What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday
B- high fibre, sultanas and made with almond stuffy
S banana, 2 satsumas (at 11-felt really hungry)
Small chocolate biscuit
L- homemade butternut squash and red pepper soup, 3 egg/ham muffins, yogurt
3pm wee choc biscuit
D- pulled chicken and bacon topped with mash ,carrots
Satsuma

Small mini dark choc toblerone

Kit kat (last in packet)

Didn’t realise how much chocolate

Chocolate aero mousse
Not sure where you do your shopping but the chocolate and mint ones are down to 75p at Tesco just now and the aero creations chocolate down to £1 🙂 x

There was a very popular disco record by ABBA called "Dancing Queen". I think they should release a new recording in honour of @Kaylz but this time call it "Tesco Queen". It would work just sang it to myself :D

There was a very popular disco record by ABBA called "Dancing Queen". I think they should release a new recording in honour of @Kaylz but this time call it "Tesco Queen". It would work just sang it to myself :D
haha this really did make me laugh and I just found myself singing it in my head :D x

B: 1 Fuel Protein Wheat Biscuit, a few oats, nuts & seeds, ground linseed, cinnamon with double cream & almond milk
L: Ham & tomato in Lidl Protein roll
D: Chicken in a basil, tomato & mascarpone sauce with green beans (another Tom Kerridge recipe)
Pud: 1 choc/peanut butter cup. Added some Tia Maria to them & the chocolate seized! They look a mess but taste ok.

Because I have been away for a couple of days stuffing my face with rich and wonderful food just wanted “ ordinary” yesterday.
B. ( in hotel) Eggs Royale, two poached eggs on small muffin, hollandaise sauce and smoked salmon, granary toast with spoonful strawberry jam.
L. ( at home) tuna sandwich in Burgen, packet of plain crisps.
D. Bacon, egg and oven chips and slice of Hovis granary ( ran out of Burgen), I even weighed my chips, I usually just guesstimate, it was blooming lovely! Later I had three tiny thin homemade shortbread biscuits snaffled from hotel room. Tested before bed, 5.3! How did that happen? Had a bit of chocolate! Back to it today, going for my “ big” shop soon.

Today
B - jumbo oats, almond milk, raspberries, knob of butter and a coffee
mid-morning - coffee
D - wholemeal egg mayo and onion sandwich and a vanilla Viennese thin
mid-afternoon - coffee
T - mince, charlotte potatoes, sprouts and 1 square Lindt 90%
Currently - coffee 🙂 x

Today
B-High fibre bran with a wee spoon of sultanas puts Alphonso almond
S- banana,satsuma
L- home made butternut squash / red pepper soup, mullerlight yog plus rasps and blueberry
S-4 tick tacks ( pushed the boat out)
D- ham, cabbage,2 baby boils. Rasps and blueberries, s/f jelly and double cream
Bar moser roth
Small slice wholemeal toast and marmalade
Really impressed BG before dinner 5.5

Last edited:
B - poached egg on 1 slice wholemeal toast, tea

L - bacon sandwich & latte (caramel shortbread and brought half home)

D - mince (I’m copying Kaylz), small dumpling, spring greens, carrots, garden peas and a broccoli and cauliflower gratin, gravy

Snack - 11 grams of carb chocolate! 😛 (Moser & Roth milk bar)

Today:

B: Cornflakes
L: mini pork pie, coleslaw, ham and mustard wholemeal sandwich + additional slice of bread and butter. Profiterole mousse dessert.
D: chicken tikka curry with poppadoms x2.

