Breakfast 1 (5.30am): Weetabix (made with almond milk),
raspberries, blackcurrants {189 Cal / 31.6g Carbs}
……………………………….4 mile walk
Breakfast 2 (8am): Scrambled egg, bacon, toast (one slice, seeded),
mushrooms, tomatoes / Juice from half a grapefruit {316 Cal / 20.9g Carbs}

Lunch (12pm): Celeriac & apple soup {56 Cal / 11.0g Carbs}
Cottage cheese & avocado salad {275 Cal / 8.9g Carbs}
Nectarine, blueberries, yoghurt, walnuts {144 Cal / 12.2g Carbs}

Snack (3pm): Tapas bar with friends (not planned or I'd have skipped lunch)
Olives / Wood pigeon & truffle crostini / Crema Catalana /
Prosecco (2 x 2oz) {394 Cal / 17.6g Carbs}

…………………………………..3 mile walk
Dinner (8pm): Texas chilli, sweet potato wedges, guacamole,
cornbread {471 Cal / 36.1g Carbs}
Strawberries, blackberries, yoghurt {77 Cal / 7.7g Carbs}

4 cups of coffee too

Calories 1848
Carbs 142.8g
Protein 112.6g
Fat 71.3g (Sat Fat 16.5g / Trans fat 0.6g)

All food cooked from scratch, if you would like any recipes please just ask

15/09/18 Yippee! Had an all green day of within target readings!:D Haven’t had one of THOSE in some time: all in 6’s & 5’s! Wow!!! (Wrote this while waiting to test after dinner.) Had 2 units less insulin today & still low at one point. So, can reduce insulin further tomorrow!🙂

00:00 Midnight alarm! BS 8.5. 6 units Levemir & back to bed! There’s proof positive that my BS rises overnight: doc. was right to split my doses! I resisted it before but, the alarms help & I can drop off again after! Also helps to give some structure for those times when my sleeping pattern goes awry: midday & midnight!

12:05 BS 6.8. Wow! 16 units Novorapid, cautious reduction, exercises & Breakfast:- 1 serving lamb curry & 150ml pure apple juice tesco growers harvest. 14:40 BS 5.2. Too low! Sipped half can 165ml coke & had an early lunch.

14:40 BS 5.2. 6 units Novorapid, much reduced dose as there’s still 90 minutes of active insulin, Early Lunch:- half can 165ml coke & 1 serving lamb curry. Because it’s easier as I didn’t have to wait while cooking something else & didn’t want to hypo before the curry kicks in! Dozed off some time afterwards: don’t know what time!

Recipe for lamb curry 6 servings (trying out & it’s not hot enough: casserole with mild kick?)
2x375g packs diced frozen lamb asda (bought before I broke mum’s slow cooker)
3 sticks carrots sliced
3 onions diced
0.5 tub 100g dragon brand curry concentrate bought from Sainsbury’s (tesco stopped doing my known favourite tasty foods brand)
1 pint water

Description
Original Curry Sauce Concentrate
Makes 2 pints
Preservative free
Suitable for vegetarians

Nutrition
Table of Nutritional Information

per 100ml as consumed
Energy
286kJ/
68.5kcal
Fat
3.17g
(of which saturates)
0.67g
Carbohydrates
9.05g
(of which sugars)
0.49g
Protein
1.13g
Salt
0.73g

Slowed cooked on low for 12 hours overnight! The amount of water was about right but, was very thin for curry & not much kick to it. So, will use the whole pot with 1 pint water next time: didn’t factor in the frozen meat & veg releasing water too!

19:13 BS 5.5. Awake but, not hungry yet!

20:11 BS 5.8. Ah! There’s less of a DP rise at this time of day: 0.3/hour compared to 1.0/hour in the morning! Good to note! 8 units Novorapid Dinner:- 1 tempura cod fillet youngs, 1 bag steam veg birdseye sunshine mix, 5g pure butter dromona & the other half can 165ml coke. 21:56. BS 9.0. Aww!:( broke my low streak of 6’s & 5’s! But, still within target!🙂

I hope you all had a good day & I bid you a goodnight!🙂

I started reading and making a note about things that I wanted to reply to and ideas for my lunches.... then when I get to the bottom, I see there are some 350
something pages of replies! I was already getting hungry in the 1st, so I thought I better come to the last page.
Couple of things that stood out to me in the first page:
I need to get that Burgen (take it is a bread?)
and @Northerner .... I thought you were female...! that goes to show how conditioned we are about gender stereotypes.... (I saw the pink piggy (super cute btw!!!) and automatically brought me to the female conclusion!
my food yesterday:

breakfast : Coffee with semi skimmed milk- porridge with semi skimmed milk, in the bowl added half a banana sliced on top, sprinkled with brown sugar and under the grill for a few minutes.

