What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B. Was hungry again so 3 buttered slices of wholemeal toast and peanut butter and coffee with cream View attachment 9310
L. Sparkling water and an apple.
D. 1 sausage, 8 oven chips, fried egg and a Coke Zero.
S. A bag of wotsits.

You made up for the big breakfast by eating less the rest of the day, though!

My Yesterdays.
B-
2 slices Morrisons Protein wholemeal bread toasted from frozen with butter and peanut butter.

Oooh! That’s decadent! 😛 Butter AND peanut butter! 🙄

Breakfast - yogurt and blackberries
Lunch - 2 slices burgen toast marmite tomato and cheese
Dinner - chicken topped with home made tomato sauce and mozzarella served with courgette spaghetti
Snacks - 2 , 10cal jellies 30g Brazil nuts 1 small pink lady apple
BGL breakfast 4.7-4.9 Lunch 4.0-4.8 Dinner 4.0-4.1

27/06/18
05:51 BS 7.9. 6 units Novorapid Breakfast:- 75g smoked salmon tesco, 2 poached eggs, 2 slices buttered toast & 150ml of cranberry juice ocean spray. 08:05 BS 8.9. My sister only wanted 1 slice of smoked salmon with her eggs before she left the other day so, only 3 out of 4 slices left in the pack. I haven’t had cranberry juice in ages & it was tart to start with but, it’s a nice change to the pear juice I’ve been having.

Conked out shortly after breakfast! My back had been hurting intermittently since Sat. night & I needed more rest! I’ve learnt since my neuropathy diagnosis, March 2017, that a backache in my spine is a warning that I’m getting exhausted & if I don’t rest, the nerves in my legs will stop working & I won’t be able to move!

My sleep was interrupted by a phone call at 14:13 so, afterwards had 29 units Levemir & meds minus the metaformin as that’ll give me problems on an empty stomach, something else I’ve learnt!

21:30 BS 7.9. Woke up 6 units Novorapid, sleep/wake, metaformin Lunch:- 1 baked haddock fillet, 2 boxes 200g microchips mccains & 150ml cranberry juice ocean spray. 23:35 BS 10.3.

Slowed cooked chicken casserole before eating lunch but, only realised at 23:15 that silly numpty, that I am, turned on the slow cooker but, didn’t switch the plug in the socket on! Now that I think about it, there have been a fair few numpty moments lately! 🙄 Turned it on to high. Good thing it doesn’t take as long to tenderise chicken as it does for red meat!

28/06/18
01:36 BS 9.9. 4 units Novorapid Dinner:- 1 serving chicken casserole & bottled water. 02:44 BS 8.6.

Slept around 03:00, I think! Was already feeling tired after dinner so, tested a wee bit early!

06:19 BS 6.8 woke up.

I’ll post the rest of today later!

PS: speaking of numpty moments I wrote this out as usual on notes on iPad, copied ready to paste on here & forgot to do it after replying to posts on this thread at 07:14! I only realised I hadn’t posted now & have!

HOW NUMPTY is that? :D 🙄 :confused: 😱

Oohh! Just realised something! The meal labels are completely wrong considering the times I eat at! They should really be meal numbers: 1st. meal of the day etc. Just reading the BS numbers in the before & after meal slots in monitor diaries & filling them in doesn’t tell the whole story, in the first instance, & confusing for me, in the second instance, if I leave it for days like I’ve been doing lately! But, posting on here helps as I have a record of what reading goes in which slot when filling in the diary before my fortnightly phone-in to my DSN!

28/06/18
06:19 BS 6.8 woke up.

07:44 BS 8.5. Lost track of time posting etc. 6 units Novorapid Breakfast:- half an oatcake! Not hungry & to stop the rise! 10:11 BS 6.8.

11:12 BS 6.4. 6 units Novorapid, +2 for pies, 29 units Levemir & all other meds Lunch:- 1x150g steak & kidney pie frozen asda, 1x150g chicken & veg pie frozen asda, 100ml pressed peach juice granini watered down with 50ml bottled water. 13:03 BS 7.3.

Felt tired again after eating & just about lasted to test before getting some sleep! Tested a wee bit early but, had been struggling to stay awake. Then, once the pressure was off, after testing took me ages to drop off: goodness knows when! Despite my yawns getting bigger & bigger! A yawning my head off emoji!

