What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Ditto. I notice you take your Levothyroxine tab in the evening. I suffer with hypothyroidism & take Levothyroxine too.....but as advised by my GP I take it every morning. I've just re-read the information leaflet to check when to take levo.and it says best to take Levothyroxine before breakfast. Thought I'd mention this to you, but if you've been advised to take Levothyroxine in the evening then please ignore this post & accept my apologies for mentioning it. Take care
You are quite right. They told me morning too but they said take it without other medications or food, well the only time I'm not taking food and meds is before bed when I just have my last water. I've looked it up online and after reading all that gobbledygook I'm still no wiser. :D

Menu for Friday 270117
BG 5.6 @ 6.24am - Bottle water with fibre
Breakfast:
2 lg Scrambled Eggs, 4oz Onion 2oz Garlic 4tbsMayo
Pt Aspirin water, meds, cod liver oil capsule
BG 5.9 @ 11.45am
Bottle water throughout the afternoon.
Dinner:
Tinned Salmon Salad 2oz Cucumber 3oz Tomato 1oz Spring Onions 2oz Celery 5oz Romaine.
BG 5.5 @ 7.58pm
BG 5.3 @ 10.27
Bottle water and a Levothyroxine pill.

First thing after loo - 15 stones 2.0 pounds on the digital scales...
Tum = <<<49

Today
Breakfast - bran flakes with semi skimmed milk and cup of tea
Lunch - 2 slices of toast and birds cheese and onion sausage roll and cup of coffee with a fairy cake
Tea - chicken and donner kebab with bottle of Diet Pepsi and ice bun
You like your cakes don't you lol x

Today
B - roast beef and mayo sandwich
D - 3 pork sausages, 80g petits pois, 1 yorkshire pudding and a dark chocolate teacake for afters 🙂
T - half a ham & chicken omelette from the chinese, 1 slice 50/50 bread and a dollop of mayo on the side x

B.Avocado
L.Pate and Burgen toast, half an apple, satsuma, 2sq90%dark choc
T. Flapjack ( needed it after gardening) Handful of cashews
D. Sea bream, peas, 2 glasses white wine, apple and mincemeat lattice tart ( home made, found some mincemeat left over from Xmas) with cream

Sat. 28.01.1
YESTERDAY.
Bgl before breakfast: 4.6

Breakfast:
Scrambled egg with grated cheese, toasted crumpet, cup of decaf tea

Snack:
Handful of almond nuts, skinny lattè & 2 naughty but nice ginger biscuits!

Lunch:
2 thin slices of turkey breast on a bed of baby spinach diced beetroot spiralised carrot cucumber & celery, 6 blueberries. And a very generous blob of mayo : )

Snack:
Almond nuts & chunk of water melon.

Evening meal :
Baked seabass, oven roasted choice veggies with onion, green, red & yellow peppers. Glass white wine.
Dessert: low fat yogurt & 5 black grapes. Luvly jubbly meal cooked with my daughters own fair hands.

Liquid intake during the day :
1 cup decaf tea.
2 skinny cappuccinos & 2 skinny lattès ♡ my guilty pleasures ♡
+ 1ltr water

Regular daily meds + 1 garlic capsule

Last bgl test: 4.4 Wow! Is this way too low or what?

Type2 since April 2016
Diet only

Last edited:
Didn't get up till 12, when my BG was 7.2 after a mid night LO, so that was cool

B: Cappuchino
L: 3 Ryvitas with soft scrambled eggs with about a quarter teaspoon of cayenne pepper, and a thin slice of ham on each
D: Roast local beef, with locally grown Romanesco and carrot match sticks. Followed by an indulgence - a dark chocolate Tunnock's Teacake. Mea culpa

I know that looks like a T2 diet, but I'm on a low carb diet to get down to my proper fighting weight, and a new Avatar later this year.

Speaking of Avatars, has anyone else noticed that Northerners latest Avatar looks like an old lady throwing a moonie? Sure looks that way without my reading glasses on. Shh, don't worry, he hardly ever looks at this thread😉

Didn't get up till 12, when my BG was 7.2 after a mid night LO, so that was cool

B: Cappuchino
L: 3 Ryvitas with soft scrambled eggs with about a quarter teaspoon of cayenne pepper, and a thin slice of ham on each
D: Roast local beef, with locally grown Romanesco and carrot match sticks. Followed by an indulgence - a dark chocolate Tunnock's Teacake. Mea culpa

I know that looks like a T2 diet, but I'm on a low carb diet to get down to my proper fighting weight, and a new Avatar later this year.

