What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to try another cheesecake recipe today...and some low carb pancakes...will let you know how it goes...want to use some strawberries with them...remind me how you make your jam please:D.
As you know, I tend not to measure anything when I invent a recipe, so roughly, I grab a big handful of frozen mixed berries & add some sweetener. Blitz in the microwave for a minute at a time, take out and stir after each minute & keep going until it thickens up. It will thicken up even more once cooled.

Made celariac crisps, oven too not cooked for too long ----Burnt to a crisp
Even th the birds won't eat them !!!
Carol
Sorry Carol...that did make me laugh

Sorry, I haven’t posted in a about a week! My BS was rising, my sleep erratic due to not being able to sleep at night & now my BS is dropping! :(

Just saw my hospital dietician again this morning! The iron tablets seems to have kick started my cycle again! 🙄 So, every month I’ll have about a week of rising BS followed by about a week of dropping BS! She was still very pleased with my BS readings from the 3 weeks or so since I last saw her, dietician. She asked me if I needed grief counselling but, I don’t think I need it! Although it’s still tough to sleep at night, when grief hits hardest, I’m managing NOT to eat through the night!

I’m more or less eating the same stuff & know how it affects my BS so, I won’t be seeing the dietician anymore & continue to phone-in my readings to the DSN regularly. Also, see the doctor periodically for HbA1c tests etc. 🙂

Thanks to everybody on this thread! I learnt a LOT while I was posting & reading posts! 🙂 😎

@Ljc, been catching up & your posts really make me laugh, YOU can be naughty at times! 😛 :D Sneaking in the tiny print too! :D But, I’m onto you now! 😛

B - jumbo oats, almond milk, raspberries, knob of butter and a coffee
coffee
S - 2 boiled egg whites (mum was making her sandwich filling for her dinner but she only eats the yolks and I hate seeing the whites go to waste lol)
D - Wholemeal sandwich with a chicken breast and garlic and herb Philadelphia and a peanut & choc protein bar
coffee
T - chicken breast marinated in chilli oil, charlotte potatoes, large flat mushroom and sprouts roasted and a square Lindt 90%
coffee
3 pints water throughout the day x

Hi all. Ran out of time last night so didn't post and was out just after 6 today as Alan had a super car driving day at Brands Hatch and we had to be there before 8am. Not the best day food wise today but I'll fess all.

Tea
B: Bacon, egg & mayo butty in the car at Brands Hatch (home made, took them with us).
Tea
L: Scampi, sweet potato chips & salad with a G&T (pub lunch)
Latte & an apple & almond tart in Patisserie Valerie 🙄
Just had sardines on toast.
Lots of water during the afternoon.

Today:

B- 1x weetabix with semi skimmed (had run out of Greek yoghurt)
S- Cheddar cheese & pepperami with some mayo.
L- mozerella, avocado and cherry tomatoes with olive oil and a balsamic glaze
D- Chicken ceasar salad, no croutons but breaded chicken (hot).

Have just made these: https://twosleevers.com/no-bake-keto-peanut-butter-chocolate-bars-keto/ so will try them later and let you know what they are like.

Really interesting to see how I needed a snack today whereas when I have Greek yoghurt I don’t think about food again until lunchtime.

B. 2 slices of wholemeal bread and peanut butter no lemon curd today as I thought I’d better beh@ve myself lol and a large Nescafé.
L. Can’t remember 😱 but I did eat something and had some sparkling water.
D. 4 small new potatoes, peas , a small bit of steak pudding and a Coke Zero
S. about 1/4 pack of Macadamia nuts and another Coke Zero.
Water through the day.

Tuesday 15/5
FBG (5.30am) 4.1

Breakfast 1 (6am): Porridge (made with almond milk), pear, blackcurrants,
walnuts {287 Cal / 36.4g Carbs}
.....................................2 mile walk
.....................................5 km on rowing machine
Breakfast 2 (8am): Toast (one slice, seeded), mackerel / Tangerine {238 Cal / 13.5g Carbs}

Snack (11am): Nectarine {32 Cal / 6.4g Carbs}
...................................,..3 mile walk
Lunch (12pm): Lamb & barley broth {107 Cal / 12.8g Carbs}
Prawn & avocado salad, hummus {322 Cal / 15.9g Carbs}
Plum, strawberries, yoghurt, pistachios {133 Cal / 13.0g Carbs}

.......................................2 mile walk
Snack (5pm): Solero [mango & passion fruit] {90 Cal / 15.8g Carbs}

Dinner (6pm): Turkey meatballs, spaghetti, Nduja ragu {471 Cal / 30.6g Carbs}
Dessert: Peach, blueberries, yoghurt {80 Cal / 13.0g Carbs}

Snack (9pm): Toast (one slice, sourdough), milk {137 Cal /14.6g Carbs}

4 cups of coffee too

Calories 1931
Carbs 179.3g
Protein 110.8g
Fat 75.3g (Sat Fat 17.5g / Trans fat 0.6g)

All food cooked from scratch, if you would like any recipes please just ask

Mashed avacado with plenty of lemon. Yes, it tastes mostly of lemon. Great on the side of meat, fish or cheese.
Need to try this one.🙂

Sorry, I haven’t posted in a about a week! My BS was rising, my sleep erratic due to not being able to sleep at night & now my BS is dropping! :(

Just saw my hospital dietician again this morning! The iron tablets seems to have kick started my cycle again! 🙄 So, every month I’ll have about a week of rising BS followed by about a week of dropping BS! She was still very pleased with my BS readings from the 3 weeks or so since I last saw her, dietician. She asked me if I needed grief counselling but, I don’t think I need it! Although it’s still tough to sleep at night, when grief hits hardest, I’m managing NOT to eat through the night!

