What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B - jumbo oats, almond milk, raspberries, knob of butter and a coffee
coffee
D - wholemeal sandwich with garlic & herb Philadelphia and 6 slices smoked farmers sausage and a peanut and chocolate protein bar
coffee
T - 2 minute steaks, charlotte potatoes, roast sprouts and a large mushroom, onion gravy and a square 90%
coffee
3 pints water xx

My Yesterdays.
B –
Medium Banana
Mid Morning –
Nowt
L –
Lunch out with customers
Teriyaki mackerel, pickled seaweed, kimchi, fried chicken and a BIG bowl of beef and tomato spicy noodles which I shouldn’t have had but couldn’ t resist.
1hr reading 7.7 ok I thought
2hr reading 8.9 Hmmm I thought, well not exactly those words
3hr reading 6.1 Phew Big Sigh
Taken when home pre dinner 4.8
Don’t know whether to be concerned or ok with that.
Mid Afternoon -
Nowt
D –
2 x 100% beef burgers, fried mushrooms, 2 fried free range and a low carb muffin.
Raspberries and 8 little chocolate and ice cream thingy’s. Sick of whipping cream to be honest.
Mid Evening –
2 sq Cachet 85% glass of soya milk
About 2.5 litres of coffee.
Water with lime approx. 2.0l.
End for today.

IMG_5900.jpg IMG_5896.jpg IMG_5897.jpg IMG_5898.jpg IMG_5899.jpg

My Yesterdays.
B –
Medium Banana
Mid Morning –
Nowt
L –
Lunch out with customers
Teriyaki mackerel, pickled seaweed, kimchi, fried chicken and a BIG bowl of beef and tomato spicy noodles which I shouldn’t have had but couldn’ t resist.
1hr reading 7.7 ok I thought
2hr reading 8.9 Hmmm I thought, well not exactly those words
3hr reading 6.1 Phew Big Sigh
Taken when home pre dinner 4.8
Don’t know whether to be concerned or ok with that.
Mid Afternoon -
Nowt
D –
2 x 100% beef burgers, fried mushrooms, 2 fried free range and a low carb muffin.
Raspberries and 8 little chocolate and ice cream thingy’s. Sick of whipping cream to be honest.
Mid Evening –
2 sq Cachet 85% glass of soya milk
End for today.

View attachment 8511 View attachment 8512 View attachment 8513 View attachment 8514 View attachment 8515

Looks lovely and healthy Vince and I bet you’d swop the lot for a Greggs steak bake! :D

Looks lovely and healthy Vince and I bet you’d swop the lot for a Greggs steak bake! :D
To right I would Amigo LOL and a couple of pies :D

Friday 11/5
FBG (5.30am) 4.2
Snack (6am): Banana {56 Cal / 12.8g Carbs}
.....................................5 mile walk
Breakfast (8am): Toast (one slice, seeded), scrambled eggs, mushrooms,
tomatoes, baked beans / Juice from one grapefruit {298 Cal / 23.1g Carbs}
.....................................5 km on rowing machine

Lunch (12pm): Vegetable broth {110 Cal / 16.0g Carbs}
Turkey & avocado salad, hummus {317 Cal / 9.5g Carbs}
Pear, raspberries, blackcurrants, yoghurt, walnuts {142 Cal / 12.2g Carbs}

........................................3 mile walk
Dinner (6pm): Hake, sweet potato fries, peas, sweetcorn {301 Cal / 31.6g Carbs}
Dessert: Flambed pineapple, vanilla ice cream, passion fruit {128 Cal / 19.2g Carbs}

Snack (9pm): Toast (one slice, seeded), milk {150 Cal / 14.8g Carbs}

4 cups of coffee too

Calories 1548
Carbs 148.5g
Protein 95.9g
Fat 59.3g (Sat Fat 16.7g / Trans fat 0.8g)

All food cooked from scratch, if you would like any recipes please just ask

Breakfast- 150g Greek yogurt 50g blackberries 10g bran flakes(for crunch) lunch ham mozzarella salad and 2 corn cakes 1 apple Lunch- cauliflower rice Thai green curry ( chicken green curry paste coconut milk courgette green beans aubergine) snack 1 bag lentil curls 50g almonds. 2 pieces of green& black dark mint chocolate (5.1g carbs) needed a treat

B: Mackerel in tomato sauce on a low carb muffin
L: Tuna salad
D: Chilli & lime marinated pork belly
Pud: 1 choccy eclair.

Breakfast- 150g Greek yogurt 50g blackberries 10g bran flakes(for crunch) lunch ham mozzarella salad and 2 corn cakes 1 apple Lunch- cauliflower rice Thai green curry ( chicken green curry paste coconut milk courgette green beans aubergine) snack 1 bag lentil curls 50g almonds. 2 pieces of green& black dark mint chocolate (5.1g carbs) needed a treat
Your menu sounds lovely! 🙂 we all need a treat from time to time, I have a square 90% most nights (acquired taste apparently lol) or a 25g bar of 85% chocolate 🙂 xx

Yesterday:

B- Greek yoghurt, coffee
S- coffee
L- 3x egg omelette with cheese, coleslaw & a pepperami. Chocolate mousse. Piece of 85% dark chocolate
D- bolognese with wholemeal pasta. Piece of 85% dark chocolate.

