What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Todays, today because tomorrow I will be in Seoul.
B –
Small banana
Medium Orange
Mid Morning –
Calvo Mediterranean Salad
L –
Lunch Out
Light lunch today :D
Mapo tofu of course, Chinese sausage with spicy sauce, pork with a very spicy Sambal chilli sauce, meatball soup with quail eggs, tofu soup, steamed buns with pork and peppers (I had 2). Chinese green tea.
Mid afternoon –
Nowt
When got home –
4 Sq Russian 90% glass of soya milk
D –
Smoked salmon, vine toms and blue cheese.
Blackberries in whipped cream.
Mid Evening –
Nowt
About 2.5 litres of coffee.
Water with Lemon approx. 0.5l.
End for today
IMG_5537.jpg
IMG_5533.jpgIMG_5539.jpgIMG_5535.jpgIMG_5532.jpgIMG_5534.jpgIMG_5536.jpg

My effort at low carb rolls/bread...to be precise a friends recipe for low carb rolls... a couple of torpedo rolls...traditional ones & a low carb loaf...haven't 'road tested' this one yet but it smells gorgeous:D:D:D:D

DSC03031.JPG

My effort at low carb rolls/bread...to be precise a friends recipe for low carb rolls... a couple of torpedo rolls...traditional ones & a low carb loaf...haven't 'road tested' this one yet but it smells gorgeous:D:D:D:D

View attachment 7936
Wow! That is impressive!

Wow! That is impressive!
Just had some...it was good...going to make some more...pop them in the freezer...half the carbs of the high protein bread I've been using...pleased about that...I've noticed the difference since I've been eating the lower carb ones...a waking figure of 4.8...haven't gone higher than 5.3 so far today.

L - Last of the Easter Lamb
D - Carne Asada stir fried with onion & red/green pepper with steamed Asparagus

Today
B. Porridge with orange segments and prunes one slice of home made nutty bread with whole earth peanut butter. Small tomato juice.
L. Wetherspoon flaming dragon chicken curry with pilau rice and poppadoms. Took the naan bread home for the birds! Glass of Becks Blue.
T. Cup of chicken noodle soup with 2 slices of that bread again. I know, but it's so tasty!

Today:

B- 100g Greek Yoghurt, Coffee
S- Chocolate Freddo
L- Pate with ryvita crackers, Brie, coleslaw, baby gem, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, celery. 3x Ferrero Rocher
S- Half slice of Victoria sponge, tea
D- Wholemeal pasta with meatballs and hidden veg passata

Later with the new Star Wars movie (if small person allows) - Ben & Jerrys ice cream

B - porridge, raspberries, butter and a coffee
coffee
D - wholemeal sandwich with g&h philly and few slices smoked farmers sausage, salted caramel protein bar
coffee
T - ham and mushroom omelette, charlotte potatoes, green beans and 2 squares 90%
coffee
3 pints water throughout the day xx

The other half of the night 11/04/18

Slept around 19:00

20:53 (BS 8.7) woke up Snack 98.1cals 18g carbs
1x90ml solero exotic ice cream 98.1cals 18g carbs
Still not 4 hours after injecting. Will wait until later for BS before deciding if to inject?

22:20 (BS 10.9) very cautious correction 1 unit Novorapid.

23:50 (BS 8.0) very hungry & surprised by the drop produced by 1 unit when previously it was much less!

00:00 2nd. Snack 273cals 41g carbs
2 veg fingers baked birds eye 105cals 13g carbs
200g spag. bol. heinz 168cals 28g carbs

I’m craving sweet things. Can’t remember the last time I had tinned spag bol: years! But, wanted some! Walked 3888 steps to the nearest petrol station shop to get some & picked up veg fingers too!
It tasted very strange: artificial! Checked 3 times to see if there are Sweeteners in it; no! Then noticed there’s only 4g of sugar: remember it used to be SO much more! The sugar tax has changed quite a lot of food & drinks & I find hidden Sweeteners in stuff that didn’t use to: lucozade!
I realise at the rate of dropping BS caused by 1 unit earlier I might be hypo later. But, I wasn’t thinking of that when I wanted to eat! So, don’t know if I should inject now? Will wait & see?

01:26 (BS 12.7) Cautious correction 1 unit Novorapid.

Too tired to monitor so, had peanut butter & oatcake to cover any dips while I sleep!
02:30 Bedtime Snack 82cals 5.325g carbs
1 oatcake nairns 36cals 4.35g carbs
1.5tsp no sugar peanut butter sun pat 46cals 0.975g carbs

Total extra 453.1cals.

12/04/18 (1281.42cals)
06:36 * Oops, didn’t notice the typo, 06:16 woke (BS 9.2) Maybe too cautious last night so, higher than could otherwise be. 7 units Novorapid. Took bin out & came back, 1500 steps, to cook.

