What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B - Omelet - Mushroom Cheese
L - Left over chicken leg
S - left over chicken breast (thank god that the left over chicken is finished......)
D - Chicken thigh (fresh) & salad

I only ever use full cream milk. It's hell, in Scotland, it's illegal to sell unpasteurised milk here, which was ever my favourite for cornflakes. None of these other milk substitutes do it for me, and some are vile. If I had to drink skimmed milk for the rest of my days I would jump into the sound of Mull and wave goodbye.

Anyway:

B: cappuccino (full cream milk froth, I might say) chocolate sprinkles
L: small pork pie, English mustard, fresh tomato
D: cottage pie, mixed veg (enough left for the two of us tomorrow)

Hi It must have been a pretty large chicken to last that long Martin ! Just as well there's two of you to devour it. Cottage pie is one of my favourite meals, in fact I'm making that tomorrow but with turkey mince instead of beef. It will be a 1st but my elder daughter suggested it. It will probably look a bit insipid but until I eat it I won't know if my taste buds like it. Just taken my BG & it's 7.8mmol. That's quite a jump from yesterday's 4.3mmol. Can't win, oh well, wondering what it will be next time. Hope you're well, take care.​

Hi It must have been a pretty large chicken to last that long Martin ! Just as well there's two of you to devour it. Cottage pie is one of my favourite meals, in fact I'm making that tomorrow but with turkey mince instead of beef. It will be a 1st but my elder daughter suggested it. It will probably look a bit insipid but until I eat it I won't know if my taste buds like it. Just taken my BG & it's 7.8mmol. That's quite a jump from yesterday's 4.3mmol. Can't win, oh well, wondering what it will be next time. Hope you're well, take care.​
I make cottage pies quite regularly. I use mashed cauliflower for the topping. Mashed with some butter & topped with cheese, it's really delicious & very low carb compared to potatoes. I have also used other mashed veg such as butternut squash, celeriac, swede & turnip. Makes a nice variation.

Yesterday:
B: Greek yoghurt, berries, nuts & seeds (weighed everything & works out at 13g carb, but I did have more yoghurt than normal as I used up the pot).
L: Slice of Burgen toast & peanut butter, a few 'real' pork scratchings from the butcher
S: Nature Valley nut & choc bar (9g carb)
D: Home made Jerk beef burgers in Burgen thins. Yes! Burgen do thins now. They have 2 types, the lowest carb being Chia seed (16g carb)
2 squares 85% choccy.
Bottle of red wine (between the two of us)

Snap ! I too frequently use mashed cauliflower as a topping. Have you tried slicing it then roasting it with other choice veggies to have with say fish or chicken. Ive also shredded cauli as an alternative to basmati rice which I love anyway. Last week I bought potato mash with garlic. Haven't tried it yet, it's in the freezer ! If i do then I'll make some of my own & freeze in small portions. Carrot & swede mash is another of my favourites, i sometimes put that under the grill to make it crispy. Cuppa time so bye for now, take care.

I cheat & buy my cauli rice from Aldi.

Hello Northerner, how are you doing?

At 01.25hrs my bgl was 7.8mmol
At 06.00hrs before breakfast it was 5.4.
2hrs after breakfast (scrambled egg, 1 slice of malted whole grain bread, toasted, 1 cup of tea with 1 sweetener) it was 8.1.

I can't win, where the heck am I going wrong ? On Thursday my bgl was 4.3!
Diabetes will be the ruin of me I think, but I suppose there's bound to be good and bad days.... and so to continue my quest to reverse my diabetes or am I on another planet to think that ? Sorry to blab on, tired, very little sleep last night...Again! Take care.

Sorry to hear you are struggling. I think the bread was the culprit this morning.

Sorry to hear you are struggling. I think the bread was the culprit this morning.
Thank you, I think you're probably right. I'll skip the bread today & tomorrow to see how that pans out so to speak. Take care.

At 01.25hrs my bgl was 7.8mmol
At 06.00hrs before breakfast it was 5.4.
2hrs after breakfast (scrambled egg, 1 slice of malted whole grain bread, toasted, 1 cup of tea with 1 sweetener) it was 8.1.