Yesterday
Breakfast 1 toast with slice of ham
Dinner 1 toast with ham and cheese
Tea omelette with bacon sausage mushroom
Snacks
Rice pudding
1 Turkish delight
8 pm fasting for 24 hours till 8 pm sat then trying keto

A very naughty day, new T2s please don’t follow this bad example.
Carb alert
Carbs carbs yet more carbs :(
B. My usual with a large coffee.
L. Liver sausage sarnie, an apple and sparkling water.
D. A large jacket potato with lashings of butter topped with lots of chilli con carne all washed down with a Diet Coke.
Bedtime a small full fat Coke and failed to ignore the hypo hunger. Had a peanut butter sarnie.

Last edited:
Today
B - jumbo oats, almond milk, raspberries, knob of butter and a coffee
coffee
D - wholemeal sandwich with garlic & herb Philadelphia and 5 slices smoked farmers sausage and peanut & choc protein bar
coffee
T - 2 egg ham & mushroom omelette (tried adding a few splashes of tabasco sauce but wasn't strong enough really, will add a few extra dashes next time) boiled charlotte potatoes, steamed green beans and a bar moser roth 85%
coffee
3 pints water throughout the day xx

Today:

B- 100g Greek yoghurt 2x coffee
L- mussels in garlic and white wine, 1 slice wholemeal bread and butter
S- piece 85% dark chocolate
D- grilled seasoned chicken with salad (mixed leaf, mixed peppers, cucumber, grated carrot, sweet corn, olives, feta, red onion, beetroot bacon bits, coleslaw)
S- piece 85% dark chocolate

Going to attempt to not eat anything else tonight!

Saturday 12/5
FBG (5.30am) Not measured today

Breakfast 1 (6am): Porridge (made with almond milk), raspberries,
blueberries, walnuts {279 Cal / 36.2g Carbs}
.....................................2 mile walk
.....................................5 km on rowing machine
Breakfast 2 (8am): Toast (one slice, seeded), scrambled eggs, bacon, mushrooms,
tomatoes, baked beans / Juice from one orange {330 Cal / 24.9g Carbs}

Lunch (12pm): Vegetable broth {86 Cal / 11.7g Carbs}
Prawn & avocado salad, hummus {240 Cal / 8.5g Carbs}
Peach, strawberries, yoghurt, pecans {135 Cal / 11.1g Carbs}

Snack (4pm): Chocolate cake [small piece] {162 Cal / 18.7g Carbs}
.....................................3 mile walk

Dinner (6pm): Game casserole [leftovers], squash & sweet potato mash,
green beans {298 Cal / 25.1g Carbs}
Dessert: Summer fruits, vanilla ice cream {84 Cal / 10.1g Carbs}

4 cups of coffee too

Calories 1698
Carbs 156.2g
Protein 103.3g
Fat 62.6g (Sat Fat 17.9g / Trans fat 0.7g)

All food cooked from scratch, if you would like any recipes please just ask

I am a bit of a duffer at food and a creature of Habit. Yesterday ...... For Breakfast. small bowl of blueberries and a nice BIG dollop of Lidl Skir Blueberry Yoghurt. More Tea than is really sensible! Lunch a trip to Bohemia Restaurant in St Neots. Two sausages, Two poached Eggs, Avocado and Spinach (Raw) and a Latte! Diner. A fresh Tuna Steak and Salad followed by an Apple...

I sometimes have a generous helping of double cream on my breakfast fruit. With one or two exceptions I use the rule of "Grown above ground" for Carbs. BG tends to be mid 6's in the morning on waking and then going into 5's in the day if I am sorta active. A bit of good exercise can drop it into the mid 4's. About to have my second Annual MOT. Probably put on a couple of kilo over the year so looking to correct that. There is more fat in my diet so cholesterol reading will be interesting.

The one thing I have found is that once the "cold turkey" of diagnosis passes and confidence in diet and food returns its a long process of settling down into a regime that works for YOU. I was on two 500mg Metformin a day but I am now on just the one checking to see if Breakfast or Evening Meal works best for me.

Running WITHOUT has worked my BG settling high 5's or 6's and if I binge a Chinese it can go to 7.3 or so on waking. I am chatting with the doctor about the benefits of staying on one Metformin rather than non as I have fatty liver and I am sure the Metformin has been a big factor in me losing a good bit of weight!

Like MOST I am guilty of NOT making time for regular programmed exercise so the bike is coming back out just a trip round the town every day and stopping for that compulsory Latte.. works!

My Yesterdays.
B – Small Banana
Camembert de Campagne cheese with vine tomatoes.
Mid Morning –
3 sq Cachet 85%
L –
Mid Afternoon -
Vine toms, blue cheese and boiled ham
½ block Ritter Extra Fine Dark.
D –
Ribeye steak with 2 fried free range and a few baked beans, long time since I had any beans
Raspberries and whipped cream
Had to much choccy today
Mid Evening –
Nowt
End for today.

B - bacon sandwich on wholemeal, tea

L - 3 way chicken burger with salad & chorizo, few chips, mayo (only ate half the bun that had the cheese on)

D - chilli tuna sandwich but only ate half, piece of cheddar cheese, tea

Snacks - few Lindor orange chocolates (late birthday present), also sneaked a few of my son’s Munchies 😉

Supper - slice toast and hot milk with tot of brandy (fighting off a cold)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back