What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found it in Aldi. Unfortunately it was a 'special' & they haven't got anymore, but I believe other supermarkets sell it. It looks like dried noodles & are boiled in the same way as spaghetti and very low carb at around 6.7g per 50g serving which is a bigger portion than it sounds as it doesn't weigh much. Some people don't like it, but I find it really nice.

Going to try and hunt some down!

As Mark said it was one of the specials (central aisle display in our shop - tools, homewares, sports stuff etc, etc - whatever is on that week and sometimes they keep what's left until it disappears). Mine still had a few packets left last week. It may be worth having a look. It was £2 with edamame, soya and black bean varieties. Tesco and Sainsburys have a black bean one for £3.

As Mark said it was one of the specials (central aisle display in our shop - tools, homewares, sports stuff etc, etc - whatever is on that week and sometimes they keep what's left until it disappears). Mine still had a few packets left last week. It may be worth having a look. It was £2 with edamame, soya and black bean varieties. Tesco and Sainsburys have a black bean one for £3.
I don't know if this true but I read somewhere that all Aldi stores are laid out the same way.

I don't know if this true but I read somewhere that all Aldi stores are laid out the same way.

Probably true from the ones I've been in. I think it's the case for all the supermarkets although size of the shops varies so they may shuffle things around a bit.

All Aldi's are structured on the same model and layout, maybe slightly more floor space but the basic same design. In Germany where they are huge they are all exactly the same setup and product range. It is a deliberate policy to control costs and to make it easier for both staff and customers. I spent a lot of time in Germany and they are the first stop choice for nearly everyone. When I employed expat Germans in the UK they made a beeline for Aldi and Lidl because they were so familiar to them.

Thank you. Will look!

Just done a search, & they sell it at Holland & Barrett, though it's nearly double the price of Aldi, but H&B do have their penny sale every now & then.

Today
B - jumbo oats, almond milk, raspberries, knob of butter and a coffee (used to keep me full until my dinner but now my tummy's rumbling by half 10 :()
mid-morning - coffee
D - wholemeal Bavarian ham sandwich and a chunk of cucumber and a bar MR 85%
mid-afternoon - coffee
T - smoked basa fillet, charlotte potatoes, fine green beans and 2 squares 90%
After t - coffee
(feeling hungry now and that's them away to sit and scoff their takeaway and nothing for me until the morning :() x

Tea
B: Out: 2 bacon, 2 sausage, 2 eggs, grilled tomato, beans, fried bread & a latte
2 crackers & cheese
Tea
T: New recipe: Chicken marengo (Good Food recipe) & basmati rice, 2 glasses wine
Just having a cognac :D

Today
B - jumbo oats, almond milk, raspberries, knob of butter and a coffee (used to keep me full until my dinner but now my tummy's rumbling by half 10 :()
mid-morning - coffee
D - wholemeal Bavarian ham sandwich and a chunk of cucumber and a bar MR 85%
mid-afternoon - coffee
T - smoked basa fillet, charlotte potatoes, fine green beans and 2 squares 90%
After t - coffee
(feeling hungry now and that's them away to sit and scoff their takeaway and nothing for me until the morning :() x

Hey Hun, are there no carb free snacks you’d feel comfortable munching on? Hate the idea of you being hungry but not eating. Maybe cheese or some nuts or something?

Today:

B- Greek yoghurt with handful of frozen raspberries (9g carbs)
L- Fajitas - turkey, mushrooms, peppers, onion, guacamole, sour cream, cheddar cheese. Two small wraps (32g carbs)
D- chicken pie (45g carbs), chocolate salted caramel ice cream (31g carbs)

Hey Hun, are there no carb free snacks you’d feel comfortable munching on? Hate the idea of you being hungry but not eating. Maybe cheese or some nuts or something?
No I don't feel comfortable to try anything at all, too scared the protein and/or fat effects my levels :( hate living in total fear all the time xx

No I don't feel comfortable to try anything at all, too scared the protein and/or fat effects my levels :( hate living in total fear all the time xx

Eat and inject for something you are confident with? Your usual breakfast as a late night snack or a sandwich.

