What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asda aren't the only ones to stock it, Tesco, Iceland, Co-Ops etc xx
Will have a look in Iceland got one of them about mile and half away

Don't sell it asda nr me want some but nurse told me give bread up altogether it's sends my blood high
Heath...when we are testing the real benefit is you/we can try different foods...then test to see how it affects us...I need to have some bread in my diet...for me that is essential...if you can manage without it...excellent...however you could try the bread...experiment a little...some of us here find it works well for us...my local supermarket doesn't sell it...I drive to the next town...its in their co-op...I buy a couple to shove in the freezer.

@Bubbsie I don't trust the likes of they sites, looked at them before with a product label in my other hand, completely different information on the websites, not safe for people using insulin to use such sites to try and get information for what they are eating, could end up very dangerous indeed xx

Going to have to try and find it love seeded bread
If you try it...test before...then two hours after...that will tell you whether its suitable for you...if you have a spike above 2-3mmols...then it's not right for you...however other breads may be more suitable...its about experimenting...what suits me may not suit you...and vice versa.

@Bubbsie I don't trust the likes of they sites, looked at them before with a product label in my other hand, completely different information on the websites, not safe for people using insulin to use such sites to try and get information for what they are eating, could end up very dangerous indeed xx
Well then Olives are off the menu!

Daughter likes olives she just eats em out of jar that dirty git like smoked salmon though but dont like alcohol and I'm having steak tonight but what could I replace potatoes with to many carbs for me
Some people replace potato with sweet potato, you can do most things with them that you would do with an ordinary potato. It has a lower GI than an ordinary potato, maybe one of the others can add to this? I have replaced potato with celeriac or mashed cauliflower. Beware of celeriac though, it is a pig to prepare, need muscles like Popeye !!

Will definitely give it a go bubsie my readings during day are quite good about 6.6/7.5 but always about 9.2 on fasting but miss my seeded bread bread so will definitely go on the prowl for some cheers

sweet potatoes may be a lower GI BUT 100g has more carbs than 100g regular potato, many find they can manage a few new potatoes but its advisable to leave the skin on xx

Heath...when we are testing the real benefit is you/we can try different foods...then test to see how it affects us...I need to have some bread in my diet...for me that is essential...if you can manage without it...excellent...however you could try the bread...experiment a little...some of us here find it works well for us...my local supermarket doesn't sell it...I drive to the next town...its in their co-op...I buy a couple to shove in the freezer.
I took to eating Ryvita for a while, replaced the white bread and packet of crisps I would have eaten pre diagnosis. Didn't want to go without the crunch 🙄

If you try it...test before...then two hours after...that will tell you whether its suitable for you...if you have a spike above 2-3mmols...then it's not right for you...however other breads may be more suitable...its about experimenting...what suits me may not suit you...and vice versa.
Cheers bubsie

Well then Olives are off the menu!
Even if I did like them, wouldn't be able to afford them regularly so its not really a problem lol xx

Will definitely give it a go bubsie my readings during day are quite good about 6.6/7.5 but always about 9.2 on fasting but miss my seeded bread bread so will definitely go on the prowl for some cheers
Do try it Heath...we can try many different foods...again the beauty of testing...it will give us an indication of how we tolerate different foods...I think you'll be surprised (pleasantly) at what we can eat and keep our BGs levels relatively stable...achieve good control.

Even if I did like them, wouldn't be able to afford them regularly so its not really a problem lol xx
Kaylz...I can't think about Olives anymore today😛.

I took to eating Ryvita for a while, replaced the white bread and packet of crisps I would have eaten pre diagnosis. Didn't want to go without the crunch 🙄
Ooh I do miss a good packet of crisps KM:(...that was one of my real weaknesses.

Do try it Heath...we can try many different foods...again the beauty of testing...it will give us an indication of how we tolerate different foods...I think you'll be surprised (pleasantly) at what we can eat and keep our BGs levels relatively stable...achieve good control.
Oh definitely will try it might have to look somewhere else though can't go Iceland they got kellys ice cream half price one of my favs

sweet potatoes may be a lower GI BUT 100g has more carbs than 100g regular potato, many find they can manage a few new potatoes but its advisable to leave the skin on xx
Thanks @Kaylz, It was one of the things someone recommended when I first joined the site and bemoaned the fact I was missing potato. Hard to know what is best sometimes 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back