What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
........ I eat very boring food, I enjoy it though. 😛

And that's what is important!

I struggle with plain, dry food. I like my food with a bit of a kick and wet!!

As a child when I had to help my mother with the weekly food shop when we were in Littlewoods food hall (always last shop as bus stop at rear so not far to carry bags) I always had a slice of Irish Cheddar as my treat instead of sweets. My sister used to have cockles from the market! Such odd children!

Today
B. Scrambled egg on 1 slice toasted multigrain wholemeal + 1/2 slice toast with a tad of shredded marmalade, cup of decaf tea.
No snacking but had I cup skinny latte
L. Small bowl homemade veg soup
Eve.meal. mini whole cauliflower in red pepper with a little drizzled cheese, broccoli, 2 small tinned plum tomatoes & 1 baby corn. 1/2 glass rose wine.
1000mls water throughout the day & evening.

BGLs Type2.
Before breakfast: 5.4 - 2hrs later: 8.1 !
Before lunch 5.6 - 2hrs later 5.3
Didn't test before evening meal but 2 1/2hrs later: 4.6.
I won't test again till tomorrow....fingers & thumbs sore from needles !!!

*Bought 2 purple wristbands last week from Diabetes shop: inscriptions a) Type2 Diabetes and b) I'm not drunk, I'm diabetic. Gives me a sense of security when out & about.

Tofu puffs sound tasty ☺. Take care

Last edited:
Yesterday.
B: slice of ham topped with slice of cheese & scrambled egg.
L: ham & cheese toastie on Burgen.
D: home made chicken curry with cauli rice. Hotter than expected, but still enjoyable.

Haven't been here for a few days so
Yesterday
B - honey roast ham and mayo roll and a biscuit
D - duster yellow fin sole with lemon and parsley, petits pois, 1 potato waffle and mayo
T - half a ham and chicken omelette, 1 slice 50/50 bread and mayo (yes I like mayo lol)
Today
B - 2 toasted waffles with butter
D - bacon and fried egg sandwich with mayo
T - 2 aberdeen angus burgers. 2 yorkshire puddings, petits pois, gravy and 2 biscuits x

Menu for Saturday 210117
BG 5.4 @ 6.33am - Bottle water with fibre

Breakfast:
2 Scrambled Eggs, 3oz tomatoes, 3oz onion, corned beef plus bacon grill
Pt Aspirin water, meds and a cod liver oil capsule
BG 6.6 @ 10.53pm

Lunch:
BG 5.2 @ 12.56pm
Chicken leg, 2 wings, 5oz spring onions
Bottle water throughout the afternoon.

Dinner:
BG 5.3 @ 5.06pm
4 thin lamb chops, samphire with knob butter, blob mustard
BG 5.6 @ 6.30pm
BG 5.5 @ 7.31pm
Bottle water and a Levothyroxine pill.
BG 5.5 @ 3.36am for interest sake...

After loo - 15 stones 5.0 pounds on the digital scales...
Tum = 49 1/2
I need to get back to Buddha routine, breakfast at 10 and dinner at 5...I shouldn't have lunch, it's not as if I'm going down a mine or ploughing a field. I'm just sat here reading or watching tv or on this laptop. :D

Waking BG at 11am - had a lie in was 7. Not sure where that came from as was well below that at bedtime!

Lunch: Obviously missed brekkie so had left overs at 12pm of cauliflower Bhaji and 1/2 onion bhaji

Tea : too early for dinner but went fir coastal walk and had bowl of tomato and basil soup with 1/3 of hut bread roll it came with. Plus 4 of my companions leftover chunky chips!

Supper: slice of burgen bread with butter. Two greedy handfuls of Indian spicy mix (Xmas leftovers) with glass of white wine.

Retired to bed on BG 5.3

OH snoring so tempted to restrict his airways!

Hi everyone. I'd love to hear your thoughts re: Sugar coated tablets taken regularly over a long period of time (years).....as to whether they affect BGLs?

Wirralass.
Type2 since April 2016
February 2016. Weight 11st 7lbs ... January 2017 9st 11lbs (Plateau'd November 2016)
January 2016 Waist....41" - January 2017 ...33"
BGL's range between 4.2mmol - 6.6mmol apart from one glitch 8.1mmol....21 January 2017. But mainly in the 5's. Yeah!
Initially Glucophage metformin, then prescribed Sukkarto SR metformin. Have been taken off that medi too. (I couldn't tolerate either of them)
Diet & exercise till next review.

