What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Lanny , Chicken casserole sounds good, I’ll be round the tomorrow :D Snap my weekly shopping is coming tomorrow too . I’ve not bought anything interesting though as my freezer needs defrosting , so just stuff for the fridge and cupboards

B. My usual and coffee with cream.
L. Nowt
D. Burger , frozen mash, peas and a Coke Zero.
S. 8 Strawberries
Water throughout the day
I though it was about time I behaved myself 🙂

Yesterday
Tea
Banana
B: Bacon, eggs, mushrooms, water.
Tea
L: Cheese & tomato butty (in local pub with a friend), & we shared a bowl of chips 😱, diet coke
Tea
T: Turkey tikka masala (no rice cos of the earlier chips)
Iced coffee.

11/09/18
00:01 6 units Levemir & went to bed.

11:05 BS 9.5. 18 units Novorapid 24 units Levemir & all other meds, exercises & Breakfast:- 1 tempura cod fillet youngs, 100g potato lattices asda & 150ml pure apple juice tesco growers harvest. 13: 10 BS 13.0. Correction of +2 units.

Shopping arrived after 12:00 & started chicken casserole around 12:30 for dinner later!

Recipe for chicken casserole (8 portions, guessing)
1x1.5kg whole chicken willow farms tesco
400g closed cup mushrooms
3 oxo pots chicken with garlic & thyme
3 or 4 tsp of mixed herbs schwartz
Water to a third of the way up the ingredients.
Slowed cooked on med for 8 hours. Oops! The chicken was very big & I could only fit 1 punnet of mushrooms in with it! Only then looked up the instructions & it states the biggest size of chicken suitable for the slow cooker is 1kg & only fill water up to a third of the way up!

16:30 BS 7.9. Came down nicely after correction. 6 units Novorapid Lunch:- 1 serving veg soup & 150ml pure apple juice tesco growers harvest. 18:23 BS 7.0.

18:30 put in 6 large baking potatoes into the oven at 190c for 2 hours. Will scoop out the insides, add butter & black pepper when done. Have a bit less than 1 potato with casserole later & freeze the rest with the rest of the chicken. Was actually done in 90 minutes & put into 8 boxes.

20:30 BS 6.2. 8 units Novorapid Dinner:- 0.5 chicken leg, 1 chicken oyster or mini breast fillet (only learnt the first term from the film Amelie), a few mushrooms & some stock, reheated 1 box, three quarters, of mash potato & bottled water. 22:10 BS 6.8.

Waited for the chicken to cool down, took it out on a plate, used my hands to remove the bones, put it back in with the mushrooms & stock then, pulled it with 2 forks. I left the skin in, I like it, but, you can leave it out! Put it into 7 boxes so, considering I ate some, 8 portions was bang on the nose! Which matched perfectly with the 7 boxes of baked mash potato.

Thanks to this forum I learnt about the cooking, cooling & reheating method of dealing with pasta & potato with minimal effect on BS. Tried it before & it works. I LOVED baked potatoes but, that made my BS soar & now, using this method, it doesn’t! But, the potato needs to be scooped out freshly hot otherwise the taste from the baked skins, when cooled down, is overwhelming, to me as a super taster!

Had a bath & my midnight Levemir. Going to bed!

Hope you all had a good day!🙂

B. My usual and a large coffee with cream.
L. Nowt.
D. 3slices of roast chicken breast, frozen mash, Brussels sprouts and a Coke Zero
S. A few walnuts and I’m back on the wotsits again
Water throughout the day

11/09/18
00:01 6 units Levemir & went to bed.

11:05 BS 9.5. 18 units Novorapid 24 units Levemir & all other meds, exercises & Breakfast:- 1 tempura cod fillet youngs, 100g potato lattices asda & 150ml pure apple juice tesco growers harvest. 13: 10 BS 13.0. Correction of +2 units.

Shopping arrived after 12:00 & started chicken casserole around 12:30 for dinner later!

Recipe for chicken casserole (8 portions, guessing)
1x1.5kg whole chicken willow farms tesco
400g closed cup mushrooms
3 oxo pots chicken with garlic & thyme
3 or 4 tsp of mixed herbs schwartz
Water to a third of the way up the ingredients.
Slowed cooked on med for 8 hours. Oops! The chicken was very big & I could only fit 1 punnet of mushrooms in with it! Only then looked up the instructions & it states the biggest size of chicken suitable for the slow cooker is 1kg & only fill water up to a third of the way up!

