Salmon, new potatoes, sweet potato & garlic mash,
green beans, peas / Sauvignon Blanc (4oz) {510 Cal / 38.5g Carbs}
Peach, raspberries, yoghurt {78 Cal / 11.4g Carbs}

Snack (9pm): Toast (one slice, seeded), almond milk {142 Cal / 16.6g Carbs}

4 cups of coffee too

Calories 1834
Carbs 174.4g
Protein 96.1g
Fat 62.5g (Sat Fat 9.2g / Trans fat 0.3g)

All food cooked from scratch, if you would like any recipes please just ask

18/09/18
06:54 BS 7.8. 12 units Novorapid, exercises & Breakfast:-3 oatcakes nairns, 75g mature cheddar dromona & 1 cup twinings everyday with alpro longlife almond milk. 08:31 BS 9.3.

12:49 BS 8.8. 8 units Novorapid 24 units Levemir & all other meds Lunch:- 1 tempura cod fillet youngs, 1 bag steam veg birdseye sunshine mix & 100ml mango & passion fruit juice crackers drinks co. I noticed the change of taste & checked the label: yet another recipe change with less sugar! I could only just manage 100ml & left the other 50ml back in the fridge! Grr! Completely forgot to test!

21:03 BS 7.6. 8 units Novorapid Dinner:- 1 serving chicken casserole, 1 serving reheated baked potato mash & 150ml apple juice tesco growers harvest (not much left). 22:39 BS 7.8.

Much better day of readings all back in the green within target ranges!🙂

Just bought & downloaded the newly out Robert Galbraith, aka JK Rowling, Strike book on kindle & audible! Spent most of the day listening to & reading the audio & kindle book! I love this series & have all the previous 3 as well!:D

Hope you all a good day!🙂 It was a miserable start & there’s now a storm of wind & rain but, I was tucked up under the duvet in bed reading! Isn’t that called a “duvet day”? :D

Goodnight & sleep tight all!🙂

Yesterday
Tea
B: (Out) Bacon, suasage, 2 eggs, beans, tinned tom, granary toast, tea
Tea
L: Corned beef & tomato butty on wholemeal, tea
Tea
T: Beef & mushrooms in red wine (cooked in the slow cooker), 5 new potatoes, carrots & fine beans. We have friends staying and they brought a birthday cake with them to celebrate one of their birthdays so I had a small slice - it would have been rude not to 🙄. Red wine.

Wednesday 19/9
FBG (5.30am) 4.3
Exercise free day today.

Breakfast (8am): Scrambled eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes,
toast (one slice, seeded)/ Juice from one orange {280 Cal / 19.2g Carbs}

Lunch (12pm): Sweet potato & chorizo soup {88 Cal / 12.0g Carbs}
Cottage cheese and beans on toast {251 Cal / 28.3g Carbs}
Pear, blackberries, yoghurt, walnuts {150 Cal / 13.4g Carbs}

Snack (3pm): Chocolate cake [small piece, still warm from oven] {123 Cal / 14.1g Carbs}

Dinner (6pm): Parma ham, melon {66 Cal / 7.1g Carbs}
Chicken Milanese, fries, avocado, salad {511 Cal / 30.9g Carbs}
Strawberries, raspberries, yoghurt. pecans, 100% chocolate {180 Cal / 11.9g Carbs}

4 cups of coffee too

Calories 1729
Carbs 148.2g
Protein 102.4g
Fat 68.3g (Sat Fat 18.4g / Trans fat 0.6g)

breakfast: natural yoghurt and prunes with few almonds
lunch: veg soup, no bread.
dinner: casserole of veg with beef, served with celariac/potato mash and broccolli.
snacks: 2 digestive biscuits, one with cottage cheese
1 square dark chocolate - might have been more but that was all that was left.

I started off ok enough with 7.6. But, then it all started going downhill from there!:( I was fire fighting high BS all day & was over 19.0 at one point! I needed correction after correction & was thinking “what is going on? I thought I must be coming down with something, dozed off after lunch & woke with a scratchy throat. The scratchiness comes & goes but, I’m very short of breath & trying not to overdo the inhalers! The irony is that I just got my flu jab letter for the vaccine on 03/10/18 & I ‘m now hoping I over my cold by then? Almost all my colds go to the chest & need antibiotics afterwards for a chest infection!:(

I’m currently in that impending cold looming stage & waiting for the awfulness to come!:(

Ate casseroles all day as they were easy to bung in the microwave!

