What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers kaylz will ask doctor if he will give me more just had a look at prices they are expensive

Cheers kaylz will ask doctor if he will give me more just had a look at prices they are expensive
I highly doubt they will let you have more however if your lucky you will have an understanding doctor or nurse xx

I highly doubt they will let you have more however if your lucky you will have an understanding doctor or nurse xx[/QUOTE
I just hope I get an understanding one.lol

@Heath o Unless you are on hypo causing medication they aren't very good at prescribing test strips, my mother in law is Type 2 but as she's only on Metformin they stopped prescribing her strips last year :( xx

B - Porridge with almond milk, blueberries and almonds

L - Haven't had a sandwich in a long time. Spotted Burgen bread on offer in the Coop and decided as quite a few people on here have it I would give it a try. So lunch was a cheese and beetroot sandwich, and an Ainsley Harriot cup a soup

D - Chicken thighs in tarragon, roast potatoes and parsnips, carrots and cauliflower. Raspberries with double cream.

Snack - Fox's Granola ginger and honey cookie. Usually about £1.50 for a pack of 5 individually wrapped biscuits but last week a local pound type shop had 4 packets for £1 !!!!!!

We were visiting family, and having walked through wet and windy weather in the park we went to the tiny cafe there - I had a veggie burger & shared a plate of chips....my numbers weren't too good last night or this morning, but oh! it was nice 😉

B - oats, almond milk, raspberries, butter and coffee
coffee
D - wholemeal ham and garlic and herb philly sandwich, salted caramel protein bar
coffee
T - ham and mushroom omelette, charlotte potatoes, green beans and 2 squares Lindt 90%
coffee
3 pints water throughout the day xx

05/04/18 (1287.743cals) woke at 05:00 (BS 8.4)
05:30 Breakfast 389.893cals 33.174g carbs 4 units Novorapid.
1 serving revised cream veg soup 223.093cals 16.104g carbs
2 slices toast kingsmill no crusts 50/50 94cals 17g carbs
10g pure butter dromona 72.8cals 0.07g carbs

*06:15 4 units Novorapid.

Revised cream veg soup 1 serving 223.093cals 16.104g carbs
My cream of veg soup 1 serving 269cals 7.755g carbs
400g Quinfresh butternut squash mix 192cals 39.2g carbs
65g unsmoked pancetta tesco 210.6cals 0.13g carbs
3 oxo vegetable 7.68cals 1.227g carbs
800ml water (plus soup=3 servings)
10 grinds black pepper
(BS 9.4)

11:00 Lunch 494.03cals 38.5g carbs (BS 9.7) 6 units Novorapid.
2 poached eggs 158cals 0g carbs
1 sausage baked cookstown thick 78.03cals 9.2g carbs
1 slice veg roll hulls 137cals 6.5g carbs
100g baked beans heinz 79cals 12.8g carbs
100ml cranberry juice 42cals 10g carbs (BS 12.3)

15:00 Dinner 403.82cals 29.68g carbs (BS 10.1) 4 units Novorapid.
2x 135g steam veg birds eye sun. mix 146cals 22g carbs
7.5g 1.5tsp pure butter dromona 54.6cals 0.05g carbs
100g smoked salmon tesco 159.22cals 2.83g carbs
200ml almond milk 44cals 4.8g carbs
Ran out of the unsweetened one & this tasted very sweet! But, this tastes better in tea!

More or less slept straight away!

Woke around 19:00
19:30 (BS 8.1)

I tried again with the soup this morning with 2 things:-
1 - I diluted the cream in the soup by adding it to 2 servings of another soup. But, only had the sweeter Butternut squash with sweet potato mix left.
2 - I tried splitting the dose, as I seen Kaylz mention to a newbie somewhere, my usual 8 units Novorapid split into 4 before & 4 after.

It didn’t really work as my levels still stayed high & impacted on the rest of the day: still rising when I had lunch.

I don’t know what I’ll do with the 2 portions, with all the cream, left in the freezer. Or, would doing another split work? It seems I need more after than before. So, 3 before & 5 after?

Edited to add *06:15 4 units of Novorapid

Last edited:
D - Leftover lamb garnished with mint chutney (could have sworn that the carb content was higher but looked at this old jar in the pantry & carbs were < 1g for my serving) Air fried Brussels Sprouts dusted with Parmagan

Hey all.

Went home at the weekend for Easter, my diet wasn't as good as normal, but not too bad. Snuck in some roast potatoes with my Dad's sunday lunch. No chocolate though.

This week I've just been cooking for myself, I made myself a huge chicken satay stir fry so I can have it for lunches this week, chicken, plenty of veg, and Tesco Satay sauce. Had pork loin with plenty of green veg last night, and tonight I'm having pilchards on wholemeal granary toast to get my fish portion in this week. Feel like it's been getting away from me a little bit lately, so I'm pushing myself back on track.