Speaking of Avatars, has anyone else noticed that Northerners latest Avatar looks like an old lady throwing a moonie? Sure looks that way without my reading glasses on. Shh, don't worry, he hardly ever looks at this thread

Hey MikeyB what you doing awake at this unearthly hour! You should be tucked up in bed! I havent slept a wink yet. Good luck with the low carb diet, I think you'll feel heaps better rarer (flippin predictive text)! if you stick to it. Can't make out Northerners moonie lady : ( Can't find me specs or magnifying glass either to get a closer look even when I zoom in. Hope you've got over fridays ordeal. bye for now take care

Last edited:
Yesterday
Two slices nimble toast with peanut butter .
Went to town to get some things for my grandsons birthday felt weird had to sit down outside a cafe and eat a small bakewell slice from my shopping bag which helped ... Had obviously waited to long for a meal after breakfast I am sure I get this because of the Gliclazide I take.
Then ate a wholemeal roll with chicken salad from said cafe.
D... Because I ate the cake I decided not to have dinner so I had four ryvitas with hummus a babybel and a yogurt .
I must remember to carry some jelly beans or something x

Yesterday:
B: Toasted Burgen with peanut butter
L: Tuna & prawn salad
Alpen 'jaffa cake' cereal bar
D: Pork shish kebabs with coleslaw
Slice of home made chocolate & orange cheesecake.

Total: 78 carbs and 1048 calories
Snack: 1 packet of Wotsits
Lunch: Small seafood soufflé
Snack: Sweet and salty popcorn
Dinner: Butternut squash Malaysian curry topped with sliced boiled egg and served with rice
Two small glasses of Sauvignon blanc

B - toasted burgen with peanut butter
L - small jacket potato withering cheese and onion
D - slow cooked beef stew with veg, followed by fresh strawberries and cream
Snack - mini cheddars

Oh dear, Stitch. Was the withering cheese the bit you found right at the back of the fridge?😉
Lol, must have been!
Don't know what happened there!

Today
B - 2 toasted waffles and 15g peanut butter
D - bacon and fried egg sandwich
T - yellow fin sole lemon & parsley, 1 potato waffle, 80g petits pois, some mayo and a bag of crisps x

Wirralass said "Last bgl test: 4.4 Wow! Is this way too low or what?" - I don't know! I was aiming for 4s but now think it's too low. I don't know enough about it though. My sister, who's on Metformin, is always in the 4s and I've been telling her it's too low and to get it higher! You just can't win.

Menu for Saturday 280117
BG 5.9 @ 10.29am! - Bottle water with fibre (overslept)
Breakfast:
2 lg Scrambled Eggs, 8oz Mushrooms, 3oz Onion, 3oz Tomato, 1oz Garlic
BG 5.8 @ 12.46pm

Lunch @ 2.50pm:
Lg tin Tuna with Heinz Mayo.
BG 5.7 @ 2.55pm

Dinner:
2 pieces Cod, 12oz Caulirice, 5 fl oz Elmlea single cream 6.5g?
(The print is so small on the tub!)

Total for Saturday = 40.3 n/c...I was being a pig oink, that's high for Atkins, but still ketogenic I've been told. 🙂

Early morning weight stet at 15stones 2pounds and tum just on 49inches. I hates my tum, I worry about heart failure. :( It just won't go down. Doctor said "just stop eating" very helpful...not.

Yesterday:
B: Toasted Burgen with peanut butter
L: Tuna & prawn salad
Alpen 'jaffa cake' cereal bar
D: Pork shish kebabs with coleslaw
Slice of home made chocolate & orange cheesecake.

Youve done it again Mark...jaffa cake & chocolate orange? To die for! .....plz can I come & live with you to share your goodies?!! Haha!

Last edited:
Wirralass said "Last bgl test: 4.4 Wow! Is this way too low or what?" - I don't know! I was aiming for 4s but now think it's too low. I don't know enough about it though. My sister, who's on Metformin, is always in the 4s and I've been telling her it's too low and to get it higher! You just can't win.

Menu for Saturday 280117
BG 5.9 @ 10.29am! - Bottle water with fibre (overslept)
Breakfast:
2 lg Scrambled Eggs, 8oz Mushrooms, 3oz Onion, 3oz Tomato, 1oz Garlic
BG 5.8 @ 12.46pm

Lunch @ 2.50pm:
Lg tin Tuna with Heinz Mayo.
BG 5.7 @ 2.55pm

Dinner:
2 pieces Cod, 12oz Caulirice, 5 fl oz Elmlea single cream 6.5g?
(The print is so small on the tub!)

Total for Saturday = 40.3 n/c...I was being a pig oink, that's high for Atkins, but still

@Ditto.

Last edited:
Yesterday
B ... Peanut butter on nimble toast
L.... Coronation chicken sandwich yogurt
D... Roast beef cabbage carrots and Yorkshire pud
Snack ... A tunnocks tea cake
Numerous cups of tea throughout the day ...

Yesterday.
B: Bacon & tomato sarnie on Burgen.
L: Not a lot. Just snacked on nuts & cheese throughout the afternoon.
D: Roast chicken with cabbage, leeks, carrots, celeriac & sweet potato.
Slice of chocolate orange cheesecake.

BG before dinner: 5.0
1hr: 6.8
2hrs: 6.6
🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back