What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love avocado, eat some almost every day.
Love ALL cheese, including the mouldy stuff.
Olives are OK (sadly can't say I love them, but they slip down easily enough with a glass of something before dinner).

My Yesterdays.
B –
Small Banana
Mid Morning –
Nowt
L –
Factory Lunch
Hang shao rou(pork), Egg in soy sauce, Mixed veggies, green beans with pork..
Mid Afternoon –
Nowt
D –
Out at HongQiao CBD
Chicken hotpot, I have had before.
Mid Evening –
Raspberries and Cream
About 2.5 litres of coffee.
Water with lime approx. 2.0l.
End for today.

IMG_5929.jpgIMG_5930.jpgIMG_5927.jpg

Love avocado, eat some almost every day.
Love ALL cheese, including the mouldy stuff.
Olives are OK (sadly can't say I love them, but they slip down easily enough with a glass of something before dinner).
Absolute Style and total Class.
Olives in a dry Martini, Wonderful.:D
I love Avocado mashed with tuna, and egg mayo or with seafood and especially with smoked salmon and a poached egg or 2.

Aw kentish how dare you,whatever he's paying I'll double,x
Avocado is very good for the skin, that is why at 67 years old I look only 49 😛
Problem here isi that they are so expensive, over £2.50 each but a small price to pay in search of epicurean excellence.

I LOVE olives of all kinds and colours, especially when we are in Spain, somehow they just don't taste as good in the UK. Black unpitted are my favourites, they taste so much better than pitted. I also love the preserved garlic cloves. Can I join the club @Vince_UK ?

Can't stand blue cheese and never tried avocado.

I LOVE olives of all kinds and colours, especially when we are in Spain, somehow they just don't taste as good in the UK. Black unpitted are my favourites, they taste so much better than pitted. I also love the preserved garlic cloves. Can I join the club @Vince_UK ?

Can't stand blue cheese and never tried avocado.
Welcome to the Club @Jeandp
You are more than welcome to joining this exclusive group who demonstrate impeccable appreciation of the culinary arts. 🙂

Made a low carb toad in the hole, thanks @Bubbsie. Then tried to make a low carb cheese cake. The biscuit base was OK but the cheese topping was almost like toffee by the time I had finished cooking it. I made some low carb biscuits with coconut, brazil nuts and a little dark chocolate. Eatable.
Coincidence Benny...that's what I made yesterday...how was it?

Breakfast 2 Quorn sausages I flat mushroom with salsa and mozzarella OLIVES (baked in oven 10 minutes) Lunch Home made chicken,turmeric and veg soup half a wholemeal scone with Red Leicester cheese( son made me the scones) Dinner courgette spaghetti spinach and home made meatballs in a ricotta and cream basil sauce. Snacks. I Apple nuts mixed and 2 mcvities milk chocolate thins 4gcarbs in each No insulin except lantus BGL breakfast 5.3-5.6 Lunch 5.6-4.5 dinner 4.8-4.1

Made a low carb toad in the hole, thanks @Bubbsie. Then tried to make a low carb cheese cake. The biscuit base was OK but the cheese topping was almost like toffee by the time I had finished cooking it. I made some low carb biscuits with coconut, brazil nuts and a little dark chocolate. Eatable.
Maybe you over baked the cheesecake? Baked cheesecakes due have a different texture to non bake types, but shouldn't have turned to toffee. I made some low carb choccy biscuits that were not very nice to eat, so I made them into a cheesecake base & they were perfect. They were way too dry as biscuits.

It might not have been what you expected Benny...but...toffee sounds good to me...did you taste it?:D.

Maybe you over baked the cheesecake? Baked cheesecakes due have a different texture to non bake types, but shouldn't have turned to toffee. I made some low carb choccy biscuits that were not very nice to eat, so I made them into a cheesecake base & they were perfect. They were way too dry as biscuits.
Going to try another cheesecake recipe today...and some low carb pancakes...will let you know how it goes...want to use some strawberries with them...remind me how you make your jam please:D.

Avocado is very good for the skin, that is why at 67 years old I look only 49 😛
Problem here isi that they are so expensive, over £2.50 each but a small price to pay in search of epicurean excellence.
2.50 each they must of seen you coming vince only pennies in Aldi, might give them another go,definitely not on there own tho,can't you have them sent over

2pm 1 egg omelette
4.45 pm 100g chicken 100g cauliflower 100g broccoli 20g peppers 50g aubergine
21.15 100g natural yoghurt 1tangerine
Cals 326
Carbs 22.2
Exercise
2.5 mile walk
0.5 mile jogging
142 mins at gym
And woke to 7.2

My baking skills are basic and I guess my mistakes are beginner's errors. I think I put too much erythritol and not enough cream cheese into the topping and then cooked it way too much. When it cooled down the edge tasted like soft rock candy. I whipped up a little double cream and plopped a dollop on the centre of my creation. That tasted much better and a lot closer to what cheesecake should taste like.
We learn by our mistakes not by our great successes, this weekend was mostly learning.
Benny a lot of the low carb baking is so easy...I've just started a low carb baking thread...I miss baked foods so much...the cooking is easy once you get the right ingredients...that's the hardest part...I'm using ingredients I've never used before...but...so worth it...going to try some low carb cream cheese pancakes later this afternoon...I have a hankering to try them with some crispy bacon & eggs...keep at it...I thought it would still taste good though:D.

2.50 each they must of seen you coming vince only pennies in Aldi, might give them another go,definitely not on there own tho,can't you have them sent over
Try making a guacamole out of the avocado low carb and a nice dip for crudites

Import charges 😱

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back