I didn't know there was such a thing as Coconut Flour. 🙂

Menu for Tuesday 170117
BG 6.2 @ 5.54 - Bottle water with fibre

Breakfast:
4oz cheese (melted), large can tuna, 2 large eggs scrambled in butter
Pt Aspirin water, meds and a cod liver oil capsule

Lunch:
Bottle water throughout the afternoon.
Wedge Brie, 4oz tomato, 4oz cucumber - bowl of strawberries with cream and a teaspoonful of sugar :O
BG 5.9 @ 3.52

Dinner @ 7.00 pm:
4 rashers bacon, scrambled eggs (3) with butter, 4oz tomatoes
6.0 @ 8.04 pm
5.5 @ 9.09 pm
Bottle water and a Levothyroxine pill.

First thing yesterday morning after loo - 15 stones 6.2 pounds on the digital scales...Tum = 49>
Oh yes there is.🙂 I use coconut flour & almond flour in my baking. Both much lower carb than wheat flour. Act very differently than wheat flour, so take a bit of experimenting when using it. I have posted a few recipes in the recipe section using these flours.

Anyone tried making Yorkshire Pudding with Coconut Flour? Up here in Yorkshire we're very particular about our National dish!!!! 🙄😎
It's best to mix coconut & almond flour together as this is closer to wheat flour. I will try it sometime, but I think the Yorkshires will be more dense than with regular flour.

Yesterday:
B: Greek yoghurt with berries, nuts & seeds (I've recently just added nuts & seeds & it makes it very filling)
L: Tuna & prawn salad, pumpkin 9 bar (just discovered 9 bars. Very nice)
D: Pork chops in tomato with med veg
2 squares 85% choccy.

Yesterday
B - 2 toasted waffles with butter
D - 2 slices 50/50 toast with ham roll and mayo
T - was meant to be minute steaks, carrots, yorkies and gravy but when the minute steaks were opened they smelt off so as everyone else decided on a chippy and me still not being confident for that I had to settle for 2 burgers that were in the freezer, 2 yorkies and some mayo x

B - cappuccino and a couple of Rich Tea biccies
L - Scotch Broth and a Ryvita
D - battered fish and four or five chips, low fat yogurt and satsuma

All part of the weight loss plan. I don't think I eat as much as my 2 year old grandson!

B - scrambled egg and fresh salmon on 1 piece toast

L - tuna and cheese panini with salad

D - Roast pork with 2 boiled potatoes, spring greens, mashed swede and 1 YP

Snack - 2 toffees

B - Omelet - Mushroom & cheese
L - Chicken leg
D - Steak (7oz), mushrooms sautéed butter & White Wine, asparagus, 1/2 fried tomato

Thursday - 190117
After loo - 15 stones 4.8 pounds on the digital scales...
Tum = 49 1/2
Really pleased with that weight, thereagain it could go right back up again tomorrow. I know not to take too much notice, it's just for guidance. Nice feeling though when the scales show a loss.

BG 5.9 @ 7.34am - Bottle water with fibre
Breakfast @ 10.35am:
250g Longley Farm Cottage Cheese.
(Carb per 100g 2.2g of which sugars 2.1g / 104kcal)
BG 5.6 @ 12.21pm

Dinner:
BG 5.2 @ 5.06pm
4 Pork Bellies, 7oz Riced Cauli with butter, 5oz Green Beans.
Bottle water and a Levothyroxine pill before bed.

Menu for Wednesday 180117
BG 5.9 @ 6.19 - Bottle water with fibre
Breakfast:
Half a can of Corned Beef and 2 Eggs fried in butter.
Lunch:
Half a can of Corned Beef and half a medium cucumber with mayo.
BG 5.7 @ 4.38
Dinner:
Large can Salmon, 3oz Tomato, 3oz Onions.
Bottle water and a Levothyroxine pill.
BG 5.4 @ 10.27 pm

Last edited:
Yesterday :
B : bacon sandwich nimble bread
L: beef stew with cabbage and cauliflower
T: cheese sandwich, slice of artic roll and two quality street :0
A weight watcher yogurt before bed x

I can't remember yesterday so today:
B: Chunk of cheese and 30g peanuts
L: Chicken in blackbean sauce (HM in staff canteen). No rice
D: Zero carb tagliatelle with yellow pepper, sugar snap bean, mini corn, green dairy free pesto, garlic and chilli with mozzarella cheese.

Drinks 3 cups of tea (1 morning, 2 evening). No snacks.

