What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Yesterdays.
All sort of stuff on the flight including many things I should not eat but what the hell. chicken, fish, rolls, marmalade, hash browns.
Tested when I arrived home and got a 5 so not to bad.
Had to wlak ast Greggs store at Newcastle airport and I could have murdered a pie BUT I resisted.
My first dinner back in Newcastle
D –
Bavette steak with Ardennes pate and Dijon, 2 x Spanish chorizo and Oak smoked cheddar stuffed Portobello mushrooms.
Blackberries and extra thick cream.
Bar MR Sour cherry chilli, Oh how I have missed this :D
About 3.0 litres of coffee.
About 1 litre of water on the flight
3 x Double espresso when home, needed it
Welcome home Vince, how long are you home for and will Miss Mao be ok without you?

Welcome home Vince, how long are you home for and will Miss Mao be ok without you?
Thanks Scouser, about 2 months I think. She is in good hands 🙂 Yang has her and she keeps him on his toes lol

Breakfast - sausage bacon fried egg and grilled tomato...Lunch - subway chicken tikka salad with cheese...Dinner - 1 lean buffalo burger topped with ham and cheese 1 bag Iceland mixed green broccoli rice and 40g potatoe and bacon crunches (9.4g carbs)......snacks - 1 apple 1 pear 25g of mixed nuts.....2 units lantus...BGL...Breakfast 4.9-4.6 Lunch 4.5-4.3 Dinner 4.4-4.4

Today
Tea x 2
B: 2 poached eggs on sunflower & pumpkin seed bread, apple juice
Tea
L: Ham butty on the same bread, strawberries & mullerlight yogurt
Tea
T: Very naughty fish & chips sitting on Dover cliffs watching the ferries, water
Red bush tea

I managed to fall down the stairs tonighto_O; sore knee, sore hand, sore pride but I managed to laugh :D

Ohh, that’s really nice, eating fish & chips with a view like that! I remember eating a huge slice of herb & cheese pizza, from a street vendor, on the banks of the Grand Canal in Venice with the setting sun glinting off the roof tops during the solar eclipse of 1999! 😎 Of course I wasn’t diabetic then & don’t eat pizza now!

It’s good you managed to laugh after your “oopsie” moment! I’m always walking into wall corners & knocking my arms on door frames etc. It’s a good thing I live in a bunalow with no stairs! :D

B: Smoked Mackerel on 1 slice toasted Burgen
L: Cheese, ham & tomato toastie on Burgen
D: 3 sausages with fried onions, peas & new potatoes
Pud: (here we go) Salted caramel cheesecake!😱

Today
B - jumbo oats, almond milk, raspberries, knob of butter and a coffee
coffee
S - boiled egg (getting really into it lol)
D - wholemeal wiejska and Tesco lighter soft cheese sandwich and a salted caramel protein bar (wasn't really keen on the soft cheese but hey ho lol)
coffee
T - 2 minute steaks, roast sprouts and large flat mushroom, baby Jersey Royals, onion gravy and a square Lindt 90%
coffee
3 pints water throughout the day
Soon - babybel (lol) xx

01/06/18
06:10 BS 10.7. Was awake for over an hour. 6 units of Novorapid.
06:40 Breakfast:- 2 poached eggs, 2 sausages cookstown, 100g baked beans heinz & bottled water. 09:50 BS 11.8.

12:26 BS 11.1. 4 units Novorapid 29 units Levemir & all other meds. Lunch:- 2 servings of my veg soup. 14:14 BS 9.2.

15:39 BS 7.7. A bit early to inject insulin again so, made dinner first! Still a wee bit early but, only by 20 mins.
16:00 4 units Novorapid Dinner:- 2 cheese, ham & mustard sandwiches, 2 cups tea ( 1 each twinings honey camomile & buttermint in teapot) & 80ml longlife almond milk. CAN drink this without honey & extra milk! 18:12 BS 6.9 just after bath. Borderline but, seems ok judging by the last few days! If awake, I’ll check again after Novorapid has gone!

A VERY sticky & humid day! The forecast thunder storm never came! I wish it would come to clear the air & cool things down!

After the meltingly hot walk for ice cream the other day, I took taxis to & from the town as I couldn’t face a round trip of 7000 steps. My techno phobe brother gave me cash yesterday so, I put it into my bank account & electronically transferred it to my sister’s account! 🙄

Technology is in the realm of mainly the young! I wonder when it surpasses me too? :confused:

I just went to the bank & back without much walking at 10:00. Was out for less than an hour & was dripping with sweat when I got back! The thunder storm was forecast for midday! Fred comes to mind again! :D

The clouds gathered all day & still, as yet, no storm! Grr! 😡

Oh, yes! Went to the post office first to post my iPhone in for a replacement battery! It’s about 3 years old & recently has switched off unexpectedly 4 times when there was plenty of power left. Battery health says the battery can only retain 80% of its original charge & needs servicing! :confused:

I backed everything up, erased it & sent it off as instructed! I looked up support on the Apple online store, where I bought it, was surprised at the reasonable, for Apple, price of replacing the battery: good news! Bad news; will take 6 to 10 days! Eek! :(

Yikes, I’m going to be without my iPhone for 10 days! But, something HAD to be done as I don’t want to lose everything because of a failing battery!

