What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pizza can be very slow release but peak high. The last time I had a slice of pizza, for the same reason you had, it took 3 hours to peak. It was something like 7.9 so not too deadly.
I've generally avoided it until now just to be on the safe side. I didn't test afterwards because it would have been half 11 and I was asleep then, so I don't know how it affected me afterwards. 6.6 this morning so not as bad as I have been.

Today
B - jumbo oats, almond milk, raspberries, knob of butter and a coffee
mid-morning - coffee
D - wholemeal smoked Bavarian ham and cucumber sandwich and a bar MR 85%
mid-afternoon - coffee
T - mince, charlotte potatoes, Brussel sprouts and 1 square Lindt 90%
Just finished - coffee xx

B - 2 slices protein bread with turkey & teaspoon mayo

L - shared a Tesco Thai curry and rice portion with hubbie, 1 small garlic & coriander naan

D - Home made spicy tomato sausage casserole with heap of spring greens, 1 tablespoon mash and tablespoon of rice left from lunchtime

Snack - Time Out bar

Today
Tea x 2
B: Banana chia pudding with blueberries, 2 boiled eggs
Apple
L: In local pub; prawn & marie rose butty on seeded bread, salad & 6-8 chips
T: French style chicken & peas & 2 tbsp mixed wholegrain & white rice. 2 x vin rouge 😉
Tea during the day.

No, not at all. When I stood on the scales it was me who said "OMG I've put weight on" & when she checked it was 5kg. She was not at all judgmental (she is short and a little round herself 😉).
Nearly all the nurses in our practice are a bit on the round side, but when Mr Eggy was in hospital last year I don’t think I have ever seen so many overweight nurses, they work 12 hour shifts and are so busy I am assuming they must just grab what they can, it probably doesn’t help that the patients and their carers are always arriving with cakes, biscuits and sweets as a thank you! We were guilty of that too! 😳

Thanks guys. I used to have a George Foreman, but found it used to make the steaks the texture of beef joint and I didn't really like it. Never thought of draining, or not using oil though. Will have to keep that in mind when I try them next.
I had a George Formby, it cleaned the windows as well! ( Google it if your under 50!) :D

it probably doesn’t help that the patients and their carers are always arriving with cakes, biscuits and sweets as a thank you! We were guilty of that too! 😳
When I had my daughter (many years ago) I was quite ill and had a 2 week stay in hospital, the nurses were wonderful so I bought a huge pack of tights for them all cos one of them was telling me about how many pairs she went through.

Wednesday 7/2
FBG Not measured today
Breakfast (8am): Ham, mushroom, tomato & pea omelette /
Juice from half a grapefruit {278 Cal / 12.5g Carbs}

...............................7 mile walk

Lunch (12pm): Vegetable soup {96 Cal / 14.9g Carbs}
Prawn, avocado, cucumber, tomato, spinach, walnut bread, hummus {302 Cal / 15.3g Carbs}
Blackberries, pear, yoghurt, walnuts {137 Cal / 12.6g Carbs}

BG (6pm) 4.0
Dinner (6pm): Salmon fillet, sweet potato & garlic mash, roast celeriac,
samphire, sweetcorn {380 Cal / 27.1g Carbs}
Dessert: Flambed pineapple, vanilla ice cream, passion fruit, pecans {115 Cal / 17.7g Carbs}

Snack (9pm): Toasted walnut bread, peanut butter, peach {196 Cal / 15.5g Carbs}

3 cups of coffee too

Calories 1607
Carbs 122.3g
Protein 99.8g
Fat 69.8g (Sat Fat 14.9g / Trans fat 0.2g)

FBG (8/2 05:30) 4.0
All food cooked from scratch, if you would like any recipes please just ask

Last edited:
My Yesterdays

B –
Okra water
20gr “ala” Ditto, flaxseed full fat milk and Strawberries
Mid Morning –
Nowt
L –
Factory Lunch
Chicken curry I ate the potatoes, cabbage, tofu and seaweed, fried egg.
Mid Afternoon-
4 Longan fruit 0.48g/carbs per berry. Similar to a Lychee. In the past I would have scoffed dozens.
D –
2 Ground beef burgers topped with blue cheese, 2 fried eggs AND 2tbs BB.
Ok, I know not exactly haute cuisine but I was hungry and have a passion for blue cheese
Strawberries and cream.
Mid Evening-
Nowt
About 1.5 litre of coffee possibly 2.
0 Espressos
Water with Lemon approx.0.5 litre.
No Alpro Almond

End for today.

Today:
Will not be shared - its awful. Tomorrow will be better haha.
Had many days like that, where the brain says”what’s next” and dread ads on tv, cause up you get to forage for food.

Yesterday
Hi fibre with sultanas

Banana

Ham and cheese wholemeal sandwich ,oven baked crisps

2 satsumas

4 sugar free sweets
Home made cream of broccoli and cauliflower soup plus 3 cheesy oatcakes with a triangle of laughing cow cheese
W/w yogurt and sugar free jelly

Bar moser Roth

@Mark Parrott
Mark, I know this not be one of my more intelligent questions but when you make the Low Carb muffins do you transfer the mixture into another container for the microwave or just put the mixing jug in..
I know, I know forgive me for asking.

@Mark Parrott
Mark, I know this not be one of my more intelligent questions but when you make the Low Carb muffins do you transfer the mixture into another container for the microwave or just put the mixing jug in..
I know, I know forgive me for asking.
Leave it in the jug I guess 🙂 Just read the recipe again lol

Leave it in the jug I guess 🙂 Just read the recipe again lol
Yes, leave in the jug. I use a plastic jug that has quite a wide base for a nice sized muffin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back