What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
02/06/18
If you didn’t read the waking thread, I woke up to a pounding headache & high BS. I think I went low in the night & my liver dumped glucose till I woke up! Will need to lower dinner dose of Novorapid.

09:39 BS 12.4. 8 units Novorapid.
10:20 Breakfast:- 2 poached eggs, 2 slices veg roll hulls, 100g baked beans & bottled water!

Which veg roll do I prefer? Local butchers with a lot more fat, released during baking in the oven, or hulls from supermarket deliveries that are very salty! I prefer the butchers but have to make the 7000 steps, round trip, for as he doesn’t deliver! The hulls is 137cals/slice while the butchers is 98cals/slice, less salty with a sweeter flavour! I’ll just have to stock up on it when I’m in the town & freeze!

12:01 BS 9.1. 29 units Levemir & all other meds.

13:46 BS 9.9. 4 units Novorapid Lunch:- 1 78% meat beef burger hulls, 3 potato waffles, 100g baked beans & bottle water. I cooked 2 burgers but, couldn’t eat the 2nd. so, back in ghe fridge it went! The 3 potato waffles were a bit excessive 😳 but, I WANTED it:comfort food! 17:06 BS 9.5.

REALLY tired & still have a very slight headache! Can’t stay awake for much longer! If I wake later tonight around midnight & eat dinner, that’ll be in tomorrow’s post!

I bid you all a VERY early goodnight! I’ve had the headache & felt tired the whole day! I’m a REALLY slow typer & it took me this long to type this entry in notes, on iPad, before pasting it on here sraight after testing: over 40 minutes!

Today
Tea
B: out - 1 sausage, 1 bacon, 2 eggs, black pudding, beans, tinned tomato, 1 granary toast & tea
Tea x 2
no lunch but I did have some Lidl Deluxe dark chocolate covered sour cherries :D - yummy
Coffee
BBQ with the family - salad, coleslaw, beetroot salad, burger in brioche bun, sausage, 2 x G&T, 2 x red wine :D

Saturday 2/6
FBG (5.30am) Not measured today
Snack (5.30am): Banana {57 Cal / 13.0g Carbs}
.......................................4 mile walk
Breakfast (8am): Toasted walnut bread, tomatoes, smoked salmon,
scrambled eggs / Juice from one orange {292 Cal / 17.7g Carbs}

Lunch (12pm): Beef & barley broth {134 Cal / 13.6g Carbs}
Prawn & avocado salad, hummus {268 Cal / 9.5g Carbs}
Strawberries, blackcurrants, yoghurt, macadamias {139 Cal / 11.0g Carbs}

Snack (3pm): Pear, walnuts {108 Cal / 12.3g Carbs}
………………………….3 mile walk

Dinner (6pm): Lamb fillet, pomme dauphinoise, roast squash,
cauliflower, green beans / Malbec (6oz) {634 Cal / 35.7g Carbs}
Cherry & chocolate sundae {203 Cal / 17.3g Carbs}

4 cups of coffee too

Calories 1891
Carbs 136.3g
Protein 107.6g
Fat 76.7g (Sat Fat 23.3g / Trans fat 0.9g)

All food cooked from scratch, if you would like any recipes please just ask

21:49 BS 8.1. Couldn’t sleep, my headache got worse & getting hungry! So, got up, tested & ate. Dinner:- 3 units Novorapid 1 serving of my veg soup & the other beef burger!

Haven’t checked my blood pressure in a while, I take meds for high blood pressure, it’s a little high but, still normal, 137/83, & heart rate is about 5/6 beats higher than usual, 80 to my normal 74.

I had so many constant headaches in the months before the high blood pressure was picked up & I was put on meds that I hardly noticed them because I got used to them! Will try & see the GP on Monday to see if I need adjusting my blood pressure meds! I’ve been put on a 24hr monitor & cuff before to check the pressure throughout the day before adjusting meds!

With some food in me now, my headache is receding & I can hopefully sleep now!

@Lanny . I hope you feel loads better tomorrow.
Apologies if you’ve already done this. Perhaps test you BG during the night say around 2/3am, that may give you an idea if you’re dropping low during the night .

Last edited:
B. 2 slices of wholemeal bread and peanut butter and a large coffee.
L. Half a cheese and beetroot sarnie, a small apple, watermelon and Some sparkling water.
D. Another bolus free meal for me 🙂 2 delicious Gloustershire old spot sausages they were huge and only 1 g carb each 🙂 , 1 rasher, fried egg and Coke Zero.
Pre meal 4.7, 2 hrs 5.2 , 3 hrs 4.9 well happy with that.
Treat 2 mint crumbles
Water throughout the day

Last edited:
My Yesterdays.
B-
2 bacon sarnies on low carb rolls.
Mid Morning –
2 SMALL warm homemade low carb walnut scones with butter.
Glass Alpro unsweetened almond
L-
Smoked mackerel with Piccolo toms
2 SMALL low carb walnut scones topped with extra thick cream and 4 strawberries.
Mid Afternoon –
Bar MR sour cherry and chilli.
D –
3 Black Farmer pork sausages done in the slow cooker with tomatoes onions, button mushrooms and mixed herbs, and a little sweet potato mash.
Raspberries and extra thick cream.
About 3.0 litres of coffee.
About 1 litre of water
3 Double espresso.
End for today.

