Not open for further replies.
Today
B - jumbo oats, almond milk, raspberries, knob of butter and a coffee
mid-morning - coffee
D - wholemeal sandwich with a basa fillet and mayonnaise and a lotus biscuit
mid-afternoon - coffee
T - basa fillet, charlotte potatoes, fine green beans and 2 squares Lindt 90%
After - coffee 🙂 xx

I’m blaming the baby today... sooo hungry!

B: rice crispies (made by my little boy for me so didn’t want to disappoint him), thankfully 2hrs later 6.5 so all good.
S: chicken and mushroom slice (rice crispies do not keep you full until lunch).
L: one slice while meal bread with butter. Ham. Cherry peppers ricotta stuffed (entire pot - erm ops). Chocolate and vanilla ice cream.
D: Cottage pie.

Am stuffed and uncomfortable - no room left for me to breathe with this huge belly! Roll on delivery. Need a healthy day tomorrow. On the plus side numbers stayed in the 6s all day so far (except on waking) so that’s a positive

Today
Tea
B: Mushroom & cheese omelette, milky coffee
Satsuma
L: Baxter's chicken broth, 2 laughing cow light triangles, fruit cocktail, mullerlight yogurt
Small banana
T: 2 small pork chops, Tilda mushroom basmati rice, coffee
Tea during the day.

I don’t really know as I am on MDI so just adjusted my NovoRapid for it, but when I looked it’s only 17 grams as opposed to Burgen being nearly 12, so probably in the grand scheme of things it probably doesn’t make a lot of difference.I prefer Burgen to the granary as I think it’s a bit heavy. The granary belongs to Mr Eggy, he hates Burgen. We’re a two loaf family! :D
Ah, that's fair! My housemate has adopted my new diet by default as I do all the cooking - while fortunately she like the bread I'm buying, she does occasionally get a white loaf from the bakery for a change.

B - scrambled, cheesy eggs on 1 slice wholemeal toast, slice of smoked salmon

L - chicken and stuffing sandwich in brown granary, latte

D - rib eye steak, onions, broccoli, 6 chilli coated chips, sour cream dip

Snack - 2 Riesen sweets

Pot of rice pudding 😛

My Yesterdays

You REALLY don't want to know, honestly you don't.
Suffice it to say one ate everything one shouldn't eat didn't one?
Including a wonderful pastry boat filled with a delicious custard sauce and strawberries and muffin that was anything but low carb.
One didn't bother testing ones' BG levels did one as one was working on the principle that ignorance is bliss.

Lucky esacape at Pudong Airport after initial panic.
They were scanning everyones bags on arrival and I had a miniture,portable ALDI store in mine BUT just before my turn they decided that the queue was to long so they waved ALL non-Chinese through.
Big PHEW !!!! From Vince.
Interesting flight; met a Santander Banker form Newcastle, Bengali in origin taking his 88 years old Grandfather to vsit his home in Bangladesh first time he had been home for many years. The Grandad is a T2 Diabetic who eats everything and anything which worries his Grandson and who was lecturing most of the way .. Told his Grandson that at 88 itt isn't important as long as Grandad is happy.
A French/African budding football player about 10 feet tall on his was to Shanghai to meet his agent here and a Burmese/ USA citizen who owns a chain of dry cleaning stores in Florida on his way to visit his roots in Mynamar,, Rangoon. Young guy very smart and successful. A Pakistani banana farmer who lives and works in Australis who had been home to Pakistan to visit his family, a terrifically nice guy. This ended up with invitations to visit and stay with people in Tampa, Rangoon and Mindi Beach AU.
I love multiculturalism, you can learn so much from other cultures and soak up knowledge that helps to understand how the world works. You also begin to appreciate that what we read in the press about these places in, in many cases, totally untrue or biased.

Now no longer on Meds, will go back to trying drinking Okra watrer again. Dirt cheap here already have some in the fridge

Food yesterday (1/2)
Breakfast 1 (5.30am): Porridge (made with almond milk), peach,
raspberries, almonds {303 Cal/ 39.2g Carbs}
..............................3 mile walk
..............................5 km row
Breakfast 2 (8am): Toast (one slice, seeded), hummus, tomatoes,
garlic mushrooms, baked beans / Juice from one orange {206 Cal / 25.2g Carbs}

..............................5 km row
Lunch (12pm): Vegetable soup {89 Cal / 7.7g Carbs}
Chicken & avocado salad, rye bread, hummus {445 Cal / 16.2g Carbs}
Pear, blackberries, yoghurt, walnuts, 90% chocolate {181 Cal / 13.6g Carbs}

