What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh! Have you decided to follow @Ljc 's numerous example's & try peanut butter on toast, @Vince_UK ?

Now, I haven't tried that combo, myself but, peanut butter has certainly been very useful at bedtime! Although the jar is still on my bedside table, I haven't had any need of it in a while!
Seems a fairly decent alternative to marmalade 🙂

Breakfast - yogurt and blackberries
Lunch - leftovers cauliflower ziti salad
Dinner - subway chicken tikka salad bowl
Snacks - 25g Brazil nuts 1 apple 2 squares G&B mint chocolate
BGL breakfast 5.8-5.1 Lunch 4.1-4.1 Dinner 4.0-4.5

B. 2 slices of wholemeal bread with peanut butter,(it’s purely purely medicinal 🙄:D) @nd a large coffee with cream
L. Coke Zero
D. Cos lettuce, beetroot, king prawns, celery raisin and walnut coleslaw, seafood dressing and a Coke Zero.
Bedtime snack , half a slice of bread and.... I bet you can’t guess lol.
Water throughout the day.

B. 2 slices of wholemeal bread with peanut butter,(it’s purely purely medicinal 🙄:D) @nd a large coffee with cream
L. Coke Zero
D. Cos lettuce, beetroot, king prawns, celery raisin and walnut coleslaw, seafood dressing and a Coke Zero.
:D

L. Coke Zero

Feeling more together now, with coffee? :D

26/06/18 A very odd day today in terms of BS which I’ll put down to experience! 🙄
01:25 woke up after turning in early yesterday evening after dinner! Couldn’t get back to sleep & was getting hungry so:-

03:35 BS 6.3. 5 units Novorapid Breakfast:- 1 serving beef casserole & bottled water. 05:04 BS 7.4.

In the past when getting up from sleeping to eat at this time, 02:00 to 04:00, my BS drops further than expected & I remember 2 hypos that caught me completely by surprise around the 2 hour after mark! So, dithered with the choice of 4 units, dinner dose, or 6 units, breakfast dose! Split the difference & went for 5 units.

I thought ah ha! 6 would have been too much! But, not so simple!

06:01 BS 8.2. 07:42 BS 9.8. Definitely the usual morning rise kicking in! 4 units of Novorapid & half an oatcake to stop further rise. BUT, didn’t work!

10:32 BS 11.2. OK, higher than I’d like but, insulin is still active & see?

11:32 BS 11.2. Getting worried but, about lunchtime & no active insulin left. 6 units Novorapid, +2, 29 units Levemir & all other meds Lunch:- 100g smoked salmon tesco (20g difference between tesco & asda), 2 poached eggs, 2 cups twinings everyday & 50ml of longlife semi skimmed milk (last of the carton & can go back to almond milk, which I miss). 13:24 BS 11.2. Still a little high but, expecting it to drop; didn’t happen! 14:08 BS 11.2. Crikey! Washed hands properly & 14.10 BS 10.8 not much better, the same really with meter tolerances.

Didn’t have time to worry about it as I had to leave to make my appointment for diabetic eye screening at my health centre & I definitely felt fine & in no immediate danger of going hypo!

Walked 4000 steps for app. No need for drops, I never do, & was in & out fast! Sweated buckets in the humidity & took taxi back!

15:04 BS 8.8. Ahh! Relief; coming down at last! Posted & caught up here & conked out for a few hours, don’t know when!

19:46 BS 6.2. Woke up. Stayed in bed, posted some more & caught up here again. Started to get hungry.

20:44 BS 6.3. 4 units Novorapid Dinner: 1 serving beef casserole, 1 box microchips mccains & 150ml pressed pear juice. Last serving left: why; 2 servings for my sister & I after cooking; 1 serving given to my BIL this morning when he picked her up; 1 serving given to my brother who was to come yesterday but, came this morning because of watching the world cup; 1 in the early hours & now for dinner & it’s all gone!

22:57 BS 10.8. Just before bath before bed!
23:39 BS 8.7. Just out of the bath! A bath always temp. lowers my BS.

Going to bed soon!

Ohhh, you silly numpty, Lanny! Just realised that I had mainly protein & fat for lunch & as I just newly learnt, with the helpful posts on my thread “When is an after meal reading too low?” The slower release of protein & fat balances out the tail end of active insulin so, there’s not much of a drop after 2 hours, if any at all! I could have saved my fingers a bit there at lunchtime! 🙄 Newly acquired knowledge not quite sunk in yet! Umm, is there a numpty emoji? :D

My sister’s stay & talking about the sister that’s passed has made a big difference & I fully engage in my greeting to you all, a goodnight & wish you all a good next morning too! 🙂 I might change my signature back because it’s becoming less of a fake smile now! 🙂

Edited to add:- Crumbs, a case of @Vince_UK 's signature flooding in! Corrected a lot of typos! So, less head scratching for those trying to read my post the next day! :D

Last edited:
B. Was hungry so had three slices of wholemeal toast and peanut butter and a large coffee.
L. Sparkling water.
D , chicken breast, Cos lettuce, beetroot, celery, raisin and walnut salad, salad creamand and a Coke Zero. No bolus so I enjoyed dinner even more 🙂 Was 5.7 pre meal and 6.7 two hours later 🙂🙂
S. A bag of Wotsits

My Yesterdays.
B-
3 rashers beechwood smoked bacon, 3 ALDI Pork sausages, 2 fried free range and some butter sautéed mushroom.
Mid Morning –
Nowt
L-
Prawns and Avocado mayo and Piccolo toms.
Buttered cheese scone with Gorgonzola.
Mid Afternoon –
Nowt
D –
2 Grilled Lamb steaks with a little mint sauce, 2 Portobello mushroom stuffed with cheddar cheese and chorizo, steamed sprouts.
Strawberries and double cream.
Mid Evening –
Nowt
About 1.5 ltr of coffee.
1.0 ltr STUR berry no added sugar cordial
0.0 ltr Alpro
1 Double espressos.
End for today.