16:30 BS 7.9. Came down nicely after correction. 6 units Novorapid Lunch:- 1 serving veg soup & 150ml pure apple juice tesco growers harvest. 18:23 BS 7.0.

18:30 put in 6 large baking potatoes into the oven at 190c for 2 hours. Will scoop out the insides, add butter & black pepper when done. Have a bit less than 1 potato with casserole later & freeze the rest with the rest of the chicken. Was actually done in 90 minutes & put into 8 boxes.

20:30 BS 6.2. 8 units Novorapid Dinner:- 0.5 chicken leg, 1 chicken oyster or mini breast fillet (only learnt the first term from the film Amelie), a few mushrooms & some stock, reheated 1 box, three quarters, of mash potato & bottled water. 22:10 BS 6.8.

Waited for the chicken to cool down, took it out on a plate, used my hands to remove the bones, put it back in with the mushrooms & stock then, pulled it with 2 forks. I left the skin in, I like it, but, you can leave it out! Put it into 7 boxes so, considering I ate some, 8 portions was bang on the nose! Which matched perfectly with the 7 boxes of baked mash potato.

Thanks to this forum I learnt about the cooking, cooling & reheating method of dealing with pasta & potato with minimal effect on BS. Tried it before & it works. I LOVED baked potatoes but, that made my BS soar & now, using this method, it doesn’t! But, the potato needs to be scooped out freshly hot otherwise the taste from the baked skins, when cooled down, is overwhelming, to me as a super taster!

Had a bath & my midnight Levemir. Going to bed!

Hope you all had a good day!🙂

Erm you’ll find you’re two boxes short, don’t worry you’re not going mad,
their keeping my fridge company

Yesterday
Tea
B: Raspberries with Greek yogurt, mushroom omelette, water.
Tea
L: 5 Ryvita crispbreads with Philadelphia cheese spread, raspberries, natural Greek yogurt.
Tea
T: Ikea meatballs and a few chips.
Iced coffee.

Monday 11/9
FBG (5.30am) 3.9
Breakfast 1 (5.30am): Porridge (made with almond milk),
nectarine, blackberries, walnuts {292 Cal / 35.1g Carbs}
……………………………….2 mile walk
……………………………….5 km on rowing machine
Breakfast (7am): Toast (one slice, seeded), mackerel / Tangerine {241 Cal / 17.9g Carbs}

Snack (11am): Banana {62 Cal / 14.2g Carbs}
………………………………...5 km row

Lunch (12pm): Beef & pearl barley broth {102 Cal / 11.4g Carbs}
Prawn & avocado salad {274 Cal / 5.5g Carbs}
Strawberries, raspberries, yoghurt, hazelnuts {123 Cal / 10.6g Carbs}

Dinner (6pm): Turkey meatballs, ragu, tagliatelle, Parmesan {518 Cal / 36.6g Carbs}
………………………………….2 mile walk

Unexpected guest
Goat cheese, crackers / St.Emilion (3x 4oz) {448 Cal / 18.2g Carbs}

4 cups of coffee too

Calories 2139
Carbs 161.4g
Protein 113.7g
Fat 75.7g (Sat Fat 17.4g / Trans fat 0.5g)

All food cooked from scratch, if you would like any recipes please just ask

Wednesday 12/9
FBG (5.30am) Not measured today
Breakfast (8am): Scrambled eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes,
toast (one slice, seeded) / Juice from one orange {289 Cal / 22.3g Carbs}

………………………………...5 mile walk

Lunch (12pm): Beef & pearl barley broth {109 Cal / 12.1g Carbs}
Ham & avocado salad, hummus {306 Cal / 12.4g Carbs}
Greengages, blackberries, yoghurt, almonds {140 Cal / 10.5g Carbs}

Dinner (6pm): Trout, sweet potato wedges, peas, corn {374 Cal / 30.4g Carbs}
Strawberries, raspberries, ice cream {146 Cal / 17.3g Carbs}
………………………………….2 mile walk

Snack (9pm): Toast (one slice, seeded), almond milk {119 Cal / 11.8g Carbs}

3 cups of coffee too

Calories 1549
Carbs 125.7g
Protein 95.4g
Fat 61.5g (Sat Fat 14.3g / Trans fat 0.6g)

B. My usual and coffee with cream.
L. Nowt.
S. Coffee with cream and 3 gingernuts.
D. 3 slices of roast chicken breast, frozen mash, broccoli and a Coke Zero
S. Some walnuts
Water throughout the day.

