What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today:

B- scrambled egg with toast
S- a poppadom
L- ham, cheese and coleslaw sandwich (wholemeal),cucumber, tomatoes & celery.
S- half slice Victoria sponge cake
D- spinach and feta pie with rocket salad, tomatoes and cucumber. Cheese & crackers.
S- An almond shortcake biscuit & hot chocolate.

My Yesterdays
B –
Smoked Salmon with a little Hollandaise. A little cream cheese. Slice Flaxseed bread
L – Need to get my fibre intake up
Bowl of “ala Ditto” with Alpro and Raspberries.
1 Bar Moser Roth 85%
Mid afternoon –
2 slices Flax bread, the last of the Camembert Cheese and Olives with Garlic.
D –
Rare Rump steak, buttered steamed asparagus and tenderstem, ratatouille
Strawberries and thick cream and melted Moser Roth.
Before bed –
Nowt,
About 1 litre of coffee.
2 Espressos
Water with Lemon approx. 1 litre.
3 Glasses of Alpro Almond.

End for today.

Watched an interesting programme last night on ITV Catch up All 4, I guess it was an old programme about the Atkins Diet, entitled "The Atkins Diet, Fat or Fiction" and Low Carb Diets.
The supporters and the detractors.
Some nutritionists decrying low carb and many celebs and research institutes supporting low carb diets.
The impact on the food industry is quite profound and in the USA many restaurants are offering low carb menus and the whole image of bread, chips etc is now very negative.
No mention of diabetes and the postive effects low carb can and does have.
One woman on there bitterly complaining how hard it was for her to follow low carb, something I just couldn't get my head around. Very strange.
Mainly because she had to plan her meals in advance she found it difficult and depressing. At the same time she complaining about being overweight. Just didn't seem to want to put any effort into things.
She didn't want the hassle of counting carbs and thinking about what to eat. Basically wanted benefits without effort; lazy.
In a way, watching it made me feel as part of the mainstream in terms of counting carbs and of what and how I eat.
There are actually more people doing it than I thought and not from a diabetes perspective,

Ain't done me any harm so far.
No Pain, No Gain.

Sounds like an interesting programme Vince. The low carb deniers really don't know anything about low carbing, believing it's all meat & no veg. Then go one about bad breath & fatigue. Total myths. Anyway, on to my yesterday's menu.

B: Left over slice of fathead pizza
L: Tuna mayo & gherkins in Lidl protein roll
D: Ham carbonara made with soy bean spaghetti. (Turned out really well. Did tend to clump together, but good taste & texture).
Pud: 3 rum truffles.

Sounds like an interesting programme Vince. The low carb deniers really don't know anything about low carbing, believing it's all meat & no veg. Then go one about bad breath & fatigue. Total myths. Anyway, on to my yesterday's menu.
That was exactly the conclusion I came to Mark.

Yesterday
Tea
B: Bacon roll
L: Chicken salad & glass of red in Cafe Rouge
T: In our newly opened local Turkish restaurant for my DDs birthday
20180113_184316.jpg
Mitte kofte to start
20180113_191806.jpg
Moussaka & they said rice but I think it was barley
20180113_200230.jpg
& 3 of us shared a baklava

All delicious. We also managed to get through 2 bottles of Turkish red wine which was surprisingly good.

Yesterday
Tea
B: Bacon roll
L: Chicken salad & glass of red in Cafe Rouge
T: In our newly opened local Turkish restaurant for my DDs birthday
View attachment 6356
Mitte kofte to start
View attachment 6357
Moussaka & they said rice but I think it was barley
View attachment 6358
& 3 of us shared a baklava

All delicious. We also managed to get through 2 bottles of Turkish red wine which was surprisingly good.

Yum!!! Could murder a slice of that Baklava :D

B - sausage sandwich in protein bread, tea

L - Home made lamb tagine, tablespoon noodles and rice, minted tomato, cucumber & onion and yoghurt Raita. I poppadum

2 chocolate brazils

D - wholemeal sandwich with slice of beef, sliced gherkin & slice Gouda cheese, tea

Snack - salted caramel protein bar

Today
B - jumbo oats, almond milk, raspberries and a coffee
mid-morning - coffee
D - wholemeal smoked streaky bacon sandwich, few raspberries and bar moser roth 85%
mid-afternoon - coffee
T - mince, charlotte potatoes, boiled sprouts and 1 square 90%
After t - coffee 🙂 x

My Yesterdays
B –
Smoked Salmon with a little Hollandaise. A little cream cheese. Slice Flaxseed bread
L – Need to get my fibre intake up
1 Bar Moser Roth 85%
Mid afternoon –
2 slices Flax bread, the last of the Camembert Cheese and Olives with Garlic.
D –
Rare Rump steak, buttered steamed asparagus and tenderstem, ratatouille
Strawberries and thick cream and melted Moser Roth.
Before bed –
Nowt,
About 1 litre of coffee.
2 Espressos

End for today.

