What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooh, that sounds nice. I've never thought of putting fish in a sandwich that wasn't a fish finger.🙂
It's really nice! Give it a go! :D
I used to make pie sandwiches with tomato sauce lol How gross can one get.😱
Yep been there done that, not with the tomato sauce but couldnae beat an onion pie piece! 🙂
Yes, definitely gross, even though I love pies but I know someone who had mash potato and tomato sauce sandwiches! Yuk yuk yuk!!! PS I do hate tomato sauce so that may have a bearing on the multiple yuks! :D
Also been there and done that but fry the mashed potato first lol :D
x

My Yesterdays

B –
8.00 am Bowl of “ala Ditto” with Alpro a sprinkling of ground flaxseed.
Smoked Mackerel and piccolo toms.
L –
2 Pork sausages, 2 fried eggs, 2tb Beans, and 3 rashers of oak and beechwood smoked back bacon.
1 bar of sour cherry and chilli
Mid afternoon –
Nowt
D –
Rare Sirloin steak, topped with farmhouse mushroom pate , steamed buttered asparagus, 2 small sweet peppers.
Blackberries and double cream.
Bar of Moser Roth caramel and a glass of Alpro
Before Bed-
Calabria ham with a little cheddar cheese with chilli and 2 piccolo toms.

About 1.5 litre of coffee.
2 Espressos
Water with Lime approx. 1.5 litre.
2 Glasses of Alpro Almond.

End for today.

You my dear are a fibber! It's not a 'might' it's an I definitely will!! LOL :D x

Turns out you were right haha! But I didn’t have a yoghurt just a banana with squirty cream - it’s just so yummy and feels really naughty 😛

Turns out you were right haha! But I didn’t have a yoghurt just a banana with squirty cream - it’s just so yummy and feels really naughty 😛
I knew I would be right! Haha, never been a big fan myself however when it comes to double cream I can spoon that stuff out the tub! LOL
As long as you and baby are enjoying it! :D x

@Vince_UK hope @Ditto is ok as haven't seen her around for a while again x

@Vince_UK hope @Ditto is ok as haven't seen her around for a while again x
Was actually thinking that myself just yesterday. A little worried to be honest but don't know how to find out

Was actually thinking that myself just yesterday. A little worried to be honest but don't know how to find out
It happens every so often, I know she sometimes has connection issues so hopefully that's all it is again, glad I'm not the only one who notices people go AWOL lol x

It happens every so often, I know she sometimes has connection issues so hopefully that's all it is again, glad I'm not the only one who notices people go AWOL lol x
I really like her posts, so humourous, honest and entertaining. I always chuckle when I read them. She has a wry sense of humour.

I really like her posts, so humourous, honest and entertaining. I always chuckle when I read them. She has a wry sense of humour.
Sorry was trying to find out if the football was on the radio or anything today, big game in the Scottish 4th round, Brechin City are heading to Glasgow to take on Celtic! dilemma is I'm a Brechiner but a Celtic fan! LOL
I'm sure she'll be back with us soon 🙂 x

Ah!!!
haha so a latent Scottish Football Hooligan also, Hmmmm make note VInce. Always be polite to @Kaylz and watch the typos.

Ah!!!
haha so a latent Scottish Football Hooligan also, Hmmmm make note VInce. Always be polite to @Kaylz and watch the typos.
I prefer rugby though, haven't ever been to a rugby match and haven't been to a Celtic match in nearly 10 years! My dad offered to take me today but it's far too cold and he just huffs and leaves early anyway if things aren't going his way, and god knows what that would be today as he's a Celtic fan too but said if he went he'd be sitting in the Brechin supporters, which to me is a bit risky as he's not a well liked Brechiner! Haha x

I prefer rugby though, haven't ever been to a rugby match and haven't been to a Celtic match in nearly 10 years! My dad offered to take me today but it's far too cold and he just huffs and leaves early anyway if things aren't going his way, and god knows what that would be today as he's a Celtic fan too but said if he went he'd be sitting in the Brechin supporters, which to me is a bit risky as he's not a well liked Brechiner! Haha x
LOL
My 3rd Grandson place for the under 18's county team here and is studying sports at the Falcon Newcastle Academy. It is around 2 kms walk from my home so I often get dragged there lol. IF his tea looses OMG big huff and sulk for days hehe.