Anyway, enough about grumpy me!😡

I hope you all had a better day & wish you all a good night!🙂

Not all was gloomy: I’m enjoying the newly out Strike book by Robert Galbraith, aka JK Rowling!🙂

B. 2 slices of white toast it’s all we had 😱 With peanut butter and a large coffee with milk. Having not had white bread for a few years, it looked right odd and to be honest tasted bland
L. Nowt.
D. 2 hot dogs, few new potatoes some cold baked beans and a Coke Zero.
S . An apple
Water throughout the day.

B. 2 slices of white toast it’s all we had 😱 With peanut butter and a large coffee with milk. Having not had white bread for a few years, it looked right odd and to be honest tasted bland
L. Nowt.
D. 2 hot dogs, few new potatoes some cold baked beans and a Coke Zero.
S . An apple
Water throughout the day.

Yeah, I agree I think white bread is bland too after having 50/50 for so long! I tried wholemeal at the start but, found it too strong a flavour so, settled for 50/50, half white & half wholemeal, & wonder IF I’d like wholemeal now?🙄

I started off ok enough with 7.6. But, then it all started going downhill from there!:( I was fire fighting high BS all day & was over 19.0 at one point! I needed correction after correction & was thinking “what is going on? I thought I must be coming down with something, dozed off after lunch & woke with a scratchy throat. The scratchiness comes & goes but, I’m very short of breath & trying not to overdo the inhalers! The irony is that I just got my flu jab letter for the vaccine on 03/10/18 & I ‘m now hoping I over my cold by then? Almost all my colds go to the chest & need antibiotics afterwards for a chest infection!:(

I’m currently in that impending cold looming stage & waiting for the awfulness to come!:(

Ate casseroles all day as they were easy to bung in the microwave!

Anyway, enough about grumpy me!😡

I hope you all had a better day & wish you all a good night!🙂

Not all was gloomy: I’m enjoying the newly out Strike book by Robert Galbraith, aka JK Rowling!🙂
Hope things improve tomorrow

Yeah, I agree I think white bread is bland too after having 50/50 for so long! I tried wholemeal at the start but, found it too strong a flavour so, settled for 50/50, half white & half wholemeal, & wonder IF I’d like wholemeal now?🙄
I only eat white bread if I have made it myself. A slice, still warm from the oven, with butter and strawberry jam is wonderful. I used to have this 2 or 3 times a week and it was probably my downfall ( 1 thick slice has 500 plus calories, 60g carbs, 30g fat).
I now have this once every 2 or 3 months and have a good walk afterwards.

Reactions: Ljc
20/09/18 Felt a little better today as breathing became easier, as long as I didn’t get up & moved, as the day went on. But, my cold started moving up from my chest to my head: chest clear ish & sniffing the nose as I write this before bed! WARNING!!! High amounts of insulin used for better BS control!😱

07:56 BS 6.7. Not hungry & stayed in bed!

09:45 BS 8.7. 22 units Novorapid, guessing as I feel better, exercises & Breakfast:- 1 serving lamb casserole, 2 cups twinings everyday with longlife almond milk. 11:34 BS 6.1. Not a bad guess but, will try 20 units next!

12:00 Midday Levemir 24 units. Not hungry & fell asleep afterwards: don’t know when!

16:34 BS 5.2. Awake 20 units Novorapid Lunch:- 1 serving lamb curry (very mild one), 1 serving reheated baked potato mash & 100ml apple juice tesco growers harvest (last bit). 18:55 BS 8.1. Spot on guess & will try 20 units next as well.

19:50 BS 7.5. About 45 minutes early but, hungry! 20 units Novorapid Dinner:- 1 tempura cod fillet youngs, 100g potato lattices, 100g baked beans heinz & half can 165ml coke, no apple juice & don’t like the new lower sugar juices from crackers drinks co. 21:25 BS 6.2. Would be ok but, going to have bath before bed so, 1 cup tea twinings everyday with 1tsp of sugar before bath at 22:00.

22:49. BS 10.4. Oops! Seems I was too cautious with the tea & sugar!

A better day today & I expect a head cold tomorrow with runny nose, etc. This is not my usual cold as it went from chest to head & 9 times out of 10 it’s the other way round: head to chest!

I used 130 units Novorapid yesterday & BS was from 7.6 to 19.6.

Today I used 62 units Novorapid & BS was from 5.2 to 8.7.

Who knows what tomorrow will bring!

My Levemir doses are ok, I think, as they’re holding me pretty level when I sleep!

