What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am on holiday in Crete so my eating habits are somewhat different from normal.
Also decided after 30 years that I will start eating fish. I wondered how my digestive system would cope but since I eat eggs and cheese it’s no stranger to animal protein, and I read that our gut biome is very quick to adapt.
Yesterday was a fish free day partly because the portions out here are so huge it’s still quite daunting for me!
Breakfast: half a banana, Greek full fat yoghurt and almonds.
Lunch: grilled vegetables: peppers, courgettes, aubergines and mushrooms; a few of Mr Radders’ chips; a beer.
Mid afternoon treat: small portion pistachio ice cream
Dinner: garlic mushrooms followed by a massive Greek salad and three large glasses of dry rosé. I even ate a few olives in the hope that I can train my tastebuds to like them but so far it’s not working very well. Eaten outside in a beachfront restaurant watching the sun go down. Holiday heaven!
Enjoy your holiday.
My OH didn't eat olives until a few years ago but now he really likes them especially with some feta cheese.

B: Smoked mackerel & scrambled eggs
L: Some Kofte kebab thingy's from Aldi
D: Roast beef, peas, carrots, 2 Yorkies & roast potatoes
Pud: Apple strudel & cream

I am on holiday in Crete so my eating habits are somewhat different from normal.
Also decided after 30 years that I will start eating fish. I wondered how my digestive system would cope but since I eat eggs and cheese it’s no stranger to animal protein, and I read that our gut biome is very quick to adapt.
Yesterday was a fish free day partly because the portions out here are so huge it’s still quite daunting for me!
Breakfast: half a banana, Greek full fat yoghurt and almonds.
Lunch: grilled vegetables: peppers, courgettes, aubergines and mushrooms; a few of Mr Radders’ chips; a beer.
Mid afternoon treat: small portion pistachio ice cream
Dinner: garlic mushrooms followed by a massive Greek salad and three large glasses of dry rosé. I even ate a few olives in the hope that I can train my tastebuds to like them but so far it’s not working very well. Eaten outside in a beachfront restaurant watching the sun go down. Holiday heaven!
I'm off to Crete in June. Where are you staying? If you are anywhere near Sissi, there is a great restaurant called The Pink Flamingo. Does a great Gyros plate with no bread or chips, just the meat and huge salad. And his Kleftiko is to die for.

Went in Pizza Hut. Only been in once before, decades ago. Had chocolate milk shake with ice cream mmm, 3 triangles steak pizza, an onion ring, a circle of garlic bread, 5 fries and a small bowl ice cream, 2 bites mac cheese. Back in the day I'd have wolfed the lot and all the left-overs. My appetite has diminished, I'm blaming age. Sucks! On the other hand I had a thudding heart for half the afternoon. 😱 Good job I've ordered some strips, get real.

I'm off to Crete in June. Where are you staying? If you are anywhere near Sissi, there is a great restaurant called The Pink Flamingo. Does a great Gyros plate with no bread or chips, just the meat and huge salad. And his Kleftiko is to die for.
Koutouloufari, a village above Hersonnissos. Gyros would suit my other half but then he’d want the bread as well!

Enjoy your holiday.
My OH didn't eat olives until a few years ago but now he really likes them especially with some feta cheese.
I have tried them again today on another Greek salad, chopped up small this time so bearable when eaten with a mouthful of other stuff. On the other hand that means every mouthful is spoiled by the taste of olives!
It’s weird: my other half has a very sweet tooth and can’t bear dark chocolate but likes olives and Guinness which I find unpalatably bitter. Makes you wonder how tastebuds work!

Omelette with ham cheese tomato never made one till 2 weeks ago look forward to it every morning now
Tea
Rump steak,baby potatoes,with herbs,cauli & broccoli
Supper
2 Weetabix
Loads of black coffees starting to look forward to these aswell

Loads of black coffees starting to look forward to these aswell
I take it from this you used to have milk in your coffee? if so is there a reason you aren't anymore?
Also be watchful of the Weetabix, although its one of the cereals we are told is 'safe' many find that isn't the case at all! haha xx

I take it from this you used to have milk in your coffee? if so is there a reason you aren't anymore?
Also be watchful of the Weetabix, although its one of the cereals we are told is 'safe' many find that isn't the case at all! haha xx
Always liked my coffee milky have 2 when I wake up and 2 before bed and rest is black coffee with a couple of herbal teas thrown in as well,know what you mean about cereals all are very high,very rare eat em though but been fancing a bowl for days,lol could be worse though used to eat 2 or 3 litres a time of ice cream, lol

L - 3 mini empanadas & taquitos (wasn't going to get them but I had to take one of the dogs to the groomers & I have to pass this store on the way back home)
Inspired by @Vince_UK ....
D - Stir fry flank steak (marinaded in soy sauce, 5 spice & guar gum) with broccoli on a bed of spinach (would cut the guar gum next time as it made the marinade stick to the meat & ended up being too salty)

Yesterday:

B- rice crispies & coffee
L- portobello mushrooms in a Stilton sauce with toasted bread, lobster & prawn fish cakes with a pea sauce and asparagus. Espresso.
D- plain crisps, cheese, pepperami & mayonnaise. Malteasers bar.

Always liked my coffee milky have 2 when I wake up and 2 before bed and rest is black coffee with a couple of herbal teas thrown in as well,know what you mean about cereals all are very high,very rare eat em though but been fancing a bowl for days,lol could be worse though used to eat 2 or 3 litres a time of ice cream, lol
Try to look out for Fuel Protein Wheat Biscuits. Lower in carb than Weetabix & taste exactly the same.🙂

Try to look out for Fuel Protein Wheat Biscuits. Lower in carb than Weetabix & taste exactly the same.🙂
Cheers mark never seen them but will definitely have a look for em

B - oats, almond milk, raspberries, butter and coffee
coffee
D - ham and g&h philly wholemeal sandwich and salted caramel protein bar
coffee
T - 2 minute steaks, roast brussels and a large flat mushroom, charlotte potatoes, gravy and a square Lindt 90%
coffee
3 pints water throughout the day xx

I have tried them again today on another Greek salad, chopped up small this time so bearable when eaten with a mouthful of other stuff. On the other hand that means every mouthful is spoiled by the taste of olives!
I hope you are not forcing them in because you think you should eat them, we can't all like everything. After diagnosis I tried peanut butter again, never liked it and still don't :D

Tea
B: Small banana with LF Greek yogurt, 2 poached eggs and an avocado
L: Tesco beef casserole with dumplings, 2 small melon slices & a mullerlight yogurt
T: Steak, chips & onion rings 😳.
Tea, during the day, wine during the evening :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back