B Heck Chicken Sausages - very nice with Mustard on!
L - 2 boiled eggs & slice of Burgen toast
D - Roasted Stuffed Peppers with Cauli rice replacing the white rice.

Yesterday.
B: Bacon sarnie on Burgen bread
L: Pork scratchings & handful of peanuts, Nature Valley protein bar
D: Moussaka (from Tom Kerridge book)
2 squares of 85% choc.

Hi everyone. I'd love to hear your thoughts re: Sugar coated tablets taken regularly over a long period of time (years).....as to whether they affect BGLs?
No, the amount of sugar will be negligible, shouldn't have any impact at all 🙂

Today
B - 2 toasted waffles with butter
10ish - sachet options choc orange
D - 2 scrambled eggs mixed with cheese on a sandwich with mayo
2;30ish - cup of roasted hazelnut coffee, milk
T - yellow fin sole lemon and parsley, 1 potato waffle, 80g petits pois, some mayo and half a can of sf irn bru
after tea - cup of coffee, milk x

Yesterday.
B: Greek yoghurt, berries, nuts & seeds
L: Left over home made burger in Lidl protein roll
D: Sausage bake.
Also had some sugar free orange chocolate. Warning on packet about Polyols. Ate half of the 75g bar with no laxative effect.:D

Internet connection down again yesterday, so frustrating. :(

Menu for Monday 230117 (a high day!) :(
BG 6.2 @ 6.36am - Bottle water with fibre
Breakfast:
2 rashers pork (got this very thinly sliced as don't know where to get nitrate free bacon!) 2 eggs, onions, garlics done in the oven (trying to do that thing like Mark) 🙂
BG 6.3 @ 12.14am I do not like being in the sixes, this will be because of yesterday's rice?
Dinner:
Roast pork and cabbage with knob butter and a blob of mustard.
BG 6.3 @ 8.32pm
BG 6.1 @ 10.25pm

First thing...
After loo - 15 stones 3.6 pounds on the digital scales...
Tum = 49

Menu for Sunday 220117
BG 5.8 @ 8.43am - Bottle water with fibre
Breakfast:
Scrambled eggs, M&S cheese roulade, garlics onions
Dinner:
Chicken Curry and white Rice.
BG 8.2@ 8.13pm (Is it worth it once a week? Is this an acceptable spike? Next week I'll have Basmati rice.)

First thing...
After loo - 15 stones 3.8 pounds on the digital scales...
Tum = 49

Last edited:
Internet connection down again yesterday, so frustrating. :(

Menu for Monday 230117 (a high day!) :(
BG 6.2 @ 6.36am - Bottle water with fibre
Breakfast:
2 rashers pork (got this very thinly sliced as don't know where to get nitrate free bacon!) 2 eggs, onions, garlics done in the oven (trying to do that thing like Mark) 🙂
BG 6.3 @ 12.14am I do not like being in the sixes, this will be because of yesterday's rice?
Dinner:
Roast pork and cabbage with knob butter and a blob of mustard.
BG 6.3 @ 8.32pm
BG 6.1 @ 10.25pm

First thing...
After loo - 15 stones 3.6 pounds on the digital scales...
Tum = 49
Those are very steady levels throughout the day @Ditto, and good numbers too! Remember, being between 5 and 7 is really good and you're sla bang in the middle, so don't be concerned by low 6s 🙂

Well that's a relief...what about my spike to over 8 for having the rice though? I edited...I want to have curry and rice once a week but not if it will risk my health. :(

Last edited:
Well that's a relief...what about my spike to over 8 for having the rice though? I edited...I want to have curry and rice once a week but not if it will risk my health. :(

Ditto, you're really being too hard on yourself trying to stay in the 5's and 6's even after the odd more substantial meal.
NICE guidelines say no more than 8.5 two hours after a meal so the odd 8 isn't a major spike.

I agree with @Amigo, @Ditto - certainly if your rise after eating is 3 mmol/l or less then it's not actually a spike, so don't worry that the curry and rice took you to 8 mmol/l, your body is perfectly able to deal with that 🙂

Thank you for that. I will continue to monitor my Sunday rice but will have it and look forward to it! 😛

I sort of gave up crisps about 6 months after diagnosis - used to love 'em, especially Worcester Sauce and Smoky Bacon. When I last bought them they were 35p a packet at my local Co-op, noticed yesterday that they are now 60p! 😱 That's 12/-!!!

So you remember the old currency too then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back