lunch: shrimp & avocado salad with flat leaf parsley, a tiny bit olive oil, lemon juice & black pepper (am sticking to minimum salt), a slice of Warburtons Thins Wholemeal- I made a little bit of Thousand Island Dressing (light mayonnaise and a drop of ketchup) and had a very very tiny amount of it & a fig for desert

mid afternoon: a slice of {kinda failed} carrot cake from the Diabetes UK Recipe Finder and Apple & Pear Green Tea

dinner: Spinach & Pine Nuts Bites from a make called Gosh! & watercress & rocket salad with tiny oilve oil, lemon d black pepper- handful of strawberries.

all through the day lots of water and green tea, lemon & ginger and fruity ones.

I started reading and making a note about things that I wanted to reply to and ideas for my lunches.... then when I get to the bottom, I see there are some 350
something pages of replies! I was already getting hungry in the 1st, so I thought I better come to the last page.
Couple of things that stood out to me in the first page:
I need to get that Burgen (take it is a bread?)
and @Northerner .... I thought you were female...! that goes to show how conditioned we are about gender stereotypes.... (I saw the pink piggy (super cute btw!!!) and automatically brought me to the female conclusion!
my food yesterday:

breakfast : Coffee with semi skimmed milk- porridge with semi skimmed milk, in the bowl added half a banana sliced on top, sprinkled with brown sugar and under the grill for a few minutes.

lunch: shrimp & avocado salad with flat leaf parsley, a tiny bit olive oil, lemon juice & black pepper (am sticking to minimum salt), a slice of Warburtons Thins Wholemeal- I made a little bit of Thousand Island Dressing (light mayonnaise and a drop of ketchup) and had a very very tiny amount of it & a fig for desert

mid afternoon: a slice of {kinda failed} carrot cake from the Diabetes UK Recipe Finder and Apple & Pear Green Tea

dinner: Spinach & Pine Nuts Bites from a make called Gosh! & watercress & rocket salad with tiny oilve oil, lemon d black pepper- handful of strawberries.

all through the day lots of water and green tea, lemon & ginger and fruity ones.

Welcome to this thread @MrsPeel!🙂

B. My usual and coffee with cream
L. Sparkling water
S coffee and 2 gingernuts.
D. Same as yesterday.
S. Walnuts.
Water throughout the day

Yesterday (away in the motorhome)
B: 2 slices of Warburtons super seedy (or something like that) with baked beans and a fried egg.
Tea
Latte
L: Olives, dips, cucumber, pepper, continental meats, red wine.
Tea
T: Moussaka, white wine.
Cognac.

16/09/18 Yay! Another all green within targets day of readings!😛

10:59 BS 6.8. Awake! Feeling lazy & not hungry yet so, caught up a bit on the forum.

12:39 BS 6.9. Rose a smidge as I was still in bed! 14 units Novorapid, further reduced, 24 units Levemir & all other meds, exercises & Breakfast:- 1 serving chicken casserole & 150ml apple juice tesco growers harvest. No mash potato! 14:20 BS 5.2. Too low & had half an oatcake: full oatcake in the past raises the BS too much!

19:27 BS 6.7. Ah! Just the right amount to bring me back up! 8 units Novorapid Lunch:- 1 serving lamb casserole (with potatoes in it) & 150ml apple juice. 21:51 BS 7.5.

22:51 BS 7.6. No drop & virtually the same reading, given meter tolerances. A little bit early to eat but, not by much, 8 units Novorapid Dinner:- 1 serving of lamb curry, the very mild one made yesterday, with 1 pack of nissin instant noodles, no soup base, & bottled water.

I think there’s a lot of sugar in the sachet of soup base that comes with the instant noodles so, I tried this last packet without any! Only used half the flavour sachet anyway as the luncheon meat, I’d been having with it, adds a lot of flavour!

00:00 Midnight 6 units Levemir.

00:48 BS 8.0. Yay! Got the dose right! I think with instant noodles, in future, I’ll add some oxo instead of the flavour sachet! Going to bed soon! Hope you all had a lazy, easy Sunday!🙂

B. Was very hungry I ate three 😱 slices of wholemeal toast two had some peanut butter on the other one I deliberately burned and put lashings of butter on, I adore nearly black toast. I had a large coffee with cream
L. Still full after brekkie
S. An apple.
D. Corned beef hash, broccoli and a Coke Zero
S. Slice of wholemeal burnt toast and a coffee with milk.

Water throughout the day

Yesterday
Tea
B: 2 bacon, 2 sausages, 2 eggs, beans, tomato & mushrooms, 1 brown toast, latte.
Tea
No lunch
Tea
T: Lamb shank, 6 tiny roast baby potatoes, carrot, cauli & broccoli mix, runner beans.
Iced coffee.