I’m more or less eating the same stuff & know how it affects my BS so, I won’t be seeing the dietician anymore & continue to phone-in my readings to the DSN regularly. Also, see the doctor periodically for HbA1c tests etc. 🙂

Thanks to everybody on this thread! I learnt a LOT while I was posting & reading posts! 🙂 😎

@Ljc, been catching up & your posts really make me laugh, YOU can be naughty at times! 😛 :D Sneaking in the tiny print too! :D But, I’m onto you now! 😛
Was wondering where you had gone @Lanny
Was a little worried to be honest

My Yesterdays.
B –
Small Banana
Mid Morning –
Nowt
L –
Factory Lunch
2 meatballs, beansprouts, tofu with greens, eggplant with chilli and a small cake thing no idea what it was and shudder to think of the carbs.
Mid Afternoon –
6 Oatie type biscuits I know I shouldn’t have had.
D –
Warmed up sausage casserole that I should have eaten Monday night. Not exactly food to eat at temps of 34C but it was delicious even though I do say so myself. Got loads left.
Raspberries and 8 of those little square ice cream filled chocolaty thingy-ma-jigs.
Mid Evening –
Boiled ham, blue cheese and vine toms.
About 2.5 litres of coffee.
Water with lime approx. 2.0l.
1l bottled water.
2x400ml bottles Schweppes Lemon Soda water
I was melting here at 34C and predicted to increase to 38C by Thursday.
End for today.

Breakfast grilled mushrooms tomato and fried egg Lunch 2 corn cakes cottage cheese and salad few olives. Dinner stir fry veg and a turkey steak. Snack 1 apple a few mixed nuts and 2 squares of green&black mint chocolate. No insulin again except lantus at night figures Breakfast 5.2-4.8 Lunch 4.7-5.4 Dinner 5.7-4.2

B: Bacon & cheese omelette
L: Ham salad
D: Low carb toad in the hole, peas & onion gravy
Pud: Berries & blackcurrant jelly

Hey hey.

Haven't recorded my food a lot lately, have been mostly winging it. But I need to get stricter again so I'm back :D

So yesterday I had:
B - Egg on granary toast, 2 rashers of bacon and 1 sausage
L - Scotch egg, carrot, cucumber and cherry tomatoes with a small pot of dip. Salted caramel Fibre 90 bar. Fanta Zero.
D - Quarterpounder with cheese from McDonalds. Hmm...

Yesterday's regrets
Breakfast 2 slices of burgen toasted
Dinner 1 rock scone
Tea 1/2 kebab,chicken tikka,lamb tikka kobeda on nan with salad medium sauce
(the wife's fault she wanted a kebab to share)
1/2 chips

Today
B - jumbo oats, almond milk, raspberries, knob of butter and a coffee
coffee
S - boiled egg
D - wholemeal German baked ham and garlic & herb Philadelphia sandwich and a peanut & choc protein bar
coffee
T - mince and mushrooms done in oxo, boiled charlotte potatoes, steamed sprouts and a square Lindt 90%
currently - coffee
3 pints water throughout the day xx

Wednesday 16/5
FBG (5.30am) Not measured today

Breakfast (8am): Toast (one slice, walnut bread), avocado, scrambled egg,
mushrooms / Juice from one orange {349 Cal / 22.1g Carbs}
.......................................4 mile walk

Lunch (12pm): Lamb & barley broth {125 Cal / 15.0g Carbs}
Salmon fish cake [frozen, leftovers], sweet potato fries, salad {327 Cal / 35.2g Carbs}
Kiwi, blackberries, yoghurt, pecans {168 Cal / 10.5g Carbs}

Snack (3pm): Banana {61 Cal / 14.0g Carbs}

BG (6pm) 4.2
Dinner (6pm): Spicy tomato soup [made with leftover Nduja ragu] {103 Cal / 9.2g Carbs}
Trout almondine, hasselback potatoes, broad beans, peas {458 Cal / 28.3g Carbs}
Dessert: Malaga ice cream {132 Cal / 23.1g Carbs}

4 cups of coffee too

Calories 1780
Carbs 163.7g
Protein 97.1g
Fat 71.5g (Sat Fat 16.1g / Trans fat 0.3g)

All food cooked from scratch, if you would like any recipes please just ask

My Yesterdays.
B –
‘ala’ Ditto with flaxseed and Soya milk
Mid Morning –
Nowt
L –
Factory Lunch
Hard boiled egg in soy sauce, I had 2. Seaweed, cauliflower with pork and chilli, fried chicken nugget thingys.
Mid Afternoon –
1 Pomegranate thing I think about 10 carbs but basically I have no idea.
D –
Some more heated up sausage casserole and there is more left for tomorrow.
Blackberries and whipped cream.
Mid Evening –
½ bar Ritters Extra Fine Dark choccy and a glass of ice cold, straight out of the fridge soya milk.
About 2.5 litres of coffee.
Iced Water with lime approx. 2.0l.
1l bottled water.
3x400ml bottles Schweppes Lemon Soda water.
I am buying ice cream and cold drinks for all staff because of the heat but I can only drink iced water or soda water and watch them with totally jealousy as they devour various ice cream concoctions.

End for today.

IMG_5938.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back