Eat and inject for something you are confident with? Your usual breakfast as a late night snack or a sandwich.
I don't feel comfortable injecting so late with going to bed at 10 xx

Saturday 3/3
FBG (5.30am) - Not measured today
Breakfast 1 (5.30am): Porridge (made with almond milk), strawberries,
blackberries, pecans {297 Cal / 36.2g Carbs}
...............................2 mile walk
...............................5 km on rowing machine
Breakfast 2 (8.30am): Bacon, eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes,
toast (one slice, seeded) / Juice from one orange {267 Cal / 19.0g Carbs}

Lunch (12pm): Vegetable soup {75 Cal / 6.5g Carbs} /
Chicken, figs, tomatoes, hummus, rye bread {234 Cal / 22.9g Carbs}
Plums, raspberries, yoghurt, walnuts {171 Cal / 12.3g Carbs}

Snack (3pm): Banana (half) {53 Cal / 11.9g Carbs}
.................................5 mile walk

BG (6pm) - 4.1
Dinner (6pm): Turkey meatballs, tagliatelle, Nduja ragu, parmesan {458 Cal / 33.2g Carbs}
Wine: Malbec (6oz) {150 Cal / 4.6g Carbs}
Dessert: Chocolate fondant [small], vanilla ice cream, raspberries {226 Cal / 25.7g Carbs}

4 cups of coffee too

Calories 1987
Carbs 178.9g
Protein 101.1g
Fat 74.3g (Sat Fat 22.8g / Trans fat 0.7g)

All food cooked from scratch, if you would like any recipes please just ask

I don't feel comfortable injecting so late with going to bed at 10 xx

You need to find a way to have a snack with your 10am cuppa Kaylz. See if you can work getting through this barrier with the psychologist. It’s a goal you need to set yourself and the risks are not major. I’m not surprised you’re hungry and underweight at the moment and it’s a shame that fear is holding you back.

My Yesterdays

B –
Striploin beef steak a little Dijon, fried mushrooms, 2 fried eggs, BB, Low carb muffin
Mid Morning –
Nowt
L –
Well I decided to try 2 of Mamma Yangs dumplings, big mistake. Pushed my levels up from 6.3 to 8.5 at 2hrs the 9 at 3 Guess 2 is to much. My levels have been high all day for some strange reason.
Had them with Bacon, egg and 2 tbs bb
D –
Hunan cuisine
Stir fried cabbage and bacon, stir fried liver with garlic and chillies, black fungus in chili vinegar, Pork Hong Shao Rou in soy sauce and Mapo tofu. You really have to taste this dish to appreciate how wonderful it is.
Mid Evening-
Strawberries and cream
Drinks -
About 3.0 litres of coffee.
Water with Lemon approx. 0.5l
Zero Espressos
Zero Alpro Almond
Zero Moser Roth of any kind

End for today.

You need to find a way to have a snack with your 10am cuppa Kaylz. See if you can work getting through this barrier with the psychologist. It’s a goal you need to set yourself and the risks are not major. I’m not surprised you’re hungry and underweight at the moment and it’s a shame that fear is holding you back.
Unfortunately I'm not carrying on with the psychologist, I'm afraid that the 6 hours round trip every 2 weeks just isn't possible for me to do at the moment so I'm having to go it alone again x

Yet again forgot to take pics!🙄

B: Porridge made with water & cream with berries, ground linseed & nuts
L: Curried butternut squash soup
D: Kebab (from the kebab shop) with lots of salad & garlic mayo (no pitta)

Yet again forgot to take pics!🙄

B: Porridge made with water & cream with berries, ground linseed & nuts
L: Curried butternut squash soup
D: Kebab (from the kebab shop) with lots of salad & garlic mayo (no pitta)
LOVE Kebab meat. Used to eat it with can you guess?......................
Yes baked beans lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back