A much better & stable day for me BS wise, just left it a bit long after waking to test & have insulin! Will see what a lower starting point, I hope, will do tommorrow? 🙂

Friday 1/6
FBG (5.30am) 4.0
Breakfast 1 (5.30am): Porridge (made with almond milk),
Peach, strawberries, pecans {284 Cal / 35.9g Carbs}
.......................................2 mile walk
………………………...5 km on rowing machine
Breakfast 2 (8am): Toasted walnut bread, hummus, avocado, tomatoes,
ham & eggs / Juice from one orange {351 Cal / 22.6g Carbs}

Lunch (12pm): Game stew (leftovers), new potatoes,
carrots, runner beans {372 Cal / 34.0g Carbs}
Raspberries, blackcurrants, yoghurt, pistachios {120 Cal / 11.6g Carbs}

………………………….3 mile walk

Dinner (6pm): Monkfish, sweet potato fries, peas, corn /
Viognier (4oz) {401 Cal / 33.0g Carbs}
Blackberries, redcurrants, ice cream {136 Cal / 15.9g Carbs}

Snack (9pm): Toast (one slice, seeded), milk {142 Cal / 15.1g Carbs}

4 cups of coffee too

Calories 1862
Carbs 174.7g
Protein 110.5g
Fat 57.2g (Sat Fat 13.9g / Trans fat 0.6g)

All food cooked from scratch, if you would like any recipes please just ask

B 3 slices of wholemeal bread and peanut butter and a large coffee .
L . Sparkling water.
D. Roast beef 4 small new potatoes, peas and a Coke Zero.
Water throughout the day.

My Yesterdays.
B-
2 bacon sarnies on low carb rolls at 2.30am lol, Wonderful.
Mid Morning –
Nature Valley peanut and Chocolate protein bar
Glass Alpro unsweetened almond
L-
Smoked salmon, mussels, egg mayo with AVOCADO, Piccolo toms.
Bar MR sour cherry and chilli.
D –
3 Black Farmer pork sausages done in the slow cooker with Tomatoes onions, button mushrooms and mixed herbs. 2 low carb rolls.
About 1 litre of water .
2 Double espresso.
Ordered some mixed berry cordial stuff from STUR Drinks to try.

Breakfast - alpro coconut yogurt blackberries and chopped Brazil nuts....Lunch - cheese and onion sandwich( 2 slices nimble wholemeal 8.1g carb per slice)....Dinner - paprika chicken stuffed with cream cheese and spinach served with squash, courgette rosti and a side salad..... snack 1 pear hand full of mixed nuts and 2 squares G&B almond dark chocolate....BGL Breakfast 4.6-4.9 Lunch 3.9(4.4)-4.2 Dinner 4.5-4.4

B: Home made Muesli
L: 2 packets of Fridge Raiders
S: Salted caramel protein bar
D: Chilli & lime marinated pork belly & stir fry
Pud: 1 slice Heavenly Choc cake with berries & squirty cream

My Yesterdays.
B-
2 bacon sarnies on low carb rolls at 2.30am lol, Wonderful.
Mid Morning –
Nature Valley peanut and Chocolate protein bar
Glass Alpro unsweetened almond
L-
Smoked salmon, mussels, egg mayo with AVOCADO, Piccolo toms.
Bar MR sour cherry and chilli.
D –
3 Black Farmer pork sausages done in the slow cooker with Tomatoes onions, button mushrooms and mixed herbs. 2 low carb rolls.
About 1 litre of water .
2 Double espresso.
Ordered some mixed berry cordial stuff from STUR Drinks to try.

Ah, @Vince_UK , NOW I get to see what you eat when your at home in the UK! 🙂

I’ve noticed you love tomatoes! You would get on great with my dad! I hate tomatoes & my mum didn’t like them either! So, my dad didn’t get to eat them much as my mum did the cooking for him! He had to settle for getting cans of heinz tomato soup, in the UK & campbells in HK. Incidentally, Campbells soups is very popular in HK with a much wider range of flavours that I’ve never seen here! My dad just boils the kettle, dumps the concentrate in a bowl & slowly add the boiled water until it reaches the consistency & flavour he wants without any cooking! Just as well as he’s been slowly going blind for over a decade now & dosen’t have much central vision so, dosen’t cook!

Sorry to hear that about your Dad @Lanny
I do like tomatoes but the vine variety or piccolo ones.
My UK diet is decidedly less interesting than my Shanghai one and I miss that very much when I am back home..
I love tomato soup also but it is quite high in carbs so sadly I avoid it these days.

Sorry to hear that about your Dad @Lanny
I do like tomatoes but the vine variety or piccolo ones.
My UK diet is decidedly less interesting than my Shanghai one and I miss that very much when I am back home..
I love tomato soup also but it is quite high in carbs so sadly I avoid it these days.

Vince, I was waiting in anticipation for your return home meal of fish and chips, mushy peas, a couple of buttered stotties and a mountain of Moser Roth (with a Greggs steak bake for a snack!) :D Oh and washed down with some Newky Brown! 🙂

Vince, I was waiting in anticipation for your return home meal of fish and chips, mushy peas, a couple of buttered stotties and a mountain of Moser Roth (with a Greggs steak bake for a snack!) :D Oh and washed down with some Newky Brown! 🙂
That's next week Amigo lol After I have had my blood taken on Monday for my HbA1c 😉
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back