What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today
B - jumbo oats, almond milk, raspberries, knob of butter, coffee
mid-morning - coffee
D - streaky bacon wholemeal sandwich, few raspberries, bar moser 85% (cant be bothered typing full brand name as everyone knows by now haha)
mid-afternoon - coffee
T - mince, charlotte potatoes, sprouts and a square 90%
Currently - coffee

Today:

Brunch: at Bills - sausages, bacon, fried egg, wholemeal toast, avocado & mushrooms (couldn’t eat it all which made me v sad!) 42g carbs.
Snack: slice of Belgium chocolate cake (with squirty cream!! My husbands a legend who went out in the snow for me 🙂). 35g carbs.
Dinner: Pasta Bolognese. 45g carbs.

Off to see cirque de soleil now! Have a great night all.

Today
Tea x 2
B: Bacon & egg butty on Burgen
L: Slice of chicken on a slice of sourdough bread
T: Homemade lasagna with wholemeal lasagna sheets, 2 small glasses malbec
tea during the day

Are you ok @Ditto ? We are missing you
Aw, thanks guys for thinking of me. 🙂 Warms the cockles of m'heart that does. I'm just not posting so much for one reason and another. I do lurk and get all the good info and see how y'all are doing. My iffy connection doesn't help any! I'm fine thank you. Still trying to low carb and wish my brother would stop feeding me potatoes. 🙄 I hate refusing.

YAY @Ditto, your ok? 🙂 x

Aw, thanks guys for thinking of me. 🙂 Warms the cockles of m'heart that does. I'm just not posting so much for one reason and another. I do lurk and get all the good info and see how y'all are doing. My iffy connection doesn't help any! I'm fine thank you. Still trying to low carb and wish my brother would stop feeding me potatoes. 🙄 I hate refusing.
Great to hear from you @Ditto Genuinely missed you. Hope everything is ok

I'm fine and dandy but not 100% this week, sniffles and other stuff! Struggling to get my bg down all week. Never lower than 7s or 8s. Just trying to eat as low carb as possible. I'm okay though, no worries. 🙂

Good to hear from you @Ditto.🙂

Sorry, I didn't test as I ate a bit late. 2 choc/peanut butter cups was too much though. They are very rich & felt a bit yukky afterwards.😳 As for the crispy chicken, I used ground linseed instead of breadcrumbs that Gino uses. It was lovely. Here is the recipe.
http://www.itv.com/ginositalianescape/recipes/crispy-chicken-with-a-spicy-sauce-green-beans
Thanks for the link Mark ~ keep those meals and recipes a-coming ~ they're always interesting and appetizing.

My Yesterdays

B –
Gammon steak with herb butter, 2 pork and herb sausages, 1 fried egg.
L –
Beef Balti curry with cauliflower rice, full box 250g/wt just over 5 gr carbs.
Pre tested 5.2, 2 hours post tested 5.6 no movement basically.
Mid afternoon –
Bar if Moser Roth 85%, glass of Alpro
D –
Smoked Salmon with a little Hollandaise, 3 piccolo toms, avocado and Cheddar cheese.
Raspberries and double cream.
1 bar of Moser Roth Caramel.
Before Bed-
Bar of 85%, glass of Alpro

About 1.5 litre of coffee.
2 Espressos
Water with Lime approx. 1 litre.
2 Glasses of Alpro Almond.

That was 3 bars yesterday BUT I didn’t have any the day before.

Was checking the carb content in Morrisons of Twirls, Wispa and Flakes yesterday, Actually not to high per bar Problem is one bar is never enough.
How sad can one get lol.

End for today.