Sunday 16/9
FBG (5.30am) Not measured today
Breakfast (8am): Bacon, scrambled eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes,
toast (one slice, seeded), avocado / Juice from one orange {361 Cal / 18.0g Carbs}

Snack (9.30am): Banana {64 Cal / 14.6g Carbs}
………………………………...11 mile walk

Lunch (12pm): Picnic during walk
Beef & pearl barley broth {186 Cal / 20.6g Carbs}
Turkey salad, hummus {161 Cal / 9.3g Carbs}
Nectarine, blackberries, yoghurt, walnuts {129 Cal / 9.6g Carbs}

Beer (1 pint): In pub after walk {261 Cal / 19.5g Carbs}

Dinner (6pm): Chicken, roast potatoes, squash, turnip,
green beans, peas {407 Cal / 31.3g Carbs}
Strawberries, pear, yoghurt {157 Cal / 14.3g Carbs}

3 cups of coffee too

Calories 1858
Carbs 154.8g
Protein 114.1g
Fat 58.1g (Sat Fat 13.7g / Trans fat 0.4g)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ljc
Monday 17/9
FBG (5.30am) 4.0
Breakfast 1 (5.30am): Porridge (made with almond milk),
raspberries, blackcurrants, pecans {279 Cal / 33.3g Carbs}
……………………………….2 mile walk
……………………………….5 km on rowing machine
Breakfast (7am): Toast (one slice, seeded), garlic mushrooms, tomatoes /
Juice from half a ruby grapefruit {122 Cal / 18.0g Carbs}

Snack (11am): Banana {67 Cal / 15.2g Carbs}
………………………………..2 mile walk

Lunch (12pm): Sweet potato & chorizo soup {91 Cal / 12.4g Carbs}
Cottage cheese & avocado salad {318 Cal / 9.8g Carbs}
Pear, blackberries, yoghurt, walnuts {165 Cal / 14.6g Carbs}

BG (6pm): 4.3
Dinner (6pm): Lincolnshire sausages (x2), celeriac mash, carrots, swede,
green beans, sweetcorn {453 Cal / 44.8g Carbs}
Mango, yoghurt, passion fruit {89 Cal / 12.4g Carbs}

Snack (8pm): Toast (one slice, seeded), milk (semi skimmed) {195 Cal / 21.0g Carbs}

4 cups of coffee too

Calories 1858
Carbs 192.2g
Protein 96.7g
Fat 71.1g (Sat Fat 17.6g / Trans fat 0.6g)

Eh!:confused: You’re weird!:D You LIKE burnt toast?😱o_O
Yup I’m weird lol.
Burnt fried onions are another favourite
I love lots of things cold too.
Baked beans, chips, sausages, hard roe , dumplings that’s just for starters
As a kid I loved to dip dry bread in my cup of tea .
And a ketchup sarnie was Devine

17/09/18
06:56 BS 6.5. 12 units Novorapid, further reduced, exercises & Breakfast:- 1 slice veg roll hulls, 2 sausages cookstown, 100g baked beans, 150ml apple juice tesco growers harvest & herb & cheese omelette. 08:56 BS 10.8. A bit high but, not too bad! Will see if it settles down & get lower over next few days?

12:00 Midday Levemir 24 units & all other meds. Not hungry!

Dozed off in the rain: the sound of it makes me sleepy!

20:27 BS 7.6. Awake 10 units Novorapid Lunch:- 1 serving chicken casserole, 1 serving baked potato mash & 150ml apple juice. 23:14 BS 9.8. Just out of target range!

Aww! A bit more of a mixed bag readings wise but, less insulin! So, happy enough!🙂

Hope you all had a good day!🙂

I watched, & caught up on, all 4 episodes of the period drama Vanity Fair on ITV at the moment so, a bit later reporting in! Very good if any of you fancy a nice period drama: very funny too!:D

I like some things cold too @Ljc.

I’m with you on the cold baked beans: I don’t like them heated as they’re sweeter cold & can be sour when hot; maybe my super tasting tastebuds. Also, my favourite mckees veg soup tastes SO much sweeter cold although, I like it hot sometimes: has a different taste!

I wonder if youve ever had biscotti dunked in tea? I’m not a dunker myself but, one of my sisters likes dunking biscotti!

I wonder if youve ever had biscotti dunked in tea? I’m not a dunker myself but, one of my sisters likes dunking biscotti!
Oh yes yummmm

I like some things cold too @Ljc.

Not in tea, which I never drink, but lovely dipped in coffee.
Amaretti biscuits too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back