What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So let me get this right...that was yesterdays yesterday...is that right?...are you trying to claim the old different time zone defence Vince?...not legitimate here I'm afraid.:D
Here we go in unjoinedy up writing
Watch carefully
My Yesterdays posting is actually for my yesterday Today is Thursday here so that means my posting is For Wednesday.
Now my Thurday at time of posting still happens to be your Wednesday which is my yesterday.
Got it?
S, I entitle my simple posting as "MY yesterdays"🙄

Vince, what was so horrible about the fish?
To many bones and my teeth cannot strip them as Chinese manage to do so efficiently lol

Ah, Vince! I must be westernised then! I hate some fish eaten in Hong Kong for that same reason. Both my parents in their 80’s, while mum was still here, could eat it & I couldn’t. Mum actually used to say the edges where all the tiny bones are, were the best bit! Dad’s in his 90’s now & dentures & he can still deal with the bones!

Ah, Vince! I must be westernised then! I hate some fish eaten in Hong Kong for that same reason. Both my parents in their 80’s, while mum was still here, could eat it & I couldn’t. Mum actually used to say the edges where all the tiny bones are, were the best bit! Dad’s in his 90’s now & dentures & he can still deal with the bones!
I bet they can shell prawns also in their mouth lol
Another skill I cannot manage with the dental dexterity these guys and gals demonstrate.:D
Mainly River fish.
I cope with fish, the bigger ones, in restaurants. I just pick at it with my kuaizi 🙄

Having dental implants doesn't helpp either I guess 🙄

They ate the shells too: just chewed right through them! They said it’s the best bit because that’s where all the sauce collects, favorites being spicy sweet & sour, & why dirty your fingers with unnecessary shelling? I could never do it! The chinese can be VERY practical & pragmatic!

They ate the shells too: just chewed right through them! They said it’s the best bit because that’s where all the sauce collects, favorites being spicy sweet & sour, & why dirty your fingers with unnecessary shelling? I could never do it! The chinese can be VERY practical & pragmatic!
And efficient especially when it come to eating. When I have any meats with bones in, pork ribs for example or chicken, I strip all the meat off I can find and my Chinese friends always take my disguarded bones and literally strip them clean lol.
Ingrained not to waste anything particularly food. Back to the previous discussions on the hard past times.

Last edited:
B: Smoked mackerel & scrambled egg
L: Tuna & cucumber in low carb roll
D: McTasty & fries! (was out at hospital & left so late that I wasn't going to cook when I got home)
2hrs after Maccy D's gave me a 7.7.🙂

B. Two eggs made into an omelette with tomatoes and served on a bed of spinach (too much!) on homemade nutty wholemeal toasted bread.
L. Tinned Sardines with a small amount of pasta, and mixed veg.
Tea. Cup of soup with two rice cakes with whole earth crunchy peanut butter.
Snack. Chopped celery with my homemade hummus dip.

I'v just found this thread and thanks to you all it is so full of useful info
Its a great thread, especially for new people, please do feel free to join in! 🙂 xx

I'v just found this thread and thanks to you all it is so full of useful info
Welcome to the food thread.🙂 Just remember that quite a few people here are on insulin & can 'cover the carbs' where as the ones on diet only will watch the carbs more carefully. Sometimes.:D

B. 2 slices of wholemeal bread and peanut butter and a large coffee
L. Chunk of cheddar , sparkling water.
S. Coffee and 2 gingernuts.
D. Smoked Venison, 4 small new potatoes, broccoli and a Coke Zero
S. It was only supposed to be a few Macadamia nuts but somehow the bag ended up empty 😱 and I’ve no idea how 26A2E371-15BD-4452-B88F-43B7AFB58FF6.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back