@Heath o Unless you are on hypo causing medication they aren't very good at prescribing test strips, my mother in law is Type 2 but as she's only on Metformin they stopped prescribing her strips last year :( xx
Don't think I got much chance then on 2000mg metformin and 25 mg anaglyptin

My Yesterdays
B –
Thought I would try Quaker Cruseli 40gr
Codefree pre 5.5. Post. 8.1 to high? Uplift 2.6, 45 minutes later 6.9, it always drops fairly fast
Mid Morning –
Low carb muffin with pork sausages and tinned tomatoes mixed herb done in slow cooker overnight. 6 sq Heidi 85%
L –
Nowt
Mid afternoon –
Bar of Heidi 75% and glass of Soy milk. That put me at 7.8 on the Codefree just inside the 7.9 limit
D –
Hong Shao pork with quails eggs, Beef with chillies and radish, Chicken in a peanut sauce with cucumber, stir fried cauliflower and of course Mapo Tofu.
Drinks -
About 2.0 litres of coffee.
Water with Lemon approx. 0.5l.

End for today.

IMG_5422.jpg IMG_5420.jpg IMG_5417.jpg IMG_5418.jpg IMG_5416.jpg IMG_5419.jpg

Hong Shao pork with quails eggs, Beef with chillies and radish, Chicken in a peanut sauce with cucumber, stir fried cauliflower and of course Mapo Tofu.
As always I'm salivating at the thought of your feast

Thursday 5/4
FBG (5.30am) - 4.1
Breakfast 1 (5.30am): Porridge (made with 2% milk),
strawberries, peach {275 Cal / 41.4g Carbs}
...............................5 mile walk
Breakfast 2 (7am): Bacon, scrambled egg, mushroom, tomatoes,
toast / Juice from one orange {253 Cal / 13.1g Carbs}

Snack (10am): Banana (half) {46 Cal / 10.5g Carbs)

Lunch (12pm): [At the seaside] Fish & chips (half) {261 Cal / 25.3g Carbs}
Ice cream {104 Cal / 11.5g Carbs}

BG (6pm) 4.2
Dinner (6pm): Hake, cannellini bean stew {383 Cal / 21.3g Carbs}
Dessert: Mango, raspberries, yoghurt {98 Cal / 13.6g Carbs}

Snack (9pm): Toast, milk {167 Cal /18.1g Carbs}

4 cups of coffee too

Calories 1720
Carbs 170.1g
Protein 102.3g
Fat 61.1g (Sat Fat 20.6g / Trans fat 1.6g)

All food cooked from scratch, if you would like any recipes please just ask

Morning, I fell asleep last night reading this thread and didn't get a chance to post :D
Yesterday
Tea
B: 40g all bran, 2 boiled eggs
L: Tuna, sweetcorn & mayo on Tesco sunflower & pumpkin seed bread, 12 grapes & a mullerlight yogurt.
T: Spaghetti (wholemeal) bolognese, glass of red vino.
Tea during the day

I am on holiday in Crete so my eating habits are somewhat different from normal.
Also decided after 30 years that I will start eating fish. I wondered how my digestive system would cope but since I eat eggs and cheese it’s no stranger to animal protein, and I read that our gut biome is very quick to adapt.
Yesterday was a fish free day partly because the portions out here are so huge it’s still quite daunting for me!
Breakfast: half a banana, Greek full fat yoghurt and almonds.
Lunch: grilled vegetables: peppers, courgettes, aubergines and mushrooms; a few of Mr Radders’ chips; a beer.
Mid afternoon treat: small portion pistachio ice cream
Dinner: garlic mushrooms followed by a massive Greek salad and three large glasses of dry rosé. I even ate a few olives in the hope that I can train my tastebuds to like them but so far it’s not working very well. Eaten outside in a beachfront restaurant watching the sun go down. Holiday heaven!

I am on holiday in Crete so my eating habits are somewhat different from normal.
Also decided after 30 years that I will start eating fish. I wondered how my digestive system would cope but since I eat eggs and cheese it’s no stranger to animal protein, and I read that our gut biome is very quick to adapt.
Yesterday was a fish free day partly because the portions out here are so huge it’s still quite daunting for me!
Breakfast: half a banana, Greek full fat yoghurt and almonds.
Lunch: grilled vegetables: peppers, courgettes, aubergines and mushrooms; a few of Mr Radders’ chips; a beer.
Mid afternoon treat: small portion pistachio ice cream
Dinner: garlic mushrooms followed by a massive Greek salad and three large glasses of dry rosé. I even ate a few olives in the hope that I can train my tastebuds to like them but so far it’s not working very well. Eaten outside in a beachfront restaurant watching the sun go down. Holiday heaven!
Sounds cool Radders Enjoy it 🙂

I even ate a few olives in the hope that I can train my tastebuds to like them
I'm with you on this one, I've tried and tried but I've had to admit defeat! lol xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back