What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today:

B- 1x weetabix with semi skimmed milk
2x coffee
L- Brie and red onion toasted sandwich. Salad.
D- burger, halloumi & salad. Hot chocolate and far too many marshmallows

16/05/18 Was REALLY tired by going to hospital app. yesterday & all the errands I needed to do! Woke briefly at 10:54, call of nature, & briefly considered taking my Levemir & all other meds before falling asleep again without taking anything!

16:45 woke up. 8 units Novorapid (6+2) 29 units Levemir & all other meds. Couldn’t face testing as I knew it’ll be high from delayed medication & knew I needed +2! Lunch:- 2 sausages, 100g microchips, 25g grated candian vintage cheese, 100g baked beans & 150ml of pressed pear juice! Much prefer this to cranberry juice! Slowed cooked chicken casserole.

21:17 Dinner (BS 13.0) not surprised as Levemir & meds were so late today! Should have taken my meds earlier or set the alarm to wake me! Took too long to decide & dropped off! 6 units Novorapid (4+2)
Chicken casserole, 0.5 tin of pears in juice & 0.5 of the drained juice from the can: about 100ml.

00:13 (BS 8.7)

Still a wee bit of backache today but, nowhere near as bad as yesterday! The last 500 yards from the post office, posting packages, to the chemist, picking up prescription, My back was KILLING me & my legs got VERY wobbly from sheer exhaustion: must have looked drunk by the way I was wavering! Took a taxi back from the chemist, fell asleep for about 4 hours, ate & slept again around 02:30am this morning & had a LONG sleep!

B: Nowt. Leccy went off before I could cook it
L: Chicago stack burger from Maccy D's (hardly a stack, it was tiny. No wonder only 35g carb)
D: Ham salad
Pud: 1 choc/peanut butter cup

Breakfast 1 apple Lunch left over stir fry veg a turkey steak lettuce and 2 corn cakes with cheese spread Dinner celeriac Mash (first time I’ve had celeriac very nice) chicken and chorizo with peppers onion and olives. Snacks 1 bag lentil curls 2 squares G&B mint chocolate.....no insulin again except lantus......BGL... breakfast 5.3-4.8 Lunch 4.6-5.6 Dinner 5.9-5.0

Last edited:
My Yesterdays.
B –
‘ala’ Ditto with flaxseed and Soya milk
Mid Morning –
Nowt
L –
Factory Lunch
Hard boiled egg in soy sauce, I had 2. Seaweed, cauliflower with pork and chilli, fried chicken nugget thingys.
Mid Afternoon –
1 Pomegranate thing I think about 10 carbs but basically I have no idea.
D –
Some more heated up sausage casserole and there is more left for tomorrow.
Blackberries and whipped cream.
Mid Evening –
½ bar Ritters Extra Fine Dark choccy and a glass of ice cold, straight out of the fridge soya milk.
About 2.5 litres of coffee.
Iced Water with lime approx. 2.0l.
1l bottled water.
3x400ml bottles Schweppes Lemon Soda water.
I am buying ice cream and cold drinks for all staff because of the heat but I can only drink iced water or soda water and watch them with totally jealousy as they devour various ice cream concoctions.

End for today.

View attachment 8636
I'll have your share vince,don't forget about me,:-(

Yesterday:
B: Egg on wholemeal toast, 2 rashers of bacon, 1 sausage
L: Wholemeal chicken mayo sandwich, packet of Wotsits, Peperami, salted caramel Fibre 90 bar, Fanta Zero.
D: Cod in breadcrumbs, cauliflower cheese, and garden peas.
Snack, 1 granny smith apple. Tablets mucked me about yesterday and made me feel rough, so I felt like I needed the apple.

Yesterday
Breakfast 2 toast burgen
Dinner 1 scone
Tea omelette with cheese and ham and 2 sausage
Snack 150g natural yoghurt with blueberrys strawberries and raspberry
Woke to 7.9 and just realised didn't have my meds yesterday so not to bad

I just bought myself a 7 day pill organiser in the hope that it might make me better at remembering my tablets. I am useless!

I just bought myself a 7 day pill organiser in the hope that it might make me better at remembering my tablets. I am useless!
First thing I got after getting out of the hospital I take 4 tablets in the morning 1 with lunch 1 with dinner and 3 before bed plus 1 aspirin my lantus and NovoRapid(not currently using as my diet is controlling my BGL)

I use one of them becks,I have forgotten my meds for day and half,hope your better organised than me lol

Tea x 2
B: 2 wholemeal toast with butter, strawberries & Greek yogurt
Tea
L: Ham, laughing cow light & tomato butty on wholemeal
Tea
T: Chicken biriani, veg samosa & onion bhaji. Coffee.

I'm off to Winchester in the motorhome tomorrow for the weekend, eating out tomorrow night. I'll try to be good, honest 😉

Re pill taking, I use the alarm on my phone to remind me.