22:40 BS 7.8. Woke up 6 units Novorapid, sleep/wake Dinner:- 1 serving chicken casserole, 1 box 100g microchips mccains & watered down pressed peach juice granini.

29/06/18

00:35 BS 10.3. just after bath. Will try at get some rest, if not sleep!

B. 2 slices of wholemeal toast with peanut butter and a large coffee, sadly all out of cream.
L. an apple and sparkling water.
D. Cheese and beetroot sarnie , Coffee
S. An apple .
Water throughout the day

Thursday 27/6
FBG (5.30am) Not measured today
Away for a few days, so quantities will be estimated
Exercise also limited due to the heat

Snack (6am): Banana {61 Cal / 13.8g Carbs}
……………………...5 mile walk in the cool of the early morning
Breakfast (8am): Porridge, made with almond milk,
pear, blackberries {251 Cal / 37.4g Carbs}

Lunch (12pm): Prawns, salad, bread & butter, fries {388 Cal / 42.5g Carbs}
Mini Magnum ice cream {150 Cal / 14.0g Carbs}

Snack (4pm): Apricots {38 Cal / 7.3g Carbs}

BG (6pm) 4.3
Dinner (6pm): Salmon, sweet potatoes, salad {429 Cal / 21.8g Carbs}
Cherries, ice cream {255 Cal / 25.7g Carbs}

Snack (9pm): Toasted walnut bread, milk {145 Cal / 20.2g Carbs}

4 cups of coffee too

Calories 1826
Carbs 197.7g
Protein 83.3g
Fat 69.2g (Sat Fat 21.8g / Trans fat 0.6g)

All food cooked from scratch, if you would like any recipes please just ask

My Yesterdays.
B-
2 slices Morrisons Protein wholemeal bread toasted from frozen with butter and almond butter for a change.
Mid Morning –
Nowt
L-
Smoked salmon with a little horseradish, a few garlic stuffed OLIVES, Piccolo toms and mashed AVODACO with tuna, onion, Lea and Perrins and dash of lemon .
Bar 85% MR.
Mid Afternoon –
Nowt
D – 2 beef medallion steaks with blue cheese melts, Brussel pate and steamed asparagus and mashed AVOCADO with onion and lemon.
Blackberry clafoutis and double cream
Mid Evening –
Choc and peanut cup.
About 1.5 ltr of coffee.
1.0 ltr ALDI barley no added sugar cordial
0.5 ltr Alpro
2 Double espressos.
End for today.

Breakfast - Smoked salmon and scrambled eggs

Lunch - fresh mackerel with salad

Dinner - lettuce dogs with fried onion and mozzarella

Snacks - 2 apples - 45g Brazil nuts - 4 G&B dark chocolate and orange balls

BGL breakfast 4.9-5.3 Lunch 4.8-3.7 Dinner 4.2-4.2

Breakfast - Smoked salmon and scrambled eggs

That’s a GREAT breakfast: smoked salmon & eggs! But, expensive for the salmon to have everyday! There was a time there when I did have it everyday because tesco had a sale of 100g packs for £1 each. I ordered 10 packs & froze them! It’s filling, not much impact on BS & tasty!

29/06/18
03:54 BS 5.7. Didn’t sleep! Never been this low before at this time, having slept or not, & don’t quite dare to prebolus so, cooked breakfast first! Also, wasn’t sure to go with the usual dose or lower it! Decided to go with usual & keep a close eye as I haven’t been asleep!

04:20 6 units Novorapid Breakfast:- 2 baked sausages cookstown, 2 poached eggs, 100g baked beans heinz & 150ml cranberry juice ocean spray, 05:56 BS 8.0. 06:28 BS 7.6. Ahh! It seems that I peak sooner than the 2 hour after mark as 1.5 hours after reading is higher!

11:48 BS 8.6. It’s happening consistently now, there’s a slight rise in BS between breakfast & lunch! 4 units Novorapid 29 units Levemir & all other meds Lunch:- 1 baked salmon fillet 130g tesco, 1 bag steam veg tesco greens & corn, 5 g pure butter dromona & bottled water.

Slept soon after: already yawning before I’d finished cooking & knew once the food hits me; I’ll crash!

20:51 BS 7.0. Woke up but, not yet hungry & stayed in bed! I find that as I long as I don’t get out of bed there’s not much, if any, rise!

