What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chips can be made with virtually any veg that can be sliced, though I find they don't crisp up. Aunt Bessies do frozen veg chips that are really nice & despite they are parsnips, carrots & sweet potato, they don't spike me, and they go crispy too, somehow.

Thanks @Kaylz, It was one of the things someone recommended when I first joined the site and bemoaned the fact I was missing potato. Hard to know what is best sometimes 🙂
I can eat more sweet potato than I can regular potato, despite the carbs being higher. Though I did try a whole jacket sweet potato & that spiked me to the moon & back, so comes down to portion control.

07/04/18 (1332.415cals)
04:51 Breakfast 365.695cals 27.21g carbs (BS 8.3)
2 poached eggs 158cals 0g carbs
100g smoked salmon tesco 159.22cals 2.83g carbs
2 slices toast kingsmill no crusts 50/50 94cals 17g carbs
10g pure butter dromona 72.8cals 0.07g carbs
1 cup tea twinings everyday 0cals 0g carbs
1 cup tea twinings honey camomile 4cals 0g carbs
50ml almond milk 11cals 1.2g carbs
7.5g 1tsp honey rowse 24.675cals 6.11g carbs (BS 11.3)

11:21 Lunch 510.26cals 48.3g carbs (BS 10.8)
130g salmon fillet tesco baked 271.96cals 0g carbs
135g steam veg birds eye sun. mix 73cals 11g carbs
150g steamed new potatoes 102.3cals 22.3g carbs
150ml cranberry juice ocean spray 63cals 15g carbs

Everything tasted AMAZING!!! Same thing with losing taste when sugars were high & returning taste when sugars are coming down again in 2015 & after diagnosis 17 years ago.

13:09 Feeling strange! (BS 12.6) Definitely not hypo: false hypo? Had a biscuit 1 shortie tesco 64.78cals 8.4g carbs. But, didn’t help. Strangely lightheaded & aching temples. Fell asleep around 14:00.

21:45 woke (BS 6.6)
21:55 Dinner 456.46cals 58.72g carbs (BS 6.2)
2 sausages baked cookstown thick 156.06cals 18.4g carbs
100g baked beans heinz 79cals 12.8g carbs
150g 2 large mushrooms baked 12.6cals 0.45g carbs
100ml cranberry juice 42cals 10g carbs
Fell asleep.
02:55 (BS 8.4) couldn’t go back to sleep.

I lost all of the food etc. diary that I was writing in the nores app, on iPhone & iPad, for 06/04/18 & yesterday. I guess the “note” was too long & everything was erased: from 23/03/18 to yesterday. Thank goodness I had most of it copied & pasted to the Pages app for printing for the dietian appointment on 24/04/18.

It was very annoying when I was about to post what I ate on here! It took me a while to recompile yesterday but, I can’t remember the day before! Will post today’s menu later.

I must admit I like both too though I don’t find avocado has much flavour. Plump olives stuffed with something are gorgeous! :D
Thank you Amigo.
Just goes to show what impeccable epicurean and sophisticated taste we both have.

B - Porridge, nuts and berries

L - Chicago Town Deep Dish Chicken Club Pizza (160g) with a big plate of salad

D- Braised Steak cooked with parsnip, carrot, onion, celery and mushroom. I had mashed cauliflower with mine, the other half had a giant Yorkshire Pudding. Ms Molly mini choc ice (I think it was @Kaylz I have to thank for finding these 🙂

Nescafe Gold Mocha
Fox's granola honey and ginger cookie

Last edited:
@kentish maid yes I was the one that first mentioned them and your the second person to thank me lol, and I haven't even tried them! haha xx

While I was looking for them I came across Breyers Vanilla Caramel High Protein Ice Cream, 4 bars for an eye watering £5 !!!!! https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/300455348, have no intention of buying them at that price.
Yes I've seen them online, if I'm correct they contain polyols, I could be wrong though, I haven't been brave enough to eat anything like that since I was diagnosed, been a cr*p nearly year and a half I can tell you haha xx

Yes I've seen them online, if I'm correct they contain polyols, I could be wrong though, I haven't been brave enough to eat anything like that since I was diagnosed, been a cr*p nearly year and a half I can tell you haha xx
I can't find the ingredients online, and didn't think to look on the box, when I saw the price I sort of glazed over and put them back 🙂. Sounds as though you haven't been having an easy time, hopefully in time things will improve x