Tuesday 26/6
FBG (5.30am) Not measured today
Away for a few days, so after breakfast quantities will be estimated
Exercise also limited due to the heat

Snack (5am): Banana {59 Cal / 13.4g Carbs}
……………………...5 mile walk
Breakfast (7am): Porridge (made with almond milk),
plum, strawberries, walnuts {300 Cal / 36.8g Carbs}

Snack (10am): Cherry & almond muffin {239 Cal / 34.0g Carbs}

Lunch (12pm): Tomato & basil soup soup {84 Cal / 13.2g Carbs}
Ham sandwich {221 Cal / 11.4g Carbs}
Peach, raspberries, yoghurt {79 Cal / 9.3g Carbs}

Snack (4pm): Pistachio ice cream {124 Cal / 13.7g Carbs}

Dinner (6pm): Hake, chorizo & white bean stew, green beans {401 Cal / 23.8g Carbs}
Picpoul de Pinet (5oz) {119 Cal / 3.0g Carbs}
Strawberries, blackcurrants, yoghurt {74 Cal / 8.2g Carbs}

Snack (9pm): Crystallised orange peel dipped in chocolate {50 Cal / 3.8g Carbs}

4 cups of coffee too

Calories 1655
Carbs 170.6g
Protein 72.2g
Fat 55.9g (Sat Fat 17.2g / Trans fat 0.7g)

All food cooked from scratch, if you would like any recipes please just ask

My Yesterdays.
B-
3 rashers beechwood smoked bacon, 3 ALDI Pork sausages, 2 fried free range and some butter sautéed mushroom.
Mid Morning –
Nowt
L-
Prawns and Avocado mayo and Piccolo toms.
Buttered cheese scone with Gorgonzola.
Mid Afternoon –
Nowt
D –
2 Grilled Lamb steaks with a little mint sauce, 2 Portobello mushroom stuffed with cheddar cheese and chorizo, steamed sprouts.
Strawberries and double cream.
Mid Evening –
Nowt
About 1.5 ltr of coffee.
1.0 ltr STUR berry no added sugar cordial
0.0 ltr Alpro
1 Double espressos.
End for today.

Ooh! Yum for breakfast, urgh for lunch & heading for yum for dinner until the sprouts! :D

Breakfast - yogurt and blackberries
Lunch - 2 slices burgen toast mackerel and tomato
Dinner - smoked Basa salad and asparagus
Snack - 2 10 cal jelly’s( not at the same time) 30g Brazil nuts
BGL breakfast 5.2-5.3 Lunch 4.8-4.3 Dinner 4.3-4.2

Ooh! Yum for breakfast, urgh for lunch & heading for yum for dinner until the sprouts! :D
My Chinese friends in Shanghai quite like avocado and also sprouts can you believe. Then again they will usually eat anything especially if FREE.
They both cost an arm and a leg there.:D

Yesterday, being fairly typical was...
1 Weetabix with semi skimmed milk and coffee ( sugar free whitener )
Lunch. Roast beef salad sandwich, one nectarine, and one babybel cheese.
Dinner, very thin spinach based vegetarian pizza (10" and only two small slices of ) fresh crispy salad leaves, tomato, onion, beetroot and celery
Sugar free jelly with grapes and reduced sugar dream topping.
Peckish later so had a small packet of skinny popcorn.

B. Was hungry again so 3 buttered slices of wholemeal toast and peanut butter and coffee with cream 9CDF5276-E49C-4650-9939-6037AC747F24.gif
L. Sparkling water and an apple.
D. 1 sausage, 8 oven chips, fried egg and a Coke Zero.
S. A bag of wotsits.

My Yesterdays.
B-
2 slices Morrisons Protein wholemeal bread toasted from frozen with butter and peanut butter.
Mid Morning –
Nowt
L-
Slow cooked shredded ham, Gorgonzola cheese, a few silverskin onions, a few garlic stuffed OLIVES, Piccolo toms and a selection of salami.
Bar 85% MR.
Mid Afternoon –
Nowt
D – Smoked Haddock with steamed broccoli, cauliflower and asparagus
Blackberries and double cream
Mid Evening –
Choc and peanut cup.
About 1.5 ltr of coffee.
1.0 ltr ALDI berry no added sugar cordial
0.5 ltr Alpro
2 Double espressos.
End for today.

Tuesday 27/6
FBG (5.30am) 4.3
Away for a few days, so after breakfast quantities will be estimated
Exercise also limited due to the heat

Snack (6am): Apricots {38 Cal / 7.3g Carbs}
……………………...5 mile walk in the cool of the early morning
Breakfast (7am): Eggs, walnut bread, mushrooms, tomatoes / OJ {325 Cal / 27.1g Carbs}

Snack (9am): Banana {62 Cal / 14.2g Carbs}
Lunch (12pm): Fish & chips [at the seaside, ate only part of the batter,
half a portion of chips] {345 Cal / 29.5g Carbs}
Mango ice cream {135 Cal / 14.9g Carbs}

Snack (4pm): Watermelon {50 Cal / 10.7g Carbs}

Dinner (6pm): Roast chicken. new potatoes, salad {419 Cal / 28.7g Carbs}
Peach, raspberries, yoghurt {79 Cal / 9.2g Carbs}

Snack (9pm): Toasted fruit loaf, milk {166 Cal / 23.3g Carbs}

4 cups of coffee too

Calories 1721
Carbs 177.0g
Protein 108.0g
Fat 56.1g (Sat Fat 17.4g / Trans fat 1.2g)

All food cooked from scratch, if you would like any recipes please just ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back