Food today (31/1)
Breakfast (8am): Toast (one slice, seeded), mushrooms, ham, tomatoes,
scrambled eggs, baked beans / Juice from one grapefruit {377 Cal / 23.9g Carbs}
...................................6 mile walk

Lunch (12pm): Game stew [leftovers], new potatoes, squash,
runner beans {364 Cal / 36.1g Carbs}
Pear, blackberries, yoghurt, walnuts {141 Cal / 12.2g Carbs}

Snack (3pm): Toast (one slice, seeded), peanut butter, half avocado {275 Cal / 14.5g Carbs}
.................................3 mile walk

Dinner (6pm): Wild duck, celeriac & white bean soup {82 Cal / 10.0g Carbs}
Haddock loin in breadcrumbs, fries, peas, sweetcorn {280 Cal / 27.1g Carbs}
Cherries, blueberries, yoghurt, amaretti biscuit {102 Cal / 16.3g Carbs}

Snack (8.30pm): Bread & butter (thick slice, seeded, fresh from the oven),
milk {232 Cal / 24.9g Carbs}

3 cups of coffee too

Calories 1908
Carbs 171.2g
Protein 129.4g
Fat 64.5g (Sat Fat 15.6g / Trans fat 0.8g)

FBG Tomorrow (1/2) not measured, below 4.5 every day for 6 months so will
now measure FBG every 2 days, plus random other measurements

All food cooked from scratch, if you would like any recipes please just ask

Tea
B: Small banana, 2 fried eggs on superseeded bread
Satsuma
L: Chicken butty on same bread, 3 very small melon slices, mullerlight yogurt
Small packet pork scratchings
T: Meatloaf from Lidl (very nice) 2 boiled potatoes, sprouts, carrots & broccoli
Tea & coffee during the day.

B: Mackerel fillet & 2 flat mushrooms filled with garlic & herb cream cheese & ground linseed
L: Hot Pepperami & chocolate & sea salt nut bar
D: Pancetta carbonara made with soya bean spaghetti
Pud: 2 choc/peanut butter cups
2 glasses of bubbly

If I could still eat things in Greggs, it would be half seriously considered!

@Kaylz @grainger has had squirty cream A G A I N!!!:D
Not that I am telling tales or anything😉
I'd eat it every day if I could :D

D. Bacon, egg and oven chips and slice of Hovis granary ( ran out of Burgen), I even weighed my chips, I usually just guesstimate, it was blooming lovely! Later I had three tiny thin homemade shortbread biscuits snaffled from hotel room. Tested before bed, 5.3! How did that happen? Had a bit of chocolate! Back to it today, going for my “ big” shop soon.
How are you finding the Hovis Granary for your BG levels in general? My local Tesco has stopped stocking the Hovis Lower Carb, so I've switched to this in desperation and found that my levels don't really rise with it, so I'm pleased. I'm always intrigued to know how it all works with other people.

Couple of days to catch up on!

Tuesday
B: Fried egg on wholemeal toast and bacon
L: Walked out at lunchtime to co-op as had run out of food in the house, so a Pepperami, mini chicken skewers, some chicken bites and a bag of Wotsits.
D: Guide night, so had two pieces of granary toast and marmite, and a small bowl of Cinnamon Roll Halo Top (end of the pot :( )

Wednesday
B: 'Work breakfast' (fried egg, toast and bacon)
L: Sliced turkey and brussel sprouts from the work canteen. Utterly devoid of carbs, AND taste!
D: Rump steak and chips in the pub to make up for the disaster of lunch.

Have been to Tesco now though, so I have decent food in the house for better lunches again!!

If I could still eat things in Greggs, it would be half seriously considered!

I'd eat it every day if I could :D

How are you finding the Hovis Granary for your BG levels in general? My local Tesco has stopped stocking the Hovis Lower Carb, so I've switched to this in desperation and found that my levels don't really rise with it, so I'm pleased. I'm always intrigued to know how it all works with other people.
I don’t really know as I am on MDI so just adjusted my NovoRapid for it, but when I looked it’s only 17 grams as opposed to Burgen being nearly 12, so probably in the grand scheme of things it probably doesn’t make a lot of difference.I prefer Burgen to the granary as I think it’s a bit heavy. The granary belongs to Mr Eggy, he hates Burgen. We’re a two loaf family! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back