What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So having that can effect sugar levels quite a few hours later rather than the 2 hours? Ugh!
Trying to get my head around things but hubby a son putting things out of my reach and sight so I’m less likely to give into cravings lol
Yeah, Fibre and fat can both slow down the absorption of glucose into the blood stream, which actually isn't necessarily a bad thing, particularly if your levels stay within the 4-7 boundaries. It is better that way than to have a lot of spikes, definitely. This is why a few of us often have cream with things, the fat can make some things a bit more tolerable. It's still something I'm getting my head around myself!

I have to add a pack of frazzles to my today’s and another chocolate mousse (so bad!)... but heading to bed now as knackered and reading is 6.2 so I’m happy and unborn is well fed and watered. Back to being healthy tomorrow!
I love Frazzles. They seem to be quite acceptable for me to have with lunch too!

Yesterday I had:
B: Fried egg on wholemeal toast with bacon
L: Hovis wholemeal granary sandwich with laughing cow, ham, and salad cream. Packet of Frazzles, mini cheese portion, and a Skyr yoghurt with pear, apple, and cinnamon flavour.
D: Cajun chicken burger with chips in the pub. Forgot to take my meter with me so I have no idea what happened to my BG, actually slightly annoyed about that.

Last edited:
Today
B - jumbo oats, almond milk, raspberries and a coffee
id-morning - coffee
D - 2 slices wholemeal with a slice of gouda and corned beef and 2 squares Lidl's 81%
mid-afternoon - coffee
T - smoked basa fillet, charlotte potatoes, sliced green beans and 2 squares Lindt 90%
After t - coffee x

Today
High bran with Alpro Almond milk(weighed and a wee 1/2 handful of sultanas)

Banana

Egg mayo whole meal sandwich, muller light yog

Twix(got behind me SATAN)

Home made lentil soup
2 smallslices of wholemeal protein bread toasted with cheese

Today
Tea
B: 40g all bran, 2 boiled eggs
11.30: Small banana
L: Ham butty on sunflower & pumpkin seed bread, berries, mullerlight yogurt
T: Slow cooked gammon, 2 slices tinned pineapple & vegetable bake, coffee.
Tea during the day.

Today:

B: Fried egg on toast (wholemeal)
L: Coleslaw, Ham & Frazzles. Kiwi Fruit
S: Vanilla Yoghurt
D: KFC - BBQ Twister, Strips & hotwings. Chocolate Aero Mousse.

Ok - not particularly healthy - but what baby wants baby gets?!?!

My Yesterdays
B –
7.00 am 20g “ala Ditto” with Alpro and flaxseed.
9 am, pork and leek sausages with 2 egg Omelette.
L –
Chicken in Vietnamese lemongrass and ginger sauce with cauliflower rice, leftovers from yesterday.
My levels actually dropped from 5.7 pre to 5.2 post.
Mid afternoon –
1 bar MR 85%
D –
Flat iron steak with steamed sprouts, lots of them, and sweet potato mash a little butter and Dijon mustard on the steak.
Raspberries and double cream
Before Bed-
A little Roma Ham, Gorgonzola cheese and 2 vine toms
glass Alpro

About 2 litre of coffee.
4 Espressos
Water with Lime approx. 0.5 litre.
2 Glasses of Alpro Almond.

End for today.

B: Toasted cheese sarne (1 slice Burgen crust end)
L: Cajun chicken sarnie (2 slices Burgen)
D: Liver, bacon & sausage casserole with cauli & carrots
Pud: Bread & butter pudding with double cream. Well, it was Naughty Thursday.:D

B: Greggs bacon roll (normally only have 1 a week but I was covering in the other office yesterday)
L: Small salad bowl from Morrisons, bag of Kettle Bites, mini cheese portion and a pepperami.
D: Hoisin duck noodles and mini spare ribs from M&S. Small bowl of cinnamon roll Halo Top ice cream.

Hmmmm
Define a "Small bowl"?
:D
:D:D:D

Actually, to be fair it was about a quarter of a pot which was the recommended portion size! Not as much as pre-diabetic me would have had at all!!!

Today
B - jumbo oats, almond milk, raspberries, knob of butter and a coffee
mid-morning - coffee
D - wholemeal sandwich with a smoked basa fillet and mayo and 2 squares Lidl's 81%
mid-afternoon - coffee
T - thin cut beef steak, charlotte potatoes, Brussel sprouts, onion gravy and a square Lindt 90%
Currently - coffee x

Can you freeze Lidl Protein rolls?
Had my first one today, bacon sandwich and it was terrific, my levels didn't budge. 5.7 pre - 5.7 post 2 hours
Everygtime I go to Lidl's though to buy them they usually don't have any left today I was there at 8.30am lol
Wonderful things
Bread again at last

Can you freeze Lidl Protein rolls?
Had my first one today, bacon sandwich and it was terrific, my levels didn't budge. 5.7 pre - 5.7 post 2 hours
Everygtime I go to Lidl's though to buy them they usually don't have any left today I was there at 8.30am lol
Wonderful things
Bread again at last
Yes. I defrost in microwave.

Today:

B: fried egg on toast (16g carb)
S: shared with my mum on a girls morning - Bakewell tart & carrot cake with tea. (35g carb estimate - ops but yummy)
L: tuna and sweetcorn sandwich (32g carb)
D: chicken thighs, chorizo, red onion, new potatoes, rosemary, peas and gravy - all on one tray roasted (excl. peas and gravy). Yum. (30g carb)
S: plan to have a chocolate aero mousse or if feeling virtuous then a weight watchers vanilla yoghurt. (Either 14g or 7g carb)

Tiredness is getting to me - anyone else want to eat more when tired?

Today:

B: fried egg on toast (16g carb)
S: shared with my mum on a girls morning - Bakewell tart & carrot cake with tea. (35g carb estimate - ops but yummy)
L: tuna and sweetcorn sandwich (32g carb)
D: chicken thighs, chorizo, red onion, new potatoes, rosemary, peas and gravy - all on one tray roasted (excl. peas and gravy). Yum. (30g carb)
S: plan to have a chocolate aero mousse or if feeling virtuous then a weight watchers vanilla yoghurt. (Either 14g or 7g carb)

Tiredness is getting to me - anyone else want to eat more when tired?
? missing anything? 😉 x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back