Breakfast - Alpro coconut yogurt blackberries and chopped Brazil nuts....Lunch - Chicken and noodles (protein noodles) green beans mushrooms and spring onion....Dinner - bowl of chilli topped with cheese and sour cream 1 fathead dough roll( my son Joseph made them for me).....Snacks 1 apple 25g mixed nuts...BGL...Breakfast 4.9-4.4 Lunch 4.2-4.7. Dinner 4.5-4.0 No insulin

B: Tinned mackerel in tomato sauce on a low carb muffin (before: 6.3, 2hrs after: 6.8)
L: Tuna & Salmon salad (before: 6.2, 2hrs after: 6.5)
D: Pork Souvlaki with Tzakziki, Greek salad, grilled Halloumi & flat bread (made from soya & spelt flour) (before: 5.3, 2hrs after: 7.2)

Wasn't happy with the 6's before breakfast & lunch. The 5.3 was nice & the 7.2 acceptable Just fed up that I never get a 5 in the morning anymore.

Yesterday
B - jumbo oats, almond milk, raspberries, knob of butter and a coffee
coffee
S - boiled egg
D - wholemeal wiejska and lighter soft cheese sandwich and a salted caramel protein bar
coffee
T - upgraded to a 3 egg omelette with 2 HUGE flat mushrooms, ham and chilli powder, charlotte potatoes, steamed green beans and a bar MR 85%
coffee
S - babybel
3 pints water throughout the day xx

Today
Tea
Coffee
B: 2 Fried eggs on 2 Lidl low GI bread
no lunch
Tea
Coffee
Just ordered a chicken shish kebab with salad to be delivered & while waiting I've had 6 tortilla chips with some butternut squash dip.

Today
B - jumbo oats, almond milk, raspberries, knob of butter and a coffee
coffee
S - boiled egg
D - wholemeal bacon sandwich, handful of raspberries and a peanut & chocolate protein bar
coffee
T - mince and mushrooms in oxo, steamed sprouts, charlotte potatoes and a square lindt 90%
coffee
S - babybel
3 pints water throughout the day x

Sunday 3/6
FBG (5.30am) 4.0
Snack (5.30am): Apricots {55 Cal / 10.4g Carbs}
.......................................6 mile walk
Breakfast (8am): Porridge (made with almond milk), plum,
blackberries, walnuts {294 Cal / 35.0g Carbs}

Lunch (12pm): Beef & barley broth {168 Cal / 16.9g Carbs}
Ham & avocado salad, hummus {236 Cal / 12.6g Carbs}
Peach, raspberries, yoghurt, almonds {120 Cal / 12.2g Carbs}

BG (6pm) 4.0
Dinner (6pm): Tuna steak, sweet potato wedges, peas,
corn on the cob {351 Cal / 30.7g Carbs}
Strawberries, kiwi, yoghurt, pistachios {135 Cal / 14.5g Carbs}

Snack (9pm): Toast (one slice, seeded), almond butter {198 Cal / 12.7g Carbs}

4 cups of coffee too

Calories 1614
Carbs 151.7g
Protein 93.1g
Fat 58.4g (Sat Fat 8.0g / Trans fat 0.2g)

All food cooked from scratch, if you would like any recipes please just ask

Today:

I read somewhere if you write what you eat down then you naturally eat better the following day so here we go!

B- belvita soft bake bar (felt hypo), Greek yoghurt
L- at zizzi - shared king prawns and frutti Misti with hubby then had a fish skewer with salad. Treated myself to 2x scoops of honey mascarpone ice cream
D- pate, Brie, olives, 3x crispy bread thingys cant remember what they are called. 1/2 bottle of wine.

Tomorrow will involve more vegetables and less carbs!

B. 3 slices of wholemeal bread with peanut butter and a large coffee.
L . 4 Ryvita’s 3 had some cheese on, Coffee with cream.
S. An apple and some watermelon
D. Nowt as basal testing.
Water throughout the day.

My Yesterdays.
B-
2 bacon sarnies on low carb rolls.
Mid Morning –
Small buttered homemade Walnut scone
Glass of Alpro
L-
Smoked mackerel and Piccolo toms.
Mid Afternoon –
Nowt
D –
Pork loin steak, steamed cabbage, cauliflower and broccoli, 2 Portobello mushrooms stuffed with Spanish chorizo and cheddar cheese.
Raspberries and extra thick cream.
Mid Evening –
Bar MR sour cherry and chilli.
2 SMALL
Low carb walnut scones and a glass of alpro
About 2.5 litres of coffee.
About 1 litre of water .
2 Double espresso.
End for today.

B: Bacon in low carb muffin
L: Nature Valley protein bar
D: Chilli with low carb nachos (though they were more like savoury biscuits, but not unpleasant).
Pud: Last slice of heavenly choc cake with berries, Halo Top ice cream & squirty cream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back