What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing wrong with lidl they can be dear sometimes tho,x
I've not found that Lidl are dear but I don't use the shops here, my granddad gets the bus to the next town to get the shopping at Tesco's 6 days of the week as he's got a bus pass, would cost me a fiver just to get there and back!! xx

I've not found that Lidl are dear but I don't use the shops here, my granddad gets the bus to the next town to get the shopping at Tesco's 6 days of the week as he's got a bus pass, would cost me a fiver just to get there and back!! xx
Love Tesco but nearest one is 3 and half mile got Iceland,Aldi lidl asda all about mile or so away, but only small stores,x

Love Tesco but nearest one is 3 and half mile got Iceland,Aldi lidl asda all about mile or so away, but only small stores,x
We have a Spar and a co-op in Sandwich but both are more expensive than Tesco. I get my shopping delivered and find I don't spend as much because I order just what we need rather than browsing the isles and picking random stuff up and of course since diagnosis I'm not tempted by lots of lovely food I can't eat anymore :(

Our nearest supermarket (Aldi) is 5 miles away, Tesco & Lidl are 7 miles & anything else is at least 20 miles away. Annoying when you forget something. Life in the sticks.:D

Do Tesco not deliver to your address @Kaylz?
Yes they would but there's no storage space to do a big shop, we only have a 2 drawer freezer so we cant store things in it, and why not just get it fresh everyday if I can? xx

L (well afternoon snack at about 1500) - Last of the Easter ham
D - Chicken breast breaded in pork dust (ground pork rinds) & Brussels Sprouts tossed in melted butter both cooked in the air fryer

B. Was extra hungry, 3 slices 😱 wholemeal bread and peanut butter and a large coffee.
L. Not hungry, sparkling water.
S. Coffee and 2 gingernuts.
D. Roast turkey, jersey potatoes with butter and mint , peas and a Coke Zero.
S. Macadamia nuts, unfortunately I did a repeat of last night, lucky I’ve no more in the cupboard and after the last 2 nights performance it’ll be a while before I buy any more as I obviously can’t be trusted around them and I don’t need the calories.

Add to yesterday - 10pm - 2 vanilla Viennese thins
B - jumbo oats, raspberries, butter and a coffee
coffee
D - wholemeal g&h philly and smoked Bavarian ham sandwich, salted caramel protein bar
coffee
T - ham and mushroom omelette, charlotte potatoes, green beans and 2 squares 90%
coffee
3 pints water during the day, 1 out of my relatively new glass now broken 🙄 xx

Our nearest supermarket (Aldi) is 5 miles away, Tesco & Lidl are 7 miles & anything else is at least 20 miles away. Annoying when you forget something. Life in the sticks.:D
Your so lucky mark just my kind of place, love to live in middle of nowhere,

We have a Spar and a co-op in Sandwich but both are more expensive than Tesco. I get my shopping delivered and find I don't spend as much because I order just what we need rather than browsing the isles and picking random stuff up and of course since diagnosis I'm not tempted by lots of lovely food I can't eat anymore :(
That is a good idea scousebird,but Mrs as to go in town everyday anyway so just picks up what we need,x

14/04/18
07:10 (BS 7.3) 8 units Novorapid. Made it through the night with no drops & BS is starting to rise so, back to normal doses today!
07:20 Breakfast 547.02cals 34.9g carbs
2 poached eggs 158cals 0g carbs
100g smoked salmon tesco 159.22cals 2.83g carbs
2 slices toast kingsmill no crusts 50/50 94cals 17g carbs
10g pure butter dromona 72.8cals 0.07g carbs
150ml cranberry juice ocean spray 63cals 15g carbs (BS 9.2)

12:40 (BS 10.6) 6 units Novorapid 31 units Levemir & all other meds.
13:00 Lunch 378cals 29.9g carbs
4 veg fingers baked birds eye 210cals 26g carbs
1 chicken chargrill birds eye 142cals 3.9g carbs
200ml unsweetened almond milk alpro 26cals 0g carbs (BS 10.6)
Slept straight after tesing.

15/04/18
00:00 woke up & weight 74.1 kilos, a day earlier than usual but, I was monitoring it these past few days anyway. Was going up & down with the bloating & relieved to see it end up, post bloating, at a better than I expected figure! Monday morning’s weigh-in is the one that counts.
Estimated, from mySugr app on iPhone posted by Flower, HbA1c has gone up slightly from 57.5, before these last few days of fluctuations, to 58.5.

00:34 Dinner (BS 7.2) 574.96cals 55.5g carbs 8 units Novorapid sleeping & waking again.
130g salmon fillet tesco baked 271.96cals 0g carbs
150g Sauté potatoes asda 240cals 40.5g carbs
150ml cranberry juice ocean spray 63cals 15g carbs
(1x90ml solero exotic ice cream 98.1cals 18g carbs DID NOT EAT 673.06cals 73.5g carbs +2 units)

Learnt from before & added up the cals & carbs but, only injected my usual amount, just in case I didn’t eat all of it. If so; extra afterwards. I think it’s a good compromise? I didn’t eat the ice cream! That’s the morale of a story told by my mum, passed down through generations.

A poor farmer, who had nothing to eat with his rice, saw a toad hop by. He caught it to have with his dinner. He had some rice & tried to pick up the cooked toad. But, it kept slipping through his chopsticks. He had some more rice & tried again. No luck! He finished all of his rice, & was full, without managing to eat the toad! The rice was what he needed to stay alive & the toad was superfluous!

02:51 (BS 11.3) umm! Maybe I needed those +2 units after all: put it down to experience. I not sure yet but, it seems that amount of cals affects my BS more than the carbs? Will have to ask dietian on 24/04/18!

Today:

B- Cornflakes (last time as the spike is crap), shame as I like them.
L- Pate & toast, Brie, salad- baby gem, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, celery, pepper, coleslaw
D- Burger & Halloumi. BBQ sauce. Red pepper. Mars ice cream

Saturday 14/4
FBG (5.30am) - Not measured today
Breakfast 1 (5.30am): Porridge (made with almond milk), pear,
blueberries, walnuts {305 Cal / 37.2g Carbs}
...............................2 mile walk
...............................5 km on rowing machine
Breakfast 2 (8am): Toast (one slice, seeded), avocado,
peanut butter {308 Cal / 21.5g Carbs}

Lunch (12pm): Quiche Lorraine, fries, salad / Mercurey (8 oz) {570 Cal / 40.3g Carbs}
Rhubarb charlotte, vanilla ice cream {225 Cal / 32.0g Carbs}

...............................3 mile walk

Dinner (6pm): Turkey meatballs, spaghetti, Nduja ragu {449 Cal / 33.2g Carbs}

Dessert (9pm): Blackberries, raspberries, yoghurt, almonds {141 Cal / 11.0g Carbs}

4 cups of coffee too

Calories 2084
Carbs 182.6g
Protein 79.6g
Fat 82.4g (Sat Fat 23.6g / Trans fat 0.7g)

All food cooked from scratch, if you would like any recipes please just ask

Your so lucky mark just my kind of place, love to live in middle of nowhere,
Oh, we love it. We live on what was a farm once, it's now an equestrian centre. We have horses in all the fields around us.🙂

My brain just ain't working this morning. I know I had a cheese omelette for breakfast but no idea what I had for lunch. Tea was a variety of sheesh kebabs with a Greek salad & home baked protein roll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back