What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I misread that as Crab Thursday.😱
I've done that so many times Mark...I think I got it right...not sure if I edited it...it does make me laugh out loud when I have...anyway crabs would be fine...aren't they carb free...it what goes with it that's the problem😱

Must get the poor dog out for a walk...the hotter it gets slower he goes...not carrying him home...he weighs a ton (almost).

Hugs @Lanny . Hope you have some good time with your sister.

Up at London this weekend, had some fairly decent food too.

Saturday
B: Oats So Simple Porridge Bar
L: Mozzarella, tomato and pesto flatbread, salad, latte. The place we went into for lunch had sugar free tray bakes on the counter, Nutella-type-flavour one, and a peanut butter one. I bought them to try and they were lovely. Only a marginal spike as well when I had them, about 1.5 up. I'm going there again.
D: Bunless Chicken Pesto burger at Gourmet Burger Kitchen.

Sunday
B: Hotel buffet breakfast - small bowl of muesli, lots of bacon, egg, and mushrooms.
L: Pasty. Caved, but there isn't much selection at Paddington station.
D: Two pieces of Low Carb Hovis Wholemeal toast and butter. Loads of walking over both days, did about 26,000 steps over the two days.

Monday and Tuesday have been fairly normal in food. Have bought food to experiment with a meatball bake later on in the week, so hopefully it'll go well.

Wednesday 6/6
FBG (5.30am) Not measured today
Breakfast 1 (5.30am): Porridge (made with almond milk),
pear, blackberries, walnuts {293 Cal / 36.4g Carbs}
.......................................2 mile walk
………………………...5 km on rowing machine
Breakfast 2 (8am): Scrambled egg, smoked salmon, tomatoes,
toast (one slice, walnut bread) / Juice from one orange {294 Cal / 20.4g Carbs}

………………………….5 km row
Lunch (12pm): Roast chicken, sweet potato wedges, carrots, turnip,
sweetcorn, peas {328 Cal / 24.3g Carbs}
peach, raspberries, yoghurt, almonds {134 Cal / 10.8g Carbs}

Snack (2pm): Mini Magnum, double caramel {206 Cal / 19.2g Carbs}
………………………….3 mile walk

BG (6pm) 3.5
Very hungry and 30 mins until dinner

Snack (6pm) Toast (one slice white, straight from the oven) {99 Cal / 11.0g Carbs}

Dinner (6.30pm): Spanish fish stew, pangrattato / White Rioja (5oz) {491 Cal / 38.1g Carbs}
Malaga ice cream {143 Cal / 21.0g Carbs}

4 cups of coffee too

Calories 2042
Carbs 187.9g
Protein 111.9g
Fat 69.2g (Sat Fat 23.2g / Trans fat 0.6g)

All food cooked from scratch, if you would like any recipes please just ask

Very quick post before I go to bed!

Saw my sister & even though I tried to prepare myself, was a big shock! But, managed to keep the tears at bay until afterwards when I left! Flight over was smooth but, an hour delay on the way back!

Not, posting food, carbs all day & BS was running high all day, in the 12’s. This journey BS a bit higher was so much less worrying! In 2015 rushing to my mum’s deathbed, I started with my lowest ever hypo of 2.3 before I left the house. Kept lowering insulin all day & on the flight to HK & was still low all day! Lost count of how many times I tested on that nightmare flight to HK on my own! Siblings were travelling separately from all over the UK. AND there were still a few times when I dipped too low, despite ending up on 0.25 of my usual Novorapid doses & had to have orange juice!

Shattered now & will catch up tomorrow!

Goodnight all!

Yesterday
Tea
B: Avocado & poached eggs on 2 sunflower & pumpkin seed bread toasted, milky coffee.
Tea
L: Country veg soup and some pork scratchings, berries & a mullerlight yogurt.
Tea
T: Chicken & prawn saag masala curry with basmati rice, 2 glasses of red wine.
Sugar free jelly.

Very quick post before I go to bed!

Saw my sister & even though I tried to prepare myself, was a big shock! But, managed to keep the tears at bay until afterwards when I left! Flight over was smooth but, an hour delay on the way back!

Not, posting food, carbs all day & BS was running high all day, in the 12’s. This journey BS a bit higher was so much less worrying! In 2015 rushing to my mum’s deathbed, I started with my lowest ever hypo of 2.3 before I left the house. Kept lowering insulin all day & on the flight to HK & was still low all day! Lost count of how many times I tested on that nightmare flight to HK on my own! Siblings were travelling separately from all over the UK. AND there were still a few times when I dipped too low, despite ending up on 0.25 of my usual Novorapid doses & had to have orange juice!

Shattered now & will catch up tomorrow!

Goodnight all!
Very difficult time @Lanny I know how hard it is. No matter how you think you have prepared yourself emotionally when you meet someone you love and care for at that point the reality hits home. Stay strong and hugs from me.

My Yesterdays.
B-
AVOCADO a little mayo, prawns, Piccolo toms and 2 very small buttered home baked low carb rolls
Mid Morning –
Nowt
L-
Low carb cheese scone with ham, Stilton and Piccolo toms
Bar MR 85%.
The cheese version of the low carb scones doesn’t dry out and they stay nice and moist.
Mid Afternoon –
Nowt
D –
Rump steak with a blue cheese melt I discovered in ALDI, Ardennes pate, AVOCADO “ala” @Benny G which is delicious and goes very nicely with a steak.
Piccolo toms.
Strawberries and double cream.
Mid Evening –
2 small low carb rolls buttered with Stilton.
Bar of MR Milk I bought in error 13gr carbs.
About 2 litres of coffee.
About 0.5 litre of water .
Approx 1ltr Alpro unsweetened, maybe more.
2 Double espresso.
End for today.