12/09/18 A very painful day for my neck!:(

00:02 6 units Levemir & went to bed.

12:00 BS 8.3. Midday alarm went off & I woke up propped half upright on my right side with my right arm very numb. Fell asleep reading on the opposite side to my injury! Sat up to take meds & the right side of my neck was KILLING me! 24 units Levemir & all other meds except metaformin: on empty stomach gives me the tummy runs! Very reluctantly did my exercises which were very painful but, got easier, & more comfortable, as I went along. Didn’t want to eat & felt VERY tired like I hadn’t slept at all so, 12:53 BS 8.6. Phew! Thought it would be higher! Went back to bed.

19:11 BS 7.6. That surprised me! Thought it would be higher! Levemir did its job of keeping my BS level! Sleep was restless as I felt the pain on the right of my neck. Tossed & turned as the injured left arm hurt & the right side of my neck hurt too: from one pain on one side to the other! Metaformin & 12 units Novorapid, exercises again, REALLY loosened me up this time, & Lunch:- 1 tempura cod fillet youngs, 1 bag steam veg birds eye sunshine mix, 5g butter kerrymaid & 150ml pure apple juice tesco growers harvest. 20:48 BS 11.7. A bit high: tested just before my bath when I usually test just after!

Had a hot bath: heavenly!

22:32 BS 9.2. 12 units Novorapid Dinner:- 1 serving chicken casserole, 1 serving baked mash potato & 150ml pure apple juice tesco growers harvest.

00:22 Forgot to take my midnight Levemir earlier! 6 units Levemir.

00:36 BS 9.2.

Going to be up for a while so, sleeping pattern will be affected the next few days as well but, my neck & arm finally feel comfortable!

I hope you all had a better day than me!🙂

13/09/18 Sleeping pattern is still off but, a much better day with no pain!

02:38 BS 5.9. Quite a drop again! I keep getting these drops every now & then. Is it delayed reaction of exercises? 6 units Novorapid Late Supper:- 1 slice veg roll hulls, 2 sausages, 100g baked beans heinz & cup of twinings everyday with alpro longlife almond milk. 04:36 BS 5.6. Too low! Correction snack of half an oatcake nairns.

12:00 BS 8.1. *24 units Levemir. 13:01 BS 9.6 went to bed.

17:09 BS 7.5. 16 units Novorapid, yesterday’s 12 wasn’t enough, exercises & Breakfast:- 1 serving lamb casserole & 150ml pure apple juice tesco growers harvest. 18:56 BS 10.4. Just before bath so, ok, ish!

20:31 BS 6.6. I’m getting these drops regularly now? 6 units Novorapid Lunch:- 2 slices of buttered toast with 100g baked beans (kingsmill no crusts 50/50 & 10g butter kerrymaid) & a cup twinings everyday with alpro longlife almond milk. 22:47 BS 7.5. Ah! I got the dose bang on the nose!🙂

Will post the rest tomorrow as I’ll still be up for a while!

I hope you all had a good day! Goodnight & sleep tight!🙂

Edited to correct Levemir dose!😳 *

Last edited:
@Lanny . Glad you had a much better day with no pain.

Brunch . A cheese and pickle wholemeal sarnie and a large coffee.
D . Roast beef, frozen mash a few peas and a Coke Zero
S. Some walnuts.

Brunch . A cheese and pickle wholemeal sarnie and a large coffee.
D . Roast beef, frozen mash a few peas and a Coke Zero
S. Some walnuts.

