steelhead & Spinach quiche with almond flour pie crust with a butter lettuce side salad topped with a apple cider vinegar & EVOO dressing

Yesterday:
B - Left over turkey breast
L - Mushroom & cheese omelet
D - Steelhead & Spinach quiche with almond flour pie crust with a butter lettuce side salad topped with a apple cider vinegar & EVOO dressing
What a tasty yesterday's menu, I like!

Today
B - 2 slices soreen fruity malt loaf (see I told you I was changing it haha)
10ish - cup of roasted hazelnut coffee, milk
D - half a small dish of baked eggs with cheese and chives and 2 slices 50/50 toast
2ish - cup of smooth caramel coffee, milk and 4 squares G&B 85% (oops) 🙂
T - chicken breast with cheese, leeks and bacon, 80g petits pois and 2 potato waffles
After t - cup of coffee, milk x

Menu for Thursday 020217
Bottle water with fibre
Breakfast:
Bacon and Eggs, 1 Tomato, 4oz Cheddar.
Pt Aspirin water, meds, cod liver oil capsule
Lunch:
Lg tin Tuna with mayo.
Bottle water throughout the afternoon.
Dinner:
Carton cottage cheese, half pkt Turkey, salad, mayo.
Bottle water and a Levothyroxine pill.

I lost 4 ounces over night. :D Tum still 49. I think 'tum' comes from omentum. I only found that out today!

Yesterday.
B: ham, slice of cheese & scrambled egg
L: Tuna salad
Bar of 85% cherry filled choccy
D: Large donner with salad & garkic mayo.
Berries & double cream

Tested BG with the cherry choccy bar.
Before: 5.6
1hr: 6.2
2hrs: 6.6.🙂

What I ate yesterday
B..toast with marmite
L.. Went out for lunch and had an all day breakfast ... One sausage one egg two slices of bacon mushrooms baked beans that I didn't eat ... One slice of white toast :0
T... Four ryvitas with hummus and a four squares of chocologic dark chocolate and a yogurt

Yesterday Thurs 02.02.2017

B: Bowl ready break made with skimmed milk ..I know, pathetic but had run out of weetabix!
Elevenses: Handful of almond nuts, water.
L. Red onion & cherry tomato 2 egg Omelette, cup decaf tea
pm snack: Toasted Teacake! Cappuccino
Eve.meal: Bowl homemade veg soup, yummy! small tirisamu (my guilty pleasure!)
5 red grapes. Skinny Cappuchino
Before bed: 2sqrs dark chocolate, lush! But my bgl upon risìng this morning was 9.4!!! That's high for me. So no more choc from now on.

750mls water throughout day & evening
Regular meds + 1 garlic oil capsule

Diagnosed Type 2 April 2016.
Currently not taking metformin
Diet & exercise only

Last edited:
I can't believe what y'all get away with eating. I think it's great. If I tried that I'd be in double figures and weigh another ten stone. :D

I can't believe what y'all get away with eating. I think it's great. If I tried that I'd be in double figures and weigh another ten stone. :D
What exercise do you do Ditto?😎

Yesterday
B - porridge
L - roasted vegetable frittata, salad, packet of hula hoops
D - homemade chicken curry, spoon of rice and a few prawn crackers. Followed by a yogurt.
S - handful of peanuts and a few mini cheddars.

Hi @Ditto. It might seem like we are all eating a lot but bear in mind 'portion size'' is paramount. If I may say, if you reduce your portion size even if it's just a little bit to start with, I'm sure you'll notice a difference even after say one-two weeks albeit small. It's not easy especially if you're feeling hungry! It's a case of training our brains to inform our stomachs what it can/can't eat & how much. We can all go overboard once in a while with portion sizes or a treat. Exercise is another thing to remember. I would suggest that you start off slowly & build up. Once in the habit of exercising in whichever form you choose it does becomes easier & not such a hardship & can even become enjoyable. For my part I actually look forward to pedalling away on my exercise bike now & doing my daily stretching exercises. My weight plateau'd in December but found stretching exercises helped me to shift those extra unwanted inches especially round the middle and waist☺I have lost 7inches from my waist & an overall inch loss of 14&3/4" to date through diet & exercise. I would also say a little/or lot of patience & dedication is useful towards an effort to achieve target weight & measurements. Hope this has helped & good luck. Take care. Wirralass x

Yesterday meals:
B- Multigrain porridge with blueberries
Mid-day- poached salmon, broccoli & tenderheart cabbage
T- fish pie mini-meal (Wiltshire Farm Foods frozen meal)
Late- Tuna sandwich. (Which the error of my ways showed on my waking reading!)

Yesterday I consumed:

B: cappuccino

Brunch: Two fried eggs on a bed of peppery haggis. Wonderful flavour combination.

Afternoon: Americano with two rich tea biccies.

D: corned beef hash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back