B: Full english (2 sausages, 3 bacon, fried egg, tomatoes & 1 slice toast (Morrison's Protein)
L: Tea & Nature Valley Salted Caramel protein bar
Snack: 2 slices of ham & cream cheese
D: Roast gammon with cauli, broccoli, green beans, peas, kale & cheese sauce
Pud: 1 choc/peanut butter cup

Yes, definitely gross, even though I love pies but I know someone who had mash potato and tomato sauce sandwiches! Yuk yuk yuk!!! PS I do hate tomato sauce so that may have a bearing on the multiple yuks! :D
I used to have cottage pie sandwiches whenever Mum used to make it for tea. No Wonder I'm diabetic 😛

I've just put 3 tubs of Halo Top on my next Tesco shop cos they're half price :D
They'd sold out of most of the flavours when I got there, and they'd only arrived that day! I can't wait to try the cookie dough and cinnamon roll flavours! My housemate and I were stood there looking at the nutrition info and discussing what they were like and when I turned around we had an audience!!

Welcome Aline. This is a good thread for food ideas, and I like to post in here because it helps to keep me roughly on the strait and narrow!! Just keep in mind as others have said that we all tolerate different things better than others, so we can't always eat the same. But there's definitely foods mentioned in here that we've tried and added to our diets. If you want to add some bread, definitely try the Hovis Lower Carb if you can (Big Tesco, Morrisons are generally where they're sold) They are a lot lower than normal bread and are fortified with fibre and protein to help with a low carb diet. Wholemeal and seeded breads, any that have a bigger fibre content, are better for you too because the fibre slows down the rate at which the food is digested and therefore how quickly the glucose is absorbed into the bloodstream. This helps us as diabetics because it means we're less likely to suffer a BG spike, and it give the body more time to do something about it. I'm currently testing Hovis' Wholemeal Granary loaf, which is really nice and so far doesn't seem to be giving me any problems.

I can also vouch for the Nature Valley Protein bars. They taste lovely, and at less than 10g a bar they are a good snack. If you're looking at something to take if you suffer a hypo, they're no good tho - for that you'd need something like jelly babies, or dextrose/glucose tablets. Diabetes UK's page on that has the proper list on what to have https://www.diabetes.org.uk/Guide-to-diabetes/Complications/Hypos/Having-a-hypo

Anyway, back to what I actually ate! Was on my own this weekend, which is a time I'd usually eat as much bad stuff as possible. Determined not to this time!

Saturday:
B: Bowl of Dorset Country Crisp and semi-skimmed milk
L: Hovis Wholemeal Granary sandwich and a half, cheese and onion. Packet of Snaffling Pig BBQ pork scratchings.
D: Rump steak with fried onions, with peas, broccoli and pancetta. Bowl of chocolate and hazlenut Oppo with thick double cream for dessert.

Sunday:
B: Bowl of Dorset Country Crisp and semi-skimmed milk
L: Hovis Wholemeal Granary sandwich and a half, cheese and onion. 100g of pickled gherkins.
D: Birds Eye bbq chicken chargrills, peas and sweetcorn, with two yorkies. Bowl of Mint Chip Halo Top with thick double cream for dessert.

BG levels hovered around the 7s most of the weekend, did next to no exercise and just bingewatched Netflix all the time, so I'm not so displeased.

Today
B - jumbo oats, almond milk, raspberries, knob of butter, coffee
mid-morning - coffee
D - wholemeal sandwich with 1 slice gouda, 2 slices corned beef and Dijon mustard popped in the micro for 20 seconds to take the chill off lol and a lotus biscuit
mid-afternoon - coffee
T - smoked basa fillet, charlotte potatoes, sliced green beans and 2 squares Lindt 90%
Currently - coffee x

10am Two TUC biscuits dipped in taramasalata

3pm A small choc chip cookie

DInner will be scampi and chips with tartare sauce and mushrooms 🙂

Today:

B: scrambled egg on toast (1 egg, 1 slice wholemeal)
L: Ham salad: baby gem, celery, cherry vine tomatoes, carrots, cucumber, coleslaw, ham, cheese. Mini pork pie. A mini corn on the cob with butter.
S: one poppadom & a kiwi fruit.
D: will be : oven baked salmon with loads of five spice & soy, stir fried veg and some noodles. Weight watchers vanilla yoghurt. There’s always the possibility I’ll find a reason to have some squirty cream too.

Ok I’m tempted to try this halo top ice cream... what flavours are best? They are half price until the 29th which suits me as £5 a tub seems a little insane!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back