What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll avoid the white then thanks

One thing I did notice is my bs was 5 before dinner and 5.8 two hours after, but 6.8 four hours later and I’d had nothing to eat or drink , just wondering if that’s the normal thing that happens?
We are diabetics. Anything can happen. BG's go up & down with what seems to be no particular reason. It may be possible that the 6.8 could be a false reading. It happens.

Today;

Brunch - two slices wholemeal toast, scrambled egg & 2 sausages. Tea.
Snack - 3 cocktail sausages and 2 chocolate fingers (kids birthday party!)
Dinner - will be - Chicken Tikka Masala (made in our slow cooker - yummy!), no rice just a few poppadoms. A chocolate aero mousse with .... @Kaylz can you fill in the blank?!

Today;

Brunch - two slices wholemeal toast, scrambled egg & 2 sausages. Tea.
Snack - 3 cocktail sausages and 2 chocolate fingers (kids birthday party!)
Dinner - will be - Chicken Tikka Masala (made in our slow cooker - yummy!), no rice just a few poppadoms. A chocolate aero mousse with .... @Kaylz can you fill in the blank?!
LOL :D

@grainger might it be squirty cream? 🙄 :D x

You get a gold star! However I have now finished the bottle :(
If it wasn't Sunday tomorrow I would have sent you some next day delivery! :D LOL x

My Yesterdays

B –
Gammon steak, with herb butter and fried egg.
I left for todays’ breakfast.
L –
Beef Balti curry with cauliflower rice
Have half the curry left for today.
Mid afternoon –
Nowt
D –
Smoked Salmon with a little Hollandaise, 3 piccolo toms, avocado and a little Cheddar cheese with Chilli.
Blackberries and double cream.
Before Bed-
3 Nairns cheese oatcakes buttered with cheddar and chilli cheese

About 1.5 litre of coffee.
4 Espressos
Water with Lime approx. 1 litre.
2 Glasses of Alpro Almond.
1 cup of black tea at my friends which I am sorry, I just cannot get away with.

A Moser Roth free day ha-ha.
Today will be different.
Now, what’s for breakfast I wonder ? lol

End for today.

Morning folks

Been missing for a couple of days and had to skip most of the posts 🙄

I was very naughty on Friday night, won't go into detail but we went for a meal (in the new Turkish restaurant again) straight from work for a colleague's retirement and I managed to roll home absolutely mullered at 11.45pm 😱 so I'm afraid yesterday's eating consisted of quite a lot of carbs 🙄, including the best pizza I've had for a long time (meal out again for son's birthday in a very nice pizza place in Margate) .

I know, I've been a very very bad girl and I hang my head in shame :D

Morning folks

Been missing for a couple of days and had to skip most of the posts 🙄

I was very naughty on Friday night, won't go into detail but we went for a meal (in the new Turkish restaurant again) straight from work for a colleague's retirement and I managed to roll home absolutely mullered at 11.45pm 😱 so I'm afraid yesterday's eating consisted of quite a lot of carbs 🙄, including the best pizza I've had for a long time (meal out again for son's birthday in a very nice pizza place in Margate) .

I know, I've been a very very bad girl and I hang my head in shame :D
Confession time I see hmmmm.......... WIll have to think of a suitable penance.
:D

B: Mackerel in tomato sauce on a low carb muffin
L: 3 muffin Frittatas & some tuna with mayo
D: Gino's crispy chicken with a spicy tomato sauce & green beans
Pud: 2 choc/peanut butter cups

[QUOTE="Mark Parrott, post: 787736, member: 14673"
Pud: 2 choc/peanut butter cups[/QUOTE]
2 ??? actually 2
I know someone who will be terribly jealous about that, other than me I mean.:D

B: Mackerel in tomato sauce on a low carb muffin
L: 3 muffin Frittatas & some tuna with mayo
D: Gino's crispy chicken with a spicy tomato sauce & green beans
I love your yesterday's meals Mark especially the 2 yummy chocolate & peanut butter cups😛How was your post meal bg as a matter of interest?

I love your yesterday's meals Mark especially the 2 yummy chocolate & peanut butter cups😛How was your post meal bg as a matter of interest?
Sorry, I didn't test as I ate a bit late. 2 choc/peanut butter cups was too much though. They are very rich & felt a bit yukky afterwards.😳 As for the crispy chicken, I used ground linseed instead of breadcrumbs that Gino uses. It was lovely. Here is the recipe.
http://www.itv.com/ginositalianescape/recipes/crispy-chicken-with-a-spicy-sauce-green-beans

[QUOTE="Mark Parrott, post: 787736, member: 14673"
2 ??? actually 2
I know someone who will be terribly jealous about that, other than me I mean.:D[/QUOTE]
2 was too much. Had that 'too much chocolate' feeling.

@Aline Taylor
Hi Aline
Most people on here use a Codefree Meter and the strips are very reasonable.
Perhaps you could aski him about that. Do they fund your strips?
YOU must eat something just keep the carb content low and you will be fine.
Not eating is the worse thing you can do

2 was too much. Had that 'too much chocolate' feeling.[/QUOTE]
Never experienced that feeling in my entire life :D

My dr gave me an agamatrix metre. The strips seem to be very expensive. I’ve ordered enough on eBay to keep me going till I go back to the dr. I have been feeling very nauseous and don’t want to eat anything but I’m guessing g that would be bad for me....
If i remember correctly (sorry doing other things at the same time as this so don't have access to look back) you mentioned you were taking Glic medication? am I correct? if so as this can cause hypo's I'm sure your doctor should be prescribing your test strips on repeat x

If i remember correctly (sorry doing other things at the same time as this so don't have access to look back) you mentioned you were taking Glic medication? am I correct? if so as this can cause hypo's I'm sure your doctor should be prescribing your test strips on repeat x

Thank you for that! I’ll ask eejenbigo back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back