What? Shock emoji No usual toast with peanur butter? No bacon snacks? Who’s been a GOOD girl, then?:D

Yesterday
Tea
B: 2 toasted sunflower & pumpkin seed bread, 1/2 an avocado & 2 poached eggs, water.
Tea
L: Ham salad sourdough roll, berries.
Tea.
T: Bolognese on wholemeal pasta, red wine 🙂

Thursday 14/9
FBG (5.30am) 4.0
Breakfast 1 (5.30am): Porridge (made with almond milk),
peach, raspberries, pecans {297 Cal / 35.5g Carbs}
……………………………….2 mile walk
……………………………….7.5 km on rowing machine
Breakfast (7am): Poached duck egg, toast (one slice, seeded),
mushrooms, tomatoes / Juice from one orange {265 Cal / 22.5g Carbs}

Snack (11am): Banana {61 Cal / 13.8g Carbs}
………………………………...7.5 km row

Lunch (12pm): Sweet potato & chorizo soup {117 Cal / 14.4g Carbs}
Turkey & avocado salad, hummus {362 Cal / 9.7g Carbs}
Figs, Greek yoghurt [fat free, bought by mistake] {139 Cal / 15.0g Carbs}

Snack (4pm): Pear, walnuts {122 Cal / 10.1g Carbs}
…………………………………..2 mile walk

Dinner (6pm): Duck breast, celeriac mash, carrots, green beans, peas {528 Cal / 31.7g Carbs}
Spiced plums, yoghurt {67 Cal / 9.5g Carbs}

4 cups of coffee too

Calories 2038
Carbs 172.2g
Protein 126.1g
Fat 81.1g (Sat Fat 14.8g / Trans fat 0.7g)

14/09/18 Sleep back on track, more or less, & first foray walking back from town!🙂

05:02 BS 7.1. Tired & tried to sleep but, hungry so, 10 units Novorapid, for noodles Dinner:- 1 pack chicken instant noodles nissin, 3x1cm slices of luncheon meat & bottled water. More or less fell asleep straight after.

11:56 BS 9.7. Woke just before midday alarm. 18 units Novorapid 24 units Levemir & all other meds. Exercises & Breakfast:- 150ml pure apple juice tesco growers harvest, 1 bag steam veg birds eye sunshine mix & herb & cheese omelette.

Took taxi into town to pick up my prescription, bought my favourite soup from local shop & walked 3500 steps home. After doing Physio for a while now & my neuropathy has improved, I thought I’d give it a go & test where my energy levels are at. Not 100% there as I struggled a lot the last third of the way home but, I WAS carrying a kilo of soup, thank goodness I didn’t buy anything else, & my prescription items! My back got VERY stiff & my legs were just beginning to wobble a bit before I got home! Phew! Any longer & my legs will progress to the collapsing stage! Will maybe give it another week of Physio &, hopefully, more improvements before testing myself again? About 75% there with the energy levels today!

15:16 BS 6.3. 4 units Novorapid Lunch:- 1kg veg soup mckees. My favourite soup & thought I REALLY deserved it after walking home with it: tasted extra nice!🙂 17:09 BS 8.7.

19:07 BS 5.0. A drop after the walk! 10 units Novorapid, REALLY hungry Dinner:- 2 sausages cookstown, 1 slice veg roll hulls, 200g baked beans heinz, 2 slices buttered toast (kingsmill no crusts 50/50 & 15g butter kerrymaid), 150ml pure apple juice tesco growers harvest & 100g approx. 2 scoops of salted caramel ice cream carte dor. 21:04 BS 6.8. I’m shocked by that! MUST be the continued effects of my walk!😱:D😎

Very tired & off to bed!

A VERY goodnight everyone!🙂

Friday 14/9
FBG (5.30am) Not measured today
Exercise free day today, always tough but rest days are important

Breakfast (7am): Mackerel, toast (one slice, seeded) / Tangerine {239 Cal / 18.8g Carbs}

Lunch (12pm): Beef & pearl barley broth {119 Cal / 13.2g Carbs}
Prawn & avocado salad, hummus {324 Cal / 10.8g Carbs}
Kiwi, blueberries, yoghurt, hazelnuts {125 Cal / 10.0g Carbs}

Snack (4pm): Celeriac & apple soup {53 Cal / 10.4g Carbs}

BG (6pm) 4.2
Dinner (6pm): Breaded hake goujons, fries, baked beans {352 Cal / 33.6g Carbs}
Raspberries, blackcurrants, yoghurt, pecans {145 Cal / 10.7g Carbs}

Snack (9pm): Toast (one slice, seeded), almond milk {158 Cal / 16.2g Carbs}

4 cups of coffee too

Calories 1593
Carbs 134.3g
Protein 106.6g
Fat 57.1g (Sat Fat 8.7g / Trans fat 0.5g)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back