I can't win, where the heck am I going wrong ? On Thursday my bgl was 4.3!
Diabetes will be the ruin of me I think, but I suppose there's bound to be good and bad days.... and so to continue my quest to reverse my diabetes or am I on another planet to think that ? Sorry to blab on, tired, very little sleep last night...Again! Take care.
Very difficult to compare one day with another, it only really makes sense to look for patterns. Although food is the most significant factor in how our blood sugar levels behave, it's far from being the only factor. The fact that you are feeling tired might be playing a part, for example, as other hormones may go up or down depending on how we are feeling. The 8.1 at two hours is actually very good and a result like that certainly wouldn't worry me, especially if I was back nearer my pre-breakfast number before my next meal 🙂

B: egg, sausage and bacon ( 1 of each)
L: chicken curry no rice
Snack : cherries picked out of slice of fruit cake! My friend didn't like the cherries.
D: starter satay chicken. Main chicken panang with 3 spoonfuls of jasmine rice. Dessert about 5 pieces of mango on rice pudding with cream over. Only ate a few mouthfuls of rice. Glass of red wine.

Really pleased BG after dinner 6.1 rose a bit at third hour to 6.7 and dropped again before bed to 6.3

Very difficult to compare one day with another, it only really makes sense to look for patterns. Although food is the most significant factor in how our blood sugar levels behave, it's far from being the only factor. The fact that you are feeling tired might be playing a part, for example, as other hormones may go up or down depending on how we are feeling. The 8.1 at two hours is actually very good and a result like that certainly wouldn't worry me, especially if I was back nearer my pre-breakfast number before my next meal 🙂
Thank you Northerner, I really appreciate your comments. It's given me food for thought & I feel more at ease now compared to earlier. (worry is my second name)! 8.1 is the highest bgl I have ever had since April 2016 - 4.2 being the lowest as @april 2016 when I was diagnosed. I believe it was the HbA1c figure that condemned me which was 47mmol/mol. Even so, that's not bad is it. My trigs at that time was 2.58.
I know I'm one of thousands to have Diabetes but it is a nightmare for me, its taken over my life as there is so much to think about : diet, what I can or can't eat; exercise etc etc etc. Really wish i had a magic wand for each & every one of us x I think my annual review is not too far away so fingers crossed. Thank you once again, hope you are ok, take care.

@wirralass, 47 mmol/mol (your HbA1c number) is just below what would normally prompt a diagnosis (which would be 48 mmol/mol). As such, I think you need to be vigilant, but please don't become over-anxious. Keep doing what you are doing, it's working well 🙂

B: egg, sausage and bacon ( 1 of each)
L: chicken curry no rice
Snack : cherries picked out of slice of fruit cake! My friend didn't like the cherries.
D: starter satay chicken. Main chicken panang with 3 spoonfuls of jasmine rice. Dessert about 5 pieces of mango on rice pudding with cream over. Only ate a few mouthfuls of rice. Glass of red wine.

Really pleased BG after dinner 6.1 rose a bit at third hour to 6.7 and dropped again before bed to 6.3
Stop it Grogg1 !!! Mango rice pudding & cream? You're making me feel oh so hungry & my tea isn't ready yet! Take care.

Stop it Grogg1 !!! Mango rice pudding & cream? You're making me feel oh so hungry & my tea isn't ready yet! Take care.
Not something I would of ordered and I wasn't having dessert but DD ordered it but didn't like it. So, so good!

Today:
B: nothing
L: Tofu Puffs - which DD discovered while in HK and bought from Chinese supermarket. She cooked them in satay sauce and made kebabs for me with mangetout and peppers. So nice
D: Going to order an Indian takeaway. Kochi murgh, 1/4 portion of cauliflower bhaji and 1/2 onion bhaji. Curry was very, very hot and spicy.

2 glasses of red wine.

Last edited:
Y'all eat such interesting food. I eat very boring food, I enjoy it though. 😛

Menu for Friday 200117
BG 5.7 @ 5.58am - Bottle water with fibre
Breakfast @ 10.35am:
250g Longley Farm Cottage Cheese.
(This was a mistake, had cottage cheese two days on the trot plus the texture was different and then it spiked my blood sugar!)
Pt Aspirin water, meds and a cod liver oil capsule
BG 6.2 @ 11.35am
1f62e.png
I do not like being in the sixes.
Lunch:
Half can corned beef, 2 tomatoes, 2 eggs fried in butter
Bottle water throughout the afternoon.
Dinner:
Large slice gammon, 3 boiled eggs, mayo.
BG 5.5 @ 5.54pm
Bottle water and a Levothyroxine pill.
BG 5.4 @ 11.31pm

First thing...
After loo - 15 stones 5.2 pounds on the digital scales...
Tum = 49 1/2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back