What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knew there was something I forgot to mention.... probably due to shame

I had a mug full of squirty cream with a spoon earlier - was awesome! 😳
LOL
You have no idea how much I am laughing BUT I promise not to mention it to @Kaylz
ooooops 🙄

B: Mushroom omelette
L: Small bag of pork scratchings & an Aldi choc & sea salt nut bar
D: Home made donner kebab (Tom Kerridge recipe)
Pud: 1 bat MR cherry mousse au chocolat & 3 maltesers
3 G&T's

Well found some Almond Unsweetened Soya milk, £5.03/litre and 2.6g/carbs per 100 ml.
Will be giving that a miss at the price and carb level.
Back to the drawing board.

View attachment 6562
You can make almond milk vince.. I used to have instructions but never made it

Today
B - jumbo oats, almond milk, raspberries, knob of butter and a coffee
mid-morning - coffee
D - wholemeal egg mayo sandwich and a lotus
mid-afternoon - coffee
T - thin cut beef steak, charlotte potatoes, Brussel sprouts, onion gravy and 1 square Lindt 90%
Currently - coffee x
Why the knob of butter Kaylz? Maybe daft question

Why the knob of butter Kaylz? Maybe daft question
When i had the cold I was having big spikes after meals that hadn't been a problem before and adding fat slows the absorption of the carbs, now I just like the flavour with the butter and as I'm needing weight on me a blob of butter does no harm lol xx

My yesterday’s
B- weetabix protein with almond approach
S-banana
L-2 wholemeal cheese and ham sandwiches
D- cheesy scrambled eggs and 2slices ham, ,mullerlight yogurt
S- bag of skinny sweet and salty popcorn at cinema plus 1 rhubarb and custard haribo(yuk)
Supper- bowl of granola
Need to up my veg. Everyone else looks so much more interesting food choices

When i had the cold I was having big spikes after meals that hadn't been a problem before and adding fat slows the absorption of the carbs, now I just like the flavour with the butter and as I'm needing weight on me a blob of butter does no harm lol xx
ah, thanks. I thought the butter maybe made porridge creamier bu I understand your plan. Maybe will try that
Kept seeing you post basa and never had it (not too great with fish unless it came as a fish supper or a tin of tuna or occasional salmon fillet or smoked salmon lol) but bought basa fillets from Lidl or Aldi, so going to try tonight. Wish me luck

ah, thanks. I thought the butter maybe made porridge creamier bu I understand your plan. Maybe will try that
Kept seeing you post basa and never had it (not too great with fish unless it came as a fish supper or a tin of tuna or occasional salmon fillet or smoked salmon lol) but bought basa fillets from Lidl or Aldi, so going to try tonight. Wish me luck
You could also use cocoa butter or coconut oil in your porridge if you wanted, I'm having smoked basa tonight, I think its delicious I hope you like it too! let me know what you think 🙂 xx

You could also use cocoa butter or coconut oil in your porridge if you wanted, I'm having smoked basa tonight, I think its delicious I hope you like it too! let me know what you think 🙂 xx
Will do about basa. Had the porridge with almond stuff but bought a carton from Aldi. Not as nice as alpro. Did put wee blob of butter in, made it quite creamy but more salty. Will have another go another day so not put off. Think I will get alpro stocked up.

Will do about basa. Had the porridge with almond stuff but bought a carton from Aldi. Not as nice as alpro. Did put wee blob of butter in, made it quite creamy but more salty. Will have another go another day so not put off. Think I will get alpro stocked up.
I think the Aldi almond milk has carbs? I could be wrong though, yes it does taste slightly salty with salted butter but I like that, especially with the raspberries mixed in, alpro long life almond milk is £1 a carton just now at Tesco so get yourself there!! lol 🙂 xx

@Vince_UK I saw an almond milk recipe the other day, not sure how much it makes but you could try it and see then if you like it etc adjust quantities to make more all it was, was
100g raw almonds and 500ml water (well they used 4 dates for a sweetened version)
Soak almonds in a bowl of water overnight, drain, rinse and peel them, blend the almonds with 500ml water until well blended and almost smooth, strain the mixture using a strainer or cheesecloth, store in fridge in a sealed container for up to 4 days x

I think the Aldi almond milk has carbs? I could be wrong though, yes it does taste slightly salty with salted butter but I like that, especially with the raspberries mixed in, alpro long life almond milk is £1 a carton just now at Tesco so get yourself there!! lol 🙂 xx
According to My Fitness Pal, the Aldi unsweetened almond milk has 1g carb more than the Alpro (100mls). I didn't know the Alpro tasted better than Aldi. Never tried it. Will have to get some.🙂

According to My Fitness Pal, the Aldi unsweetened almond milk has 1g carb more than the Alpro (100mls). I didn't know the Alpro tasted better than Aldi. Never tried it. Will have to get some.,
I'm afraid I don't trust my fitness pal as I've looked at stuff on there and it has completely different information to the label in front of me! LOL, the alpro is great but then I've never tried any of the others so unlike others I cant compare any brands haha x

Today
B - jumbo oats, almond milk, raspberries, knob of butter and a coffee
mid-morning - coffee
D - 2 slices buttered wholemeal and a plain 2 egg omelette and a lotus biscuit
mid-afternoon - coffee
T - smoked basa, charlotte potatoes, green beans and 2 squares Lindt 90%
Currently - coffee

Today
Tea
B: 40g all bran & small banana, skimmed milk
L: Some chicken drumsticks & wings, some antipasti & gherkins
Latte
A pre dinner G&T
T: Sirloin steak, skin on fries & a couple of onion rings, 2 small glasses of vin rouge
Tea during the day
I'm now on 2nd G&T :D

Today
Tea
B: 40g all bran & small banana, skimmed milk
L: Some chicken drumsticks & wings, some antipasti & gherkins
Latte
A pre dinner G&T
T: Sirloin steak, skin on fries & a couple of onion rings, 2 small glasses of vin rouge
Tea during the day
I'm now on 2nd G&T :D
I'm still on my first.😛

Yes it does, if I recall I think it is 2.4g/100ml

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back