Breakfast - Yogurt and blackberries chopped nuts... Lunch - mixed green veg rice cauliflower spring onion and spiced pork...Dinner - sausage and tomato bake green beans courgette and aubergine 28g of gnocchi...snacks - 2 squares G&B almond chocolate half a bag pork crackles...BGL Breakfast 4.6-5.6 Lunch 4.8-4.0 Dinner 4.2-5.1

Breakfast - Yogurt and blackberries chopped nuts... Lunch - mixed green veg rice cauliflower spring onion and spiced pork...Dinner - sausage and tomato bake green beans courgette and aubergine 28g of gnocchi...snacks - 2 squares G&B almond chocolate half a bag pork crackles...BGL Breakfast 4.6-5.6 Lunch 4.8-4.0 Dinner 4.2-5.1
Your Levels @Spireite72 are simply brilliant. Absolutely well done.

Yesterday:

B- Greek yoghurt
L- cheese and ham omelette with coleslaw
S- 2x cocktail sausages
D- bolognese with 2x slices wholemeal bread, weight watchers yoghurt & hot chocolate. Red wine.

B. 2 slices of wholemeal bread and peanut butter and coffee.
L. Sparkling water.
D. Some yummy Haggis, new potatoes annnd ..........
broccoli and a Coke Zero
During the night I woke to a beautiful not 2.2 which took a hell of a lot to sort.
3 cans of 150 mls of full fat Coke, 4 glucose tabs , 2 slices of bread n butter and a macaroon.
Woke to 6.9 with no high peaks in the Libre graph, no hypo hangover either 🙂

That’s fantastic. Well done .

@Lanny, This is a very difficult time for you and your family , my heart goes out to you.

Today
B - jumbo oats, almond milk, raspberries, knob of butter and a coffee
coffee
S - boiled egg
D - wholemeal wiejska and Dijon mustard sandwich, Jacobs baked cheddar and a salted caramel protein bar
coffee
T - 3 egg, 2 large flat mushroom and ham omelette, steamed green beans, charlotte potatoes and a bar MR 85%
coffee
S - babybel
3 pints water throughout the day xx

Thursday 7/6
FBG (5.30am) 3.7
Breakfast 1 (5.30am): Porridge (made with almond milk),
apricot, blackberries, pecans {294 Cal / 35.9g Carbs}
.......................................2 mile walk
………………………...5 km on rowing machine
Breakfast 2 (8am): Mackerel, hummus, toast (one slice, seeded) /
Juice from one orange {294 Cal / 20.4g Carbs}

Snack (11am): Banana {67 Cal / 15.2g Carbs}
………………………….5 km row

Lunch (12pm): Vitamin A soup [main leftover veg this week were squash, sweet potato,
carrots & peppers - a very orange concoction indeed]
{90 Cal / 15.6g Carbs}
Chicken & avocado salad, hummus {330 Cal / 12.9g Carbs}
Peach, blackcurrants, yoghurt, hazelnuts {125 Cal / 10.5g Carbs}

Snack (2pm): Toast (one slice, white), peanut butter {160 Cal / 15.2g Carbs}
………………………….3 mile walk

Dinner (6.30pm): Curry goat, Jamaican rice & peas {460 Cal / 35.8g Carbs}
Strawberries, raspberries, yoghurt, pistachios {122 Cal / 12.4g Carbs}

4 cups of coffee too

Calories 1992
Carbs 181.0g
Protein 128.9g
Fat 70.8g (Sat Fat 17.5g / Trans fat 0.5g)

All food cooked from scratch, if you would like any recipes please just ask

07/06/18 A bit patchy in terms of testing & been a bad girl food wise!
12:13 woke up BS 9.1. Posted on waking thread & was affected by what I posted. Cried & pulled myself together.
13:13 BS 9.0. 6 units Novorapid 29 units Levemir & all other meds! Breakfast:- 2 ham, cheese & mustard sandwiches & 150ml pressed pear juice granini. 15:26 BS 14.1.

Walked 7000 steps to pick up prescription, ready yesterday but, couldn't pick up, & got fish & chips at my awarding winning chippie! Got home around 18:30 before diving straight in & forgot to test! Lunch:- 12 units Novorapid chip shop fish & chips!

Flashing warning ***** DO NOT follow my example:- 330ml bottle of full sugar coke! There was a moment of surprise from the server when I asked for this! It's a small town & we tend to know everybody & the server & I went to school together! I hadn't been going that much these days & the last time I went, 1.5 to 2 months ago, we had a chat about my recent hospital stay & problems after. She knows I'm a diabetic & has never taken full sugar coke before! I would be quite happy to explain if she asked but, it was busy & she didn't! I have my own reasons for not eating or drinking food & drink with sweeteners in it! I tried to cover the extra sugar by guessing my dose & don't know if it's correct due to the fat of the fish & chips! But, had an idea thanks to @trophywench 's advice on a thread I read about how to cover things like this! But, to be fair, I'm sure she never thought it would be used to try & cover full sugar coke: how to cover the sugar & fat in takeaway curry Chinese or Indian!

21:35 BS 9.6. Will monitor for a few more hours & have an idea on how much insulin to add & when, as referred to above!

I thought I was hit hard with the emotional shock yesterday but, it's still hitting me with no distractions of travel today! I'm not doing what I KNOW I shouldn't completely blind but, all theories are exactly that until you try it out! If it's a mistake & my BS goes crazy in the morning; I'll know this doesn't work for me!

Today:

B- Greek yoghurt
L- omelette with cheese and ham, side coleslaw
S- small amount of chocolate and a couple of cocktail sausages.
D- 1/2 burger (no bun) with some halloumi and salad. Belvita bar.

Throughout the day squash, tea and coffee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back