Thursday 17/5
FBG (5.30am) 4.2
Snack (6am): Banana {64 Cal / 14.6g Carbs}
.......................................4 mile walk
Breakfast (8am): Porridge (made with almond milk), pear,
blackberries, walnuts {300 Cal / 37.5g Carbs}

Lunch (12pm): Tomato, basil & Nduja soup {119 Cal / 12.4g Carbs}
Prawn & avocado salad, hummus {299 Cal / 9.4g Carbs}
Strawberries, blackcurrants, yoghurt, hazelnuts {138 Cal / 11.6g Carbs}

Snack (3pm): Lamb & barley broth {140 Cal / 16.9g Carbs}

Dinner (6pm): Guinea fowl, celeriac mash, parsnip,
swede, peas, redcurrant sauce {312 Cal / 39.3g Carbs}
Peach, raspberries, yoghurt, almonds {151 Cal / 13.5g Carbs}

Snack (9pm): Toast (one slice, seeded), almond butter,
blackcurrant jam {212 Cal / 23.8g Carbs}

4 cups of coffee too

Calories 1790
Carbs 185.1g
Protein 96.0g
Fat 61.7g (Sat Fat 9.9g / Trans fat 0.1g)

All food cooked from scratch, if you would like any recipes please just ask

17/05/18 slowed cooked lamb casserole overnight.
Recipe for lamb casserole 6 servings 1744.6cals 84.35g carbs
2 packs 600g diced lamb asda 1128cals 0g carbs
0.5 bag 325g frozen onion asda 325cals 35.75g carbs
2x300g tins sliced carrots & water tesco 183.6cals 29.4g carbs
6 oxo lamb 108cals 19.2g carbs
2tsp mixed herbs schwartz no info
water topped up to half way up the ingredients.

08:21 (BS 8.9) 6 units Novorapid. Breakfast:- lamb casserole, cup tea twinings buttermint with 30ml longlife almond milk & 0.5 tsp of honey rowse. Added +1 unit Novorapid (total of 7) for the honey as it’s been ages since I had any but, it REALLY added SO much flavour to the mint tea! The difference without & with honey was AMAZING! It went very well with the lamb casserole!

10:17 (BS 6.5) too low, didn’t need the extra unit at breakfast! Correction snack of 1 tsp no sugar peanut butter. Have to go out for a few errands & had another precautionary 0.5 serving lamb casserole. Might be too much on top of the peanut butter but, better than risk going low!

12:55 (BS 10.9) over corrected with too much food! 4 units Novorapid 29 units Levemir & all other meds. Lunch:- 1.5 serving lamb casserole, 150ml pressed pear juice.

Slept from exhaustion again! Was REALLY idiotic today! One of those days were things go wrong! 🙄

Waited in the conservatory, were I could see the work in progress, for the boilercare guy to service my 1 year old boiler & paid him! Went out for my errands around 10:55.

Walked 3500 steps into town & discovered, when queuing to pay at a shop, I’d left the wallet in the conservatory! Was in such a hurry to leave that I’d forgotten to put it back in my handbag! Numpty! :(

Walked back, another 3500 steps & was exhausted by the heat & had lunch then, crashed! Another backache, wobbly legs & drunken sailor wavering walk for the last 500 yards or so! Imagine a sweat poring down the face emoji!

Have to go back into town again tomorrow to do the stuff I didn’t do today! 🙄

Been off the iron tablets for few days & only stared taking them again today & it’s REALLY affected my energy levels! But, the iron WILL take effect again eventually & my energy will recover!

23:21 (BS 7.7) 6 units Novorapid (sleep/wake). Dinner:- 2 poached eggs, 4 slices pork onion & tomato roll, 0.5 tin pears in juice & 100ml of the drained juice.
01:12 (BS 7.6)

Too much info warning! You can skip reading the next paragraph! :D

I’ll know when the iron takes effect: black no. 2’s! It was quite intriguing to see the day the iron wasn’t in my system when half of my no. 2’s were black & the other half wasn’t! :D 😎

My Yesterdays.
B –
Avocado with egg mayo and tuna prepared the night before
Mid Morning –
Nowt
L –
Factory Lunch
Unmentionable fish, have to get unlucky at least once each week I guess. Cucumber, liver with peppers, and tofu with green stuff no idea what it was.
Mid Afternoon –
3 Oatie things and a little watermelon.
D –
Some more heated up sausage casserole glad that has all gone. Had some chicken breasts that needed to be cooked so I diced and coated them, cooked them in the Actifry and added some of those to the Sausage casserole, weird eh?
Blackberries and whipped cream and 4 little ice cream chocs
Found these lastnight, same things but raspberry flavoured and same carb content 12.8 carbs for 42g/wt which is 4 chocs.
Mid Evening –
Nowt
About 1.0 litres of coffee.
Iced Water with lime approx. 2.0l.
1l bottled water.
3x400ml bottles Schweppes Lemon Soda water.
End for today.

IMG_5940.jpg IMG_5941.jpg IMG_5944.jpg IMG_5943.jpg IMG_5942.jpg

Yesterday:

B- 100g Greek Yoghurt (5.4g carb). Black coffee.
S- 2x pieces of breaded chicken with mayo
L- chicken ceasar salad (no croutons)
D- bolognese with 1x piece garlic bread

Breakfast- 2 sausages grilled mushroom 1 fried egg. Lunch tinned tuna lettuce(chopped) 1 tomato(chopped) a little mayo 2 corn cakes Dinner mixed leaf salad tomato cucumber red onion olives feta and a turkey burger. Snack 1 apricot 2 McVitie’s thins. No NovoRapid and reduced lantus 8 units. BGL breakfast 4.8 - 4.8 Lunch 4.8 - 4.4 Dinner 6.3 - 4.2.

Breakfast- 2 sausages grilled mushroom 1 fried egg. Lunch tinned tuna lettuce(chopped) 1 tomato(chopped) a little mayo 2 corn cakes Dinner mixed leaf salad tomato cucumber red onion olives feta and a turkey burger. Snack 1 apricot 2 McVitie’s thins. No NovoRapid and reduced lantus 8 units. BGL breakfast 4.8 - 4.8 Lunch 4.8 - 4.4 Dinner 6.3 - 4.2.
Excellent results 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back