LOL
My 3rd Grandson place for the under 18's county team here and is studying sports at the Falcon Newcastle Academy. It is around 2 kms walk from my home so I often get dragged there lol. IF his tea looses OMG big huff and sulk for days hehe.
Yeah I remember seeing you mention it a few times in the what have you done today thread
I took PE as a standard grade at high school, was the only female to stick with it for the 2 years, I would've loved to have given rugby a go but girls aren't allowed to due to our pelvis not being fully developed etc, disappointing really, I was bigger back then so would've managed better than I would now that's for sure! :D x

Yeah I remember seeing you mention it a few times in the what have you done today thread
I took PE as a standard grade at high school, was the only female to stick with it for the 2 years, I would've loved to have given rugby a go but girls aren't allowed to due to our pelvis not being fully developed etc, disappointing really, I was bigger back then so would've managed better than I would now that's for sure! :D x
Plus girls are more aggressive lol oops. There will be something else for you I am sure one day.

Pics of the cauliflower rice please?
I like the look of it and some Tesco's sell them frozen in 4 separate steam bag portions in a pack BUT as usual mines doesn't! Also found out today when my granddad brought the shopping back that they've changed my bread packaging and somehow reduced the carbs by 0.2g but increased the protein lol xx
@Kaylz
Just had the cauliflower rice with my Balti beef curry
It is actually very nice and so easy to do
I ate most of the carton which is only 5gr carbs
I am off later to get some more for the rest of the Balti that I have left.

hi there, i'm new and reading your replies is answering some questions, so thank you. I need to lose weight as well as stabilise my blood sugar (type 2). Can anyone recommend some kind of energy bar to keep in my handbag? my diabetic nurse said i need to do that in order to avoid any sudden drops in blood sugar level, but as i am trying to lose weight as well i'm not sure what to buy). I'm surprised to see bread being mentioned, i thought that bread, potatoes, pasta and rice were not allowed to me? Yesterday I had :-

breakfast - porridge (not sure if this is allowed?)
lunch - salad of lettuce, cucumber, pickled gherkin, ham
dinner - roast chicken and a huge mushroom stuffed with cheese and diced vegetables.
snacks - mango pieces, a boiled egg and 2 sugar free yoghurts
drinks - 2 litres of water.

I did a huge shop of vegetables and meat but avoided the obvious carbs (a big change for me, before this i was eating meat only once a week but eating lots of potatoes and rice).

At the moment i feel sick often (possibly meds side effects?) but i understand i have to eat little and often so its a struggle.

Now i'm going to throw myself into this message board and read back over what everyone does, so interesting. thank you

@Kaylz
Just had the cauliflower rice with my Balti beef curry
It is actually very nice and so easy to do
I ate most of the carton which is only 5gr carbs
I am off later to get some more for the rest of the Balti that I have left.
Glad to hear it was nice Vince, might get my supplier to pick some up for me lol x

hi there, i'm new and reading your replies is answering some questions, so thank you. I need to lose weight as well as stabilise my blood sugar (type 2). Can anyone recommend some kind of energy bar to keep in my handbag? my diabetic nurse said i need to do that in order to avoid any sudden drops in blood sugar level, but as i am trying to lose weight as well i'm not sure what to buy). I'm surprised to see bread being mentioned, i thought that bread, potatoes, pasta and rice were not allowed to me? Yesterday I had :-

dinner - roast chicken and a huge mushroom stuffed with cheese and diced vegetables.

I did a huge shop of vegetables and meat but avoided the obvious carbs (a big change for me, before this i was eating meat only once a week but eating lots of potatoes and rice).

At the moment i feel sick often (possibly meds side effects?) but i understand i have to eat little and often so its a struggle.

Now i'm going to throw myself into this message board and read back over what everyone does, so interesting. thank you
What medication are you on?
'Energy bars' are more likely to be full of sugar, would a 'protein bar' be suitable? If so Nature Valley do a range of protein bars that are under 10g carbs per bar, quite a few of the members here eat them
As for bread, some people can tolerate it, others cant, wholemeal is better than white, protein bread seems a good option for some and hovis now do a lower carb bread available in white, wholemeal and seeded at under 10g carb per slice, also quite a few members use Burgen as its lower carb and full of seeds so slows things down
Do you test your blood sugar? A good indication to see whether a food 'works' for you is to test before eating, then again 2 hours after, you are looking for a rise of no more than 2-3mmol ideally
Think I've covered everything you mentioned there but if not just let me know!
OH and hi welcome to the forum! 🙂
xx

Welcome @Aline Taylor
Lots of good advice on the thread re. eating. I find it a godsend to be honest. everyone is different and people react to different food in different ways. It is very much trial and error but there some excellent pointers here.
Any questios just ask, everyone will help where they can, you are never alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back