No appetite today for no reason. Dinner this evening was homemade turkey stew served with one of my favourite veggies...broccoli. No dessert. Just water. I drink about 1000mls per day. No snacking today. What's going on I Wonder?!

I can't remember yesterday so today:
L: Chicken in blackbean sauce (HM in staff canteen). No rice
D: Zero carb tagliatelle with yellow pepper, sugar snap bean, mini corn, green dairy free pesto, garlic and chilli with mozzarella cheese.

Drinks 3 cups of tea (1 morning, 2 evening). No snacks.

Just remembered yesterday's food!
L: Roast chicken, coleslaw and salad.
D: Chicken & Broccoli cooked in double cream and white wine.

Hi Grogg1. Well done for keeping on top of your mmol & HBA1C. Mine have varied over the last few weeks between 4.9 - 7.4. Tonight 2hrs after eating evening meal it was 4.3. Thats .1 more than when i was initially diagnosed T2 last April. I tend not to eat cheese unless I mix it in with scrambled eggs. I also use KoKo alternative to milk on cereals, its soya & lactose free, contains Calcium and vitamins D2 & B12. Energy 117kj/28cal per 100ml. Have you tried It? Good luck in your effort to lose another stone in weight, one day at a time eh? Take care.

Hi Grogg1. Well done for keeping on top of your mmol & HBA1C. Mine have varied over the last few weeks between 4.9 - 7.4. Tonight 2hrs after eating evening meal it was 4.3. Thats .1 more than when i was initially diagnosed T2 last April. I tend not to eat cheese unless I mix it in with scrambled eggs. I also use KoKo alternative to milk on cereals, its soya & lactose free, contains Calcium and vitamins D2 & B12. Energy 117kj/28cal per 100ml. Have you tried It? Good luck in your effort to lose another stone in weight, one day at a time eh? Take care.
. Not tried that milk. Is it vegan ? I don't mind soya milk but only usually have milk in my tea as I don't eat cereal but as my taste buds change might try milk alternative as a drink.

I've only once been that low after food! That's so good but how were you diagnosed if only in the 4s?

No appetite today for no reason. Dinner this evening was homemade turkey stew served with one of my favourite veggies...broccoli. No dessert. Just water. I drink about 1000mls per day. No snacking today. What's going on I Wonder?!
I often have low appetite days but am hungry at the same time- I just don't fancy any food.

Hi again. It's made of coconut milk but it's flavour isn't too strong. The only thing is it does darken the colour of tea &/or coffee, making it look thick so I don't use as much as I would if I were using skimmed milk. Takes a while to get accustomed to a different taste but give it a try anyway, see what you think unless of course there is a reason why you shouldn't drink it. Take care. Oh and happy belated birthday greetings
***Oh & KoKo is cholesterol free too.

Last edited:
I only ever use full cream milk. It's hell, in Scotland, it's illegal to sell unpasteurised milk here, which was ever my favourite for cornflakes. None of these other milk substitutes do it for me, and some are vile. If I had to drink skimmed milk for the rest of my days I would jump into the sound of Mull and wave goodbye.

Anyway:

B: cappuccino (full cream milk froth, I might say) chocolate sprinkles
L: small pork pie, English mustard, fresh tomato
D: cottage pie, mixed veg (enough left for the two of us tomorrow)

B - 2 slices Burgen bread toast, 1 with peanut butter and one with honey. Cup tea.
L - 3 seeded ryvita with egg mayo, yoghurt, small clementine and 4 strawberries.
D - 3 slices Tesco thin crust chicken and bacon pizza, salad.
Wanted higher carbs for dinner, hence the pizza, as archery last night which reduces my BG.
Evening - cup chamomile tea.

B. Muesli, mixed seeds, yogurt
Mid am, Cappuccino.Handful of cashew nuts
L.Taramasalata on Ryvita thins, half an apple, satsuma, 2sq 90% dark choc
D. Omelette with tomatoes, red pepper, courgettes,
Before bed Snack, One slice rye sourdough toast and butter

Yesterday:
B: pack of M&S gluten free cocktail sausages
L: Tuna & prawn salad (must have something different next week)
D: Gammon steak, mushrooms, egg, peas & chips
Pud: Chioux bun.
Thursday night i'm at my Brother's, & as he insists a dinner is not complete without potatoes, rice or pasta, or pudding, I now see it as my treat night
Tested 2 hrs after though, & was only 6.9. Don't know what I was before dinner though, but probably high 4's/low 5's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back