What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today:

B- Greek yoghurt with frozen raspberries
L- Roast chicken with salad (celery, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, cherry peppers stuffed with ricotta, olives, feta, rocket & spinach leaves), coleslaw, sour cream & guacamole, 2 slices of wholemeal bread with butter & a mini corn on cob. Raspberry sorbet with some Ben & Jerrys chocolate brownie ice cream. Some salted caramel dark chocolate (3hr lunch with friends)
S- Pastel de Nata (I’m in love with them!)
D- 2x mini pork pies with mustard, pack of sensations crisps, chocolate mousse & squirty cream

Must be healthy tomorrow!

Sunday 4/3
FBG (6am) - 4.1
Breakfast (7.30am): Bacon, eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes, baked beans,
toast (one slice, seeded) / Juice from one orange {338 Cal / 28.7g Carbs}

.....................................6 mile walk
Snack (11am): Vegetable soup {134 Cal / 11.8g Carbs}

Lunch (12pm): Quorn burger, fries, salad {399 Cal / 41.6g Carbs}
Pear, blackberries, yoghurt, walnuts {142 Cal / 13.7g Carbs}

Snack (3pm): Cookie {57 Cal / 7.2g Carbs}

Dinner (6pm): Roast chicken, roast potatoes (2), mashed squash, cauliflower,
green beans, turnip {392 Cal / 31.6g Carbs}
Wine: Viognier (3oz) {72 Cal / 2.3g Carbs}
Dessert: Strawberries, raspberries, yoghurt, pecans {162 Cal / 9.0g Carbs}

Snack (9pm): Toast (one slice, sourdough), milk {137 Cal / 14.6g Carbs}

3 cups of coffee too

Calories 1889
Carbs 166.4g
Protein 115.2g
Fat 63.5g (Sat Fat 16.4g / Trans fat 0.7g)

All food cooked from scratch, if you would like any recipes please just ask

No more Lidl low GI seeded cob bread for me. Had 2 slices for tea with pork and a thin layer of stuffing. 1.5 hrs later I’m a shocking 11.6. I can’t remember going as high as this for a very very long time! Never again! 😱

Just found the value listing for it;

Typical Values per 100g

Energy 1206kcal/287kJ

Fat 8.5g

Of which saturates 1.03g

Carbohydrate 36g

Of which sugars 3.8g

Fibre 6.9g

Protein 13.2g

Salt 0.9g
🙂 Annoying when you find something you like that doesn't like you.

My Yesterdays

Lazy day couldn’t be bothered to go out so used what was in the fridge and freezer.
B –
Tuna. Avocado egg mayo with walnuts, vine toms and blue cheese
Mid Morning –
Nowt
L –
Nowt
Mid Afternoon
Strawberries and cream,
2 sq Cachet
D –
2 x100% beef burgers, 2x eggs and 2 tbs beans
Mid Evening-
Blue cheese and olives with vine toms

Drinks -
About 2.5 litres of coffee.
Water with Lemon approx. 1.0
Coke Zero
Zero Espressos
Zero Alpro Almond
Zero Moser Roth of any kind
End for today.

@Amigo. I got excited when I first saw the low GI cob in Lidl, until I tried it. Sent my BG higher than any other bread! They do low GI rolls too & they have the same affect.

B: 2 poached eggs on 1 slice toasted Burgen
L: 4 slices prosciutto with garlic & herb cheese
S: Nature Valley protein bar
D: Cottage pie with cauli/turnip mash. Got a great mashing attachment for our stick blender. Works wonders.🙂
Pud: Heavenly chocolate cake (recipe from Ditch The Carbs)

@Amigo. I got excited when I first saw the low GI cob in Lidl, until I tried it. Sent my BG higher than any other bread! They do low GI rolls too & they have the same affect.

B: 2 poached eggs on 1 slice toasted Burgen
L: 4 slices prosciutto with garlic & herb cheese
S: Nature Valley protein bar
D: Cottage pie with cauli/turnip mash. Got a great mashing attachment for our stick blender. Works wonders.🙂
Pud: Heavenly chocolate cake (recipe from Ditch The Carbs)

Relieved it wasn’t just me Mark. I’ll throw it out for the birds, I don’t think hyperglycaemia is a concern for them! :D

Yesterday I had half a tin of John West Kippers on a thin slice of home made nutty bread toasted on a bed of spinach for breakfast. Lunch was my wif'e home made chicken cacciatore with veg. Tea was the rest of the kippers with spinach, and later had a glass of hot milk with two crispbread with light laughing cow cheese.