Hope you all had a good day & I bid you a goodnight!🙂

Thursday 20/9
FBG (5.30am) Not measured today
Snack (5.30am): Banana {61 Cal / 13.8g Carbs}
……………………………..4 mile walk
Breakfast (8am): Poached duck egg, ham, mushrooms,
tomatoes / Juice from one orange {253 Cal / 13.2g Carbs}

Lunch (12pm): Celeriac & chestnut soup {78 Cal / 11.0g Carbs}
Salmon & avocado salad {357 Cal / 4.9g Carbs}
Mango, passion fruit, yoghurt, macadamias {151 Cal / 12.9g Carbs}

Snack (3pm): Peach, almonds {80 Cal / 7.5g Carbs}
……………………………...5 mile walk

BG (6pm): 4.1
Dinner (6pm): Rabbit & prune casserole, sweet potato & squash mash,
green beans, peas {331 Cal / 40.1g Carbs}
Vanilla ice cream, summer fruit {112 Cal / 12.9g Carbs}

Snack (9pm): Toast (one slice, seeded), almond milk {168 Cal / 17.4g Carbs}

4 cups of coffee too

Calories 1669
Carbs 144.7g
Protein 102.7g
Fat 64.4g (Sat Fat 13.5g / Trans fat 0.5g)

Yesterday
Tea
B: Banana & cream, eggs & beans on wholemeal toast, coffee
Tea
L: 6 Ryvita wholegrain crispbreads, cheese spread, sliced tomato, mixed fruit, Activia NAS yogurt
Tea
T: Bacon & vegetable bake, red wine.

B. Some more of that horrid white bread toasted to black (h@ve loads left :() with peanut butter and a very large coffee.
L.. sparkling water
D , Fish pie, peas and a Coke Zero
S. An apple
Was 4.3 Before bed so to keep me safe 3 gingernuts.

I went a bit mad for my birthday week (first week of Sept) and have been trying to get back on track which it is proving not so easy, but slowly improving.
Wednesday evening, because my daughter wasn't in England for my birthday, we celebrated, we went to a Brazilian restaurant that has a way called "Rodizio" - It is barbecue, eat all you want, the waiters come to the table with different cuts of meat in a sword (or some like it LOL) and they cut slices that you pick with tongs and put in your plate, they have also all kinds of sausages, and some entrails for the ones who like it, chicken, chicken hearts, lots more + a buffet self service that has tons of salads and cold stuff, and then another buffet section that has hot food. We were really good, didn't have much of the fatty stuff, were aiming for non alcohol but they were offering free Caipirinhas (Brazilian mojitos kind of thing, sugar cane alcohol with lime and sugar) so we went for it (as I wasn't driving!)
We had a white chocolate and passion fruit desert that was heavenly, shared one for the two of us.

Yesterday: Breakfast : wholemeal muffin with scrambled eggs (2 small) without salt, just a touch of black pepper- coffee with semi skimmed milk.

Lunch: Oven Baked courgettes & Feta Fritters (found the recipe in Pinterest and they were so amazing we made them again!) with home made tzasiki (fat free greek yogurt- dried mint- chopped cucumber) mixed leaves salad- a slice of pineapple

mid afternoon: 2 slices of Banana Bread for the Diabetes UK recipe finder, 3rd time I make it and LOVE it!!!! with Yorkshire tea with a little bit semi skimmed milk.

dinner: white fish fillets cooked with the recipe for Cod Portuguese I got from the Recipe Finder here too. a slice of water melon-
LOTS of herbal tea through the day.

@Lanny we have the noodles with Oxo cube since I can remember, way before my diabetes, and now I get some low salt cubes from Knorr- Hope you are feeling better!!!

@Ljc was it you that said like burnt stuff? my daughter loved fried onions almost burnt when she was a toddler...and I got used to it and still do! I always like stuff well done...not sure I would go for burnt toast though LOL

@MrsPeel , yes it’s me that likes burnt toast and burnt onions, mind you I love raw onions , whenever I am chopping/slicing them I’m eating them too
Your Birthday meal sounds lovely, right up my street.

Friday 21/9
FBG (5.30am) 3.9
Breakfast 1 (5.30am): Porridge (made with almond milk),
raspberries, blackcurrants, pecans {276 Cal / 32.2g Carbs}
……………………………….5 mile walk
Breakfast (8am): Toast (one slice, seeded),mackerel / Tangerine {242 Cal / 18.6g Carbs}

Lunch (12pm): Celeriac & apple soup {70 Cal / 13.7g Carbs}
Rabbit & prune casserole [leftovers], green beans, peas {255 Cal / 29.9g Carbs}
Pear, blackberries, yoghurt, hazelnuts {146 Cal / 11.9g Carbs}

Snack (3pm): Chocolate cake {215 Cal / 28.3g Carbs}

Dinner (6pm): Breaded basa fillets, fries, baked beans {383 Cal / 38.0g Carbs}
Peach, blueberries, yoghurt, almonds {149 Cal / 11.7g Carbs}

4 cups of coffee too

Calories 1815
Carbs 195.1g
Protein 106.5g
Fat 56.1g (Sat Fat 14.6g / Trans fat 0.5g)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back