I can't find the ingredients online, and didn't think to look on the box, when I saw the price I sort of glazed over and put them back 🙂. Sounds as though you haven't been having an easy time, hopefully in time things will improve x
Nope not had an easy time at all, due to someone on here I gained a fear of anything that had carbs, barely ate, my BMI is shockingly low etc, got to get through it on my own as cant manage a 6 hour trip every fortnight to see someone, tough times 🙄 xx

Nope not had an easy time at all, due to someone on here I gained a fear of anything that had carbs, barely ate, my BMI is shockingly low etc, got to get through it on my own as cant manage a 6 hour trip every fortnight to see someone, tough times 🙄 xx
I had gathered from bits I have read on here that it was difficult for you to get help because of the traveling. You can only take one day at a time, tiny steps, and you seem to get a lot of support from others on here xx

08/04/18
04:45 Breakfast 365.695cals 27.21g carbs (BS 8.2)
2 poached eggs 158cals 0g carbs
100g smoked salmon tesco 159.22cals 2.83g carbs
1 cup tea twinings everyday 0cals 0g carbs
1 cup tea twinings honey camomile 4cals 0g carbs
50ml almond milk 11cals 1.2g carbs
7.5g 1tsp honey rowse 24.675cals 6.11g carbs (BS 9.1)

11:30 Lunch 565cals 63g carbs (BS 5.4) Quite a wait between breakfast & lunch so, a wee snack in between maybe, next time?
1 bag steamed veg. rice birds eye 208cals 39g carbs
132g spicy prawns tesco 331cals 24g carbs
200ml unsweetened almond milk alpro 26cals 0g carbs
I was already horrified by the high cals of the battered prawns, when I finally looked up the info & thought I'd finished them all. But, found one last bag of prawns & will NOT buy again!

Slept at 13:00. Too early for after lunch test. But, not forcing myself back to my normal sleep pattern & just let it happen naturally!

18:36 woke (BS 9.1) yikes! It was the battered prawns. But, this REALLY was the last bag & WILL NOT buy again! Enjoyed them though!
18:50 Dinner 340.44cals 55.78g carbs
Prawn Curry vermicelli 277.44cals 40.78g carbs
150ml cranberry juice 63cals 15g carbs

Recipe for Prawn Curry vermicelli 277.44cals 40.78g carbs
95g 0.5 pack prawns asda es large 60.8cals 0g carbs
1 block rice vermicelli mama (from tesco) 170cals 37g carbs
54g 2tbsp concentrated curry paste tasty foods 46.44cals 3.78g carbs

I love a good chinese curry & experimented for years to find a recipe that I didn't need extra insulin for or send my blood sugars sky high. I tried various meat, veg, rice, chips & sauté potatoes all to no avail! I think this one works because there's no carbs in prawns. There is a slight rise with this. For full disclosure I AM covering this with extra insulin tonight as my starting BS is nearly 3 points higher than usual when I've had this.

08/03/18 before I started prebolusing & was injecting Novorapid straight after eating. Pre dinner BS 6.7. 2 hours after dinner BS 7.7. After 4 hours & before I went to bed BS 7.4. Waking up 09/03/18 BS 8.7.

I already posted this recipe, & method, on another thread. I will find it & repost it in the Recipes section under the Food Forum.

Oops! Edited to add * 1271.135 cals

B - jumbo oats, almond milk, raspberries, knob of butter and a coffee
coffee
D - wholemeal bacon sandwich, handful of raspberries and a peanut & choc protein bar
coffee
T - mince, sprouts and mushrooms in Oxo, charlotte potatoes and a square Lindt 90%
coffee
3 pints water throughout the day xx

B - bacon and egg sandwich, tea

L - Home made meatloaf with a spicy tomato glaze, small portion of spaghetti, dollop of sour cream and chive dip & grated cheddar

D - sweet chilli and coriander chicken fillet in granary bread, tea and oatmeal cookie

Snack - my feeder relative gave me a small jam doughnut and it would have been rude to refuse it! :D

Or Vince you letting the side down whoever says they like avocado and olives must be kidding em selves,lol
Luv em, luv em, luv em :D

Today
Tea
B: Out - 2 bacon, 2 eggs, mushrooms, black pudding, grilled tomato & milky coffee
L: Coffee, cheese & red onion chutney butty on wholemeal
T: Roast pork, 3 roast potatoes, carrots, broccoli, sprouts, 1 teaspoon apple sauce, 2 Yorkshire puds, 3 glasses vin rouge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back