I forgot again! When I get my food in front of me I'm just thinking of scoffing it down rather than taking pics. I will try again this evening. Still got some cake left.🙂

It's not a big hospital, it's a small health centre they are based at, there is no direct bus from my town to there so I have to go 10 miles in the opposite direction first, this would mean for a 2:30 appointment I would have to leave my house at 11:30 and it would in fact be more than 6 hours as I wouldn't get back until just after 6, I did a lot of research into it and its just not manageable x
That’s a shame @Kaylz after you fought so hard to get the initial appointment. As it’s just once a fortnight can you not just see it as a day out, do a bit window shopping, have a coffee, you know pleasurable things, obviously I don’t know what’s in this town. Do they have a nice park you go could to when the weather gets warmer ( eventually). Read a mag or book/kindle on the bus. Could your mum or a friend go with you perhaps? I don’t like to think you’re not getting the help you need. Xx

That’s a shame @Kaylz after you fought so hard to get the initial appointment. As it’s just once a fortnight can you not just see it as a day out, do a bit window shopping, have a coffee, you know pleasurable things, obviously I don’t know what’s in this town. Do they have a nice park you go could to when the weather gets warmer ( eventually). Read a mag or book/kindle on the bus. Could your mum or a friend go with you perhaps? I don’t like to think you’re not getting the help you need. Xx
With the travel etc it's cutting it fine with the time as it is, I really don't have the strength to spend that long travelling every 2 weeks, nobody can afford the travel either, its not a decision I came to easily and I am very upset about it but it really cant be managed x

For breakfast I had a small bowl of cooked quinoa, unsweetened soya milk, linseed mix and a small handful of blueberries. Decaf coffee x 2. Water.

Decaf soya cappuccino with a sprinkle of chocolate at a cafe post gym.

Lunch was a medium no fat cottage cheese salad and an apple. Water.

Dinner A grilled fillet of sea bass - no oil, handful of brown rice, I med grilled tomato, kale and steamed carrots. Water.

Late evening snack
Unsweetened soya yogurt with 3 sliced strawberries. Teaspoon of chopped mixed nuts. Water.

Today;

B - indulgent egg, bacon, 1 Heck sausage, mushrooms & tomatoes & 1 slice of grain bread (11 grams carb @ slice)

L - tuna crunch toastie, salad garnish, coffee

D - Rib-eye steak, caramelised onions, few chips, sun dried tomato salad & chunk of broccoli.

Snack - 1 Lotus Biscoff biscuit, 1 Jaffa cake

For breakfast I had a small bowl of cooked quinoa, unsweetened soya milk, linseed mix and a small handful of blueberries. Decaf coffee x 2. Water.

Decaf soya cappuccino with a sprinkle of chocolate at a cafe post gym.

Lunch was a medium no fat cottage cheese salad and an apple. Water.

Dinner A grilled fillet of sea bass - no oil, handful of brown rice, I med grilled tomato, kale and steamed carrots. Water.

Late evening snack
Unsweetened soya yogurt with 3 sliced strawberries. Teaspoon of chopped mixed nuts. Water.
Yesterday
Breakfast half a banana, unsweetened soya milk and a small bowl of cooked quinoa and linseeds. Decaf coffee x 1 Pre- walk.
Lunch Boiled egg salad and a pear. Water.
Dinner : brown rice gluten - free pasta with homemade tomato sauce and 5 cooked king prawns. No oil baked mushrooms and rocket salad. Water.
Evening snack
Small piece of cheese and an apple. Water.

Today
B - jumbo oats, almond milk, raspberries, knob of butter and a coffee
mid-morning - coffee
D - 2 slices buttered wholemeal, smoked basa fillet, chunk of cucumber and a bar MR 85%
mid-afternoon - coffee
T - smoked basa fillet, charlotte potatoes, fine green beans and 2 squares 90%
After t - coffee 🙂
Bruce came back from Lidl with a heap of stuff for his work pieces and he had some rather nice looking turkey salami! Unfortunately he's not willing to share, however says he will get me some next time he's there, anyone else think that's a bit mean? Especially considering he had 4 packets honey roast ham as well! xx

Today:

B- Greek Yoghurt
L- Carrot & Coriander Soup, wholemeal bread and butter x2 slices
S- Olives, Ricotta stuffed cherry peppers.
S- Pastel de Nata
D- Slow cooked lamb shank with carrots, onions, peas. Roasted new potatoes.

The debate about which chocolate to snack on is about to begin 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back