22:03 BS 7.8. 6 units Novorapid, sleep/wake, Dinner:- 1 serving chicken casserole, 1 box 100g microchips & watered down peach juice granini. 00:08 BS 10.6.

Thinking about that rise between breakfast & lunch, my breakfasts have changed a LOT since I first started eating it in March 2016. I started posting on this thread in April 2018 & I’ve gone from eating 2 or 4 slices of toast with tea to eating more protein & fats which I’ve found doesn’t drop BS much, if at all, after the 2 hour mark. There’s quite a big gap of 5/6 hours after breakfast before lunch & those two together maybe why I get that little rise? Will have to put that forward to the DSN on my next phone-in! Umm! 🙄

My Yesterdays.
B-
2 slices Morrisons Protein wholemeal bread toasted from frozen with butter and almond butter.
Mid Morning –
Nowt
L-
Smoked salmon with omelette, asparagus, cream cheese and Piccolo toms.
Raspberries with extra thick double cream.
Mid Afternoon –
Nowt
D –
Gammon steak with Dijon and Portobello mushroom stuffed with chorizo and cheddar cheese..
Blackberry clafoutis and extra thick double cream
Mid Evening –
Nowt
Choc and peanut cup.
About 1.0 ltr of coffee.
1.0 ltr ALDI barley no added sugar cordial
0.5 ltr Alpro
2 Double espressos.
End for today.

7am: 2 mugs of tea with semi skimmed milk.
11am Breakfast: Fage Greek yoghurt, blueberries and raspberries
Lunch: Courgette and cheese soup
7pm Dinner: Falafel, Greek salad and tzatziki (I know how to make but not sure how to spell it!)

B. 2 slices of wholemeal toast and peanut butter and a large coffee
with cream, it was luscious
L . 4 Ryvita’s with Brussels pate, 5 large strawberries and some sparkling water .
D. A cheese and beetroot sarnie, an apple and a Coke Zero.
S. An apple
S. A bag of Wotsits
Note to self, must do better.

B. 2 slices of wholemeal toast and peanut butter and a large coffee
with cream, it was luscious
L . 4 Ryvita’s with Brussels pate, 5 large strawberries and some sparkling water .
D. A cheese and beetroot sarnie, an apple and a Coke Zero.
S. An apple
S. A bag of Wotsits
Note to self, must do better.

Ooh! 😛 We’re putting our new learned skills to use, I see! :D🙄, with a whistle!

Well done! 😎

30/06/18 Didn’t sleep after dinner!
04:29 BS 10.4. Only 0.2 drop in over 4 hours. Went for a walk of just over 4000 steps.

05:26 BS 8.7. After walk. 6 units Novorapid Breakfast:- not hungry half an oatcake. 10:36 BS 5.8. Forgot to test at the 2 hour mark so, was unduly worried as this is at the 3 hour mark & insulin is tailing off & will only be active for another hour!

11:20 BS 6.8. The same slight rise. 4 units Novorapid 29 units Levemir & all other meds Lunch:- 2 beef grills birds eye, 1 bag steam veg birds eye sunshine mix & bottled water. 14:13 BS 6.6.

Slept after lunch, around 16:30, the last time I looked at the clock!

Woke near midnight & by the time I cooked & ate, it’s technically the next day so, will post that tomorrow.

Ate a big breakfast! 😛

B. My usual , and cream was involved :D.
Late dinner. 4 Ryvita’s with Brussels pate, 5 strawberries and coffee .
S. An apple
Another Snack , A pack of wotsits some walnuts and a coffee with cream.

Incidentally, I’ve been meaning to ask! What kind of penut butter do you use! I use no sugar PB Sun Pat! I’d previously tried Meridian 100% PB & HATED IT as bland & oily! I never eat more than 1tbsp of it though, more is sickening, & I prefer the taste of the no sugar to the normal one: it’s tastier & the sugar one is more bland!

Incidentally, I’ve been meaning to ask! What kind of penut butter do you use! I use no sugar PB Sun Pat! I’d previously tried Meridian 100% PB & HATED IT as bland & oily! I never eat more than 1tbsp of it though, more is sickening, & I prefer the taste of the no sugar to the normal one: it’s tastier & the sugar one is more bland!

Snap 🙂 I too find it tastier than the sweet one. For a time I did buy Meridian I do like it but eventually found it was too runny.
I think having Diabetes has educated my taste buds.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back