Are you going to be able to source the Alpro Almond when you get back to Shanghai Vince? You seem to have really taken to it.

Today:

B- scrambled egg and toast
L- small ham and mustard baguette, salad, cucumber, tomatoes, mini stuffed peppers with ricotta, coleslaw, avocado, celery & a mini pork pie
D- out at a new pub - seafood pie and a mini dessert Eton mess
S- French fries and chocolate buttons (well will be)

I’m super hungry today!

Yesterday
B: Jordan's Country Crisp cereal with semi-skimmed milk
L: Costa Chicken and Bacon toastie, two low-ish carb cocoa biscuits, and a latte.
D: 2 burgers (no bun), with some cheddar, feta, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, baby corn and coleslaw. 1 Lindor for afters.

Today
B: Newly discovered The Paleo Food Company, Cocoa and Hazlenut Grain Free Granola. Pros, it's way lower in carbs than anything else I've seen, and it tastes good. Cons, there's toasted coconut in there and the fat content is higher than normal stuff. So it's a treat cereal, and not cheap!
L: Hovis Wholemeal Granary cheese and onion sandwich, packet of Wotsits
D: Turkey with lemon and thyme stuffing, carrots, runner beans, and two yorkies. 100ml of Chocolate and Hazlenut Oppo Ice Cream for dessert.

Yesterday
Tea
B: Scrambled eggs on wholemeal toast, coffee.
L: 4 crackers & pate
T: Roast pork, 2 roast potatoes, cabbage, fine beans, gravy, 1 glass wine.
Tea throughout the day.

Are you going to be able to source the Alpro Almond when you get back to Shanghai Vince? You seem to have really taken to it.
I have a team of detectives on that job now @Amigo So far they've drawn a blank.
Perhaps I maye be able to get it in HK or Taiwan. I do have to go to both of those places in April or May
I should add if I do find it or an equivalent it will probably cost the earth.

Last edited:
My Yesterdays
B –
2 Hours later I had 4 Rashers Bacon, 2 Fried Eggs, 2tbs Beans, 2 slices Flax bread buttered.
LOL 1 tin of Beans is lasting me 4 or 5 meals these days instead of the full tin I used to eat at 1 sitting.
My fridge is now full of little plastic containers full of part tins, packets etc.
L –
International buffet lunch with Family that was `&*££%^ expensive.
Yeah I was right:::: I ended up paying.
Actually was very nice
Indian , English, Italian, Chinese, Vegan most foods you could care to mention
I avoided anything I thought would be carb laden and stuck with various meats such as Tandoori and Tika Chicken, Lamb, Beef. etc. I did allow myself some very small sweet treats at the end, some small cheesecakes. Did nothing to my levels. Everything in moderation.
Mid afternoon –
Nowt
D –
I cooked the pork loin steak I had prepared earlier with ginger and garlic. Had with some Dijon mustard but nothing else, wasn’t very hungry.
Before bed –
Nowt

About 1 litre of coffee.
2 Espressos

End

B: Sausage sarnie in Morrison's protein bread
L: Left over sausage & USN choc protein bar
D: Cottage pie made with suede, sweet potato & turnip mash.
IMG_20180114_192332342.jpg

Today
B - jumbo oats, almond milk, raspberries and a coffee
mid-morning - coffee
D - 2 slices buttered wholemeal bread, smoked basa fillet and a lotus biscuit
mid-afternoon - coffee
T - cod fillet baked with butter and Dijon mustard, charlotte potatoes, petits pois and 2 squares 90%
Just finished - another coffee x

B - full brekky with sausage, bacon, egg, tomatoes, mushrooms and 1 slice protein bread....lush! 🙂

L - wasn’t so hungry so cup of tea and a sweet mince pie

D - Home made thick pork medallions done in honey & mustard sauce, 1 tablespoon rice, 2 new potatoes, carrots and spring greens

Snacks - to be decided but nothing too terrible! :D

Today
B porridge
S- banana then satsuma later
L home made lentil soup, w/w yogurt. Pack of walkers baked crisps
S small square of carrot cake
T -keto pesto chicken, sprouts, coffee.
Bit reduction in coffee but had 3 glasses water

Managed 7963 steps today without thinking or trying, probably because up n down to loo with extra water

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back