Snack (3.30pm) Toast (one slice, seeded), peanut butter, half avocado {381 Cal / 19.5g Carbs}
.................................4 mile walk

BG (6pm) 4.4
Dinner (6pm): Turkey lasagne {368 Cal / 22.6g Carbs}
Wine: Chianti {113 Cal / 3.5g Carbs}
Dessert: Strawberries, blueberries, yoghurt, hazelnuts {116 Cal / 12.6g Carbs}

3 cups of coffee too

Calories 2156
Carbs 165.3g
Protein 116.1g
Fat 87.5g (Sat Fat 17.5g / Trans fat 0.4g)

FBG Today (2/2 05:30) 4.3
All food cooked from scratch, if you would like any recipes please just ask

Well found some Almond Unsweetened Soya milk, £5.03/litre and 2.6g/carbs per 100 ml.
Will be giving that a miss at the price and carb level.
Back to the drawing board.

Untitled.jpeg

B: 2 mackerel fillets on 1 slice toasted Burgen
L: Ham, cream cheese & cucumber sarnie
D: Aldi 'Slim Well' chicken saag ready meal with cauli rice & a small naan. The saag was only 9g for the whole packet & it's a big portion. Naan wasn't low carb though.:confused:
Pud: 1 bar MR cherry mousse au chocolat

Blimey Vince, that was a close call! Trying to explain all that food would have been fun!!!

So, yesterday...

B: Greggs Bacon roll (covering again)
L: Hovis wholemeal granary, with cheese, ham, cucumber, and iceburg lettuce, packet of Wotsits, and a strawberry Skyr yoghurt.
Snack: Peanut and Chocolate Nature Valley bar on the train on the way back home
D: Ikea meatballs, mixed peas and sweetcorn, and about 8 thin french fries.
Packet of Salted Caramel Coconut Pecks.

Blimey Vince, that was a close call! Trying to explain all that food would have been fun!!!

So, yesterday...

B: Greggs Bacon roll (covering again)
L: Hovis wholemeal granary, with cheese, ham, cucumber, and iceburg lettuce, packet of Wotsits, and a strawberry Skyr yoghurt.
Snack: Peanut and Chocolate Nature Valley bar on the train on the way back home
D: Ikea meatballs, mixed peas and sweetcorn, and about 8 thin french fries.
Packet of Salted Caramel Coconut Pecks.
I coould have ended up in some undisclosed "location" for a while lol

No I bought them from Sainsbury’s Kaylz. They’re frozen, chilli coated chips and actually quite hot (and carby if you have too many).
Hopefully now I've got an appointment for the 14th I wont be worrying about that so much for much longer! Will head over to the website and have a look at them as I'm sure Sainsburys deliver in my area, thanks!! 🙂 xx

Today
B - jumbo oats, almond milk, raspberries, knob of butter and a coffee
mid-morning - coffee
D - wholemeal egg mayo sandwich and a lotus
mid-afternoon - coffee
T - thin cut beef steak, charlotte potatoes, Brussel sprouts, onion gravy and 1 square Lindt 90%
Currently - coffee x

Vince is jetlagged and wide awake and hungry lol
Coffee bubbling way, cat sprawled across my knees purring away. Strangely quite a reassuring sound.
My Yesterdays
B –
Nowt to late
Mid Morning –
Nowt
L –
Bacon and eggs, that is all that was in the fridge.
Mid Afternoon-
Nowt
D –
Hunam Cuisine.
Spinach with garlic, Mapo tofu, Spicy beef , radish spring onion and leek with ginger, Black fungus in vinegar and Chilli, Liver with onions Hunan style
Mid Evening –
Nowt
About 1.5litre of coffee.
0 Espressos
Water with Lemon approx. 1.0 litre.
No Alpro Almond here BAH!!!!

I forgot tonight is the Spring Festival Dinner for the company.
Will be feasting a plenty, no idea what they have selevcted.

End for today.

_IMG_4681.jpg IMG_4680.jpg IMG_4679.jpg IMG_4682.jpg IMG_4678.jpg _____________________________________________

February 15th is Chinese New Year, Spring Festival.
Steeped in history and tradition as old as the Chinese civilisation itself.
Next year is The Year Of The Dog. It lasts 15 days culminating with Lantern Festival on the 15th day. I guarantee every night for 15 days fireworks will be set off at midnight.
The foods I used to indulge in will have to be avoided as will be the small very sweet oranges given as traditional Spring Festival gifts as a token of good luck and wealth. I used to eat them by the ton but alas no longer.
I will however receive 100’s as Spring Festival gifts and I guess the people who know I cannot eat them will become my best buddies for a time lol.
IMG_4683.jpg IMG_4684.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back