What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good number WL, that looks and sounds delicious. I assume some of it is on the way with the chicken casserole that is en route?
Define 1 portion please lol
:D
Just woken up and thanks Vince ~ yes it was delicious ~ didn't mention I had tablespoon of white basmati rice too! Was surprised at my numbers particularly as I'm having hot honey drinks, honey not good for my bgls! One can assume that a helping of my main will be on its way to you🙄 along with the chicken casserole!!! I might even deliver them to you in person. Any room at the Inn?:D🙂:D
One portion = 1 small chicken breast: 1sausage: a few small slices each of green, red & yellow peppers: 1 slice red onion: 1 large spring onion halved: 2 whole medium mushrooms: 2 thick slices of leek + Dolmio chicken tray bake sauce and Tblspn basmati rice. It sounds a lot but on the dinner plate it looked miserly!!
Having the same tomorrow.🙂
WL

Last edited:
Just woken up and thanks Vince ~ yes it was delicious ~ didn't mention I had tablespoon of white basmati rice too! Was surprised at my numbers particularly as I'm having hot honey drinks, honey not good for my bgls! One can assume that a helping of my main will be on its way to you🙄 along with the chicken casserole!!! I might even deliver them to you in person. Any room at the Inn?:D🙂:D
One portion = 1 small chicken breast: 1sausage: a few small slices each of green, red & yellow peppers: 1 slice red onion: 1 large spring onion halved: 2 whole medium mushrooms + Dolmio chicken tray bake sauce and Tblspn basmati rice. It sounds a lot but on the dinner plate it looked miserly!!
Having the same tomorrow.🙂
WL
Always room at the Inn for charming Ladies who can COOK. 🙂
Those number are good WL

Last edited:
Yesterday’s menu!

Brunch - cheese/ham omelette, slice buttered toast

D- homemade turkey burgers, large mixed salad, 4, small homemade potato wedges (BG 6.3, 2 hours later so pleased with that!)

B: Porridge with berries
L: Tuna mayo sarnie & Nature Valley Protein bar
D: Steak & kidney stew with 2 dumplings, brussels & parsnips
Pud: Rice pudding😱

Today
B - jumbo oats, almond milk, raspberries, knob of butter and a coffee
mid-morning - coffee
D - 2 slices buttered wholemeal, chunk of cucumber, haddock fillet and a bar MR 85%
mid afternoon - coffee
T - 2 minute steaks (butcher ones this week as Tesco didn't have any), charlotte potatoes, roasted sprouts and mushrooms (for someone that wouldn't go near mushrooms before I'm certainly eating a lot of them now! lol 🙂) onion gravy and a square Lindt 90%
After t - coffee :D xx20180302_163610.jpg

I'm going to need to start taking pics of my food. I keep forgetting.😳

Friday 2/3
FBG (5.30am) - 3.8 [very hungry on waking, quite surprised as I had quite a carby tea yesterday including mash, parsnips, fruit & ice cream - not all on the
same plate though]

Breakfast 1 (5.30am): Porridge (made with almond milk), peach,
blueberries, hazelnuts {283 Cal / 36.8g Carbs}
...............................3 mile walk
...............................5 km on rowing machine
Breakfast 2 (8.30am): Goat cheese & Parma ham omelette, mushrooms,
tomatoes / Juice from one grapefruit {318 Cal / 13.0g Carbs}

Snack (11am): Banana {69 Cal / 15.8g Carbs}
...............................5 km row

Lunch (12pm): Vegetable soup {94 Cal / 8.2g Carbs} /
Prawns, avocado, tomatoes, hummus, rye bread {290 Cal / 17.0g Carbs}
Strawberries, blackberries, yoghurt, walnuts {140 Cal / 13.6g Carbs}

Snack (4pm): Chocolate cookie {52 Cal / 8.3g Carbs}
.................................4 mile walk

Dinner (6pm): Basa fillet in breadcrumbs, fries, baked beans {315 Cal / 31.1g Carbs}
Wine: Viognier (2 x 4oz) {199 Cal / 6.1g Carbs}
Dessert: Mango, vanilla ice cream, passion fruit
[tastes like a deconstructed Solero] {109 Cal / 17.0g Carbs}

4 cups of coffee too

Calories 1928
Carbs 172.8g
Protein 107.4g
Fat 57.8g (Sat Fat 13.3g / Trans fat 0.4g)

All food cooked from scratch, if you would like any recipes please just ask

Today’s menu!