07:00 Breakfast 394.97cals 39.52g carbs
3 veg fingers baked birds eye 157.5cals 19.5g carbs
1 chicken chargrill birds eye 142cals 3.9g carbs
1 poached egg 79cals 0g carbs
100g baked beans heinz 79cals 12.8g carbs
1 cup tea twinings everyday 0cals 0g carbs
25ml almond milk 5.5cals 0.6g carbs
0.5tsp honey rowse 10.97cals 2.72g carbs
08:40 (BS 10.4)

11:00 Lunch 477.45cals 40.86g carbs (BS 8.3) 5 units Novorapid. 30 units Levemir & all other meds.
3 veg fingers baked birds eye 157.5cals 19.5g carbs
100g smoked salmon tesco 159.22cals 2.83g carbs
95g 0.5 pack prawns asda es large 60.8cals 0g carbs
15ml sauce 36.93cals 3.53g carbs
150ml cranberry juice ocean spray 63cals 15g carbs (BS 11.1)

2nd. Recipe for sauce 120ml 295.47cals 28.209g carbs
90ml sauce 264.87cals 21.249g carbs
30ml ketchup 30.6cals 6.96g carbs
Urgh! Still too sour. Will not have anymore! Would have enjoyed a lot more without the sauce!

Slept shortly after testing.

18:51 woke (BS 6.4)

19:20 Dinner 409cals 42.9g carbs 3 units Novorapid.
1 chicken chargrill birds eye 142cals 3.9g carbs
135g steam veg birds eye sun. mix 73cals 11g carbs
200g spag. bol. heinz 168cals 28g carbs
200ml unsweetened almond milk 26cals 0g carbs * (BS 10.3)
The other half of the can from last night. I restrained myself to 1 can!

Very tired today & kept dozing off.
Have a better handle on when to & when not to inject insulin. Also, a full day of reduced doses so, hopefully things are more even tonight! The DSN was right: rising just before & dropping during!
My expiment, the other night, finding my correction dose ( how much 1 unit drops my BS in 1 hour) had nothing to do with a strange reaction to insulin. My BS was rising anyway just before & now dropping during!
My craving for tinned spag bol was not satisfied: actually disappointed! Natural, simply cooked food tastes SO much better!

Edited to add * Oops didn’t notice the typo 06:16
* (BS 10.3)

Last edited:
Tea
B: Seeded wholemeal toast with avocado & 2 poached eggs, milky coffee.
Tea
L: Homemade veg soup, leftover gammon, mixed berries & mullerlight yogurt.
Tea
T: Scallops on black pudding with crispy bacon, prawns & cauliflower cheese. Cognac & tonic, 3 glasses of red vino.
20180412_182244.jpg

Ooh, scousebird! :D Just had scallops myself on Wednesday! They were fresh on the half shell from tesco. We get very good, clean & fresh seafood here from the Atlantic Ocean here!

I just rinsed them a bit & popped them in the oven on the shell. I don’t season them at all! They’re lovely & delicately sweet: my favourite seafood! I remember reading a top ten list of foods that everyone should try at least once before kicking the bucket & scallops were on that list. Alongside things like beluga caviar, urgh, & froie gras, again urh: forcefully fattened duck’s liver!

Tea
B: Seeded wholemeal toast with avocado & 2 poached eggs, milky coffee.
Tea
L: Homemade veg soup, leftover gammon, mixed berries & mullerlight yogurt.
Tea
T: Scallops on black pudding with crispy bacon, prawns & cauliflower cheese. Cognac & tonic, 3 glasses of red vino.
View attachment 7940
That looks LOVELY Scouser

Just for information;
Tonight I am going to attempt cooking scallops, never cooked them before cos I'm scared of bu..ering them 🙄
Good luck

Thursday 12/4
FBG (5.30am) - Not measured today
Breakfast 1 (5.30am): Porridge (made with almond milk), strawberries,
blueberries, almonds {272 Cal / 36.2g Carbs}
...............................2 mile walk
...............................5 km on rowing machine
Breakfast 2 (8am): Mackerel, toast / Tangerine {263 Cal / 20.7g Carbs}
................................5 km row
................................2 mile walk

Lunch (12pm): Sweet potato, squash & chilli soup {95 Cal / 15.3g Carbs}
Prawn & avocado salad, ryvita, hummus {260 Cal / 14.8g Carbs}
Nectarine, plum, yoghurt, macadamias {145 Cal / 8.6g Carbs}

Snack (3pm): Banana {57 Cal / 13.0g Carbs}
...............................2 mile walk
...............................5 km row

BG (6pm) 4.5
Dinner (6pm): Salmon & prawn fish cakes [made with leftover celeriac mash],
fries, peas, sweetcorn {414 Cal / 45.8g Carbs}
Dessert: Chocolate fondant, vanilla ice cream, raspberries {236 Cal / 26.8g Carbs}

4 cups of coffee too

Calories 1977
Carbs 204.5g
Protein 101.1g
Fat 71.9g (Sat Fat 18.2g / Trans fat 0.6g)

All food cooked from scratch, if you would like any recipes please just ask

B: 1 slice toasted Burgen & home made 'no added sugar' berry jam. First time I've had jam since diagnosis!
L: Tuna & cucumber in low carb roll
D: Chilli con carne & rice😱
Pud: Rhubarb crumble & double cream😱

Yes, it was Bruv's day. That's 2 high carb days in a row. Must be strict now til at least next Thursday.🙄

B: 1 slice toasted Burgen & home made 'no added sugar' berry jam. First time I've had jam since diagnosis!
L: Tuna & cucumber in low carb roll
D: Chilli con carne & rice😱
Pud: Rhubarb crumble & double cream😱

Yes, it was Bruv's day. That's 2 high carb days in a row. Must be strict now til at least next Thursday.🙄
Was just about to ask was it brothers day...until I read on:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back