B - porridge, unsweetened almond milk, strawberries
L - ham and egg salad, houmous and a little cheese
D - homemade beef curry, cauliflower rice and roasted veg

Today
Milky coffee at 3.45am 😱
B: Irish porridge oats with skimmed milk & 2 tsp nutella, 2 boiled eggs, tea
L: 2 seeded bread toast with smoked mackerel pate, apple & Activia NAS yogurt
T: Slow cooker "roast" chicken, baby potatoes, sprouts & carrots. G&T, 2 glasses malbec
A couple of handfuls of sweet & salty popcorn

Alan went to see the doctor today, his HbA1c has gone up slightly, the doctor wanted to put his metformin up but Alan told him about our trip to the various European Christmas markets we visited in December and reminded him about Christmas. Doctor agreed that he could stay on 2 a day and will test again in 3 months' time.

Well isn't this starting to look like a porridge breakfast club?! LOL x

I love porridge but stopped eating it after diagnosis but now I have a small portion, but not every day 🙂
I love the stuff too but I suppose I am a Scot! HAHA xx

My Yesterdays

B –
Okra water, “ala” Ditto, Flaxseed, Strawberries, unsweetened Almond milk.
Mid Morning –
Nowt
L –
Factory Lunch
Fish, spinach, tofu strips with carrot, egg and tomato.
I also had a Alpen Bar which took my level to 7 after 2 hours back down
To 5.2 after 3 hours, so, I had another 1 lol. 90 minutes later 6.2.🙂
D –
Salmon fish cake Japanese, bought 10 so I need eat them, big plate of steamed broccoli with cream and blue cheese, vine tomatoes and self made egg mayo with tuna
Strawberries and cream.
Strawberries are the only decent berries around at this time of the year.
2sq Cachet 85%
Mid Evening-
Nowt
Drinks -
About 3.0 litres of coffee.
Water with Lemon approx. 0.5l

Zero Espressos
Zero Alpro Almond
Zero Moser Roth of any kind
End for today.

Oh Dear. A threat to National Security lol.
Untitled.jpeg

B: Fry up & bruv's
L: Bacon sarnie
D: Basa fillet marinated in Garam Masalla with savoury Bulgar Wheat

B: Fresh mackerel & 2 mushrooms stuffed with garlic & herb cream cheese
L: Tomato & red pepper soup with small crusty wholemeal roll
D: Spag bol with soya bean spaghetti
Pud: Jelly & squirty cream.

Soya bean spaghetti? Tell me more please!

I love porridge but stopped eating it after diagnosis but now I have a small portion, but not every day 🙂
Before diagnosis I had porridge with brown sugar, golden syrup & raisins, made with 4% milk. I now use almond milk (unsweetened) and just add fresh fruit. I'm happy to eat it without the fruit as my taste buds have changed and I really find most things sweet enough (e.g. 100% chocolate).
Also, I only have porridge when I am about to exercise, if I am too busy it is bacon & eggs for me.

Soya bean spaghetti? Tell me more please!
Found it in Aldi. Unfortunately it was a 'special' & they haven't got anymore, but I believe other supermarkets sell it. It looks like dried noodles & are boiled in the same way as spaghetti and very low carb at around 6.7g per 50g serving which is a bigger portion than it sounds as it doesn't weigh much. Some people don't like it, but I find it really nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back