What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope you enjoy it, wish I could give it a go!
@Kaylz
K just heated some unsweetened Almond Alpro with a bar of 85% choc broken and put in
Actually is quite nice
I think less then 5 carbs the lot just the carbs from the 85% the Unsweetened Alpro roasted almond is 0

@Kaylz
K just heated some unsweetened Almond Alpro with a bar of 85% choc broken and put in
Actually is quite nice
I think less then 5 carbs the lot just the carbs from the 85% the Unsweetened Alpro roasted almond is 0
I know but as a Type 1 that produces no insulin I would need to inject to cover the 5g carbs, I'm afraid I'm not willing to do that especially as I go to bed at 10pm x

Yep there certainly is, Bruce and my granddad have it and neither of them have been covering their mouths when coughing etc, so I'm really p'd off as they have the luxury to take things for it! lol x
You should have banned them from the house :D

Today:

B- scrambled egg and toast
S- kiwi fruit
L- bacon & lentil soup, cheddar, cucumber, frazzles. Banana with some squirty cream
D- cottage pie with mixed green veg. Yoghurt with some squirty cream. Tiny bit of chocolate.

Trying to choose healthier snacks even though I’m craving cake!

I know but as a Type 1 that produces no insulin I would need to inject to cover the 5g carbs, I'm afraid I'm not willing to do that especially as I go to bed at 10pm x
ok Sorry K, Understand now

My Yesterdays
B –
Kippers
L –
Early Lunch Cold before Rugby match.
Chicken with pickled onions, vine toms and beetroot
1 Bar Moser Roth 85%
Mid afternoon –
Nowt
D –
Early dinner before I went to my Brothers
Chicken, steamed sprouts and mushrooms with OXO chicken gravy.
Before bed –
Chicken, Camembert Cheese, Olives with Garlic when back from Bro’s
Warm Alpro Roasted Almond with Bar of 85% Choc
About 1 litre of coffee.
0 Espressos
Water with Lemon approx. 1 litre.
3 Glasses of Alpro Almond.

End for today.

Naughty dinner Thursday.
B: Cheese & Pancetta omelette
L: Home made low carb scotch egg with a mustard mayo dip. May I add 'burnt' to this. Left them in the oven for an hour. Forgot.🙄
D: Turkey, ham & mushroom pie, peas & chips
Pud: 2 choc biccy's.

WELL I've just done a bit of research for you, Asda and Morrisons do not do their own brand gravy pots and Tesco's are to be avoided info follows
Made up as per 100ml
Onion gravy pot - 6.1g carbs
Beef gravy pot - 4.8g carbs
Chicken and sage gravy pot - 4.9g carbs and finally
Lamb and mint gravy pot - 5.7g carbs
😱😱😱😱😱😱!!
Blimey, I didn't realise they'd be so high! I haven't had them, but I had planned on using them when cooking meals. Might have to think again.

Yesterday:
B: 1 fried egg on wholemeal toast, 2 slices of bacon
L: Coleslaw with chicken pieces, 35g of salted peanuts, packet of frazzles and 4 serrano and manchego rollitos (for a bit of posh!)
D: M&S Chicken Tikka Massala, with a vegetable samosa and onion bahji. Probably should have only had one or the other, BG skyrocketed to 9.2 and I fell asleep on the sofa.

Today
B - jumbo oats, almond milk, raspberries and a coffee
mid-morning - coffee
D - wholemeal edam, smoked Bavarian ham and Dijon mustard sandwich and a delightful small bar of chocolate that unfortunately cant be bought by itself (pic attached)
mid-afternoon - coffee
T - thin cut beef steak, charlotte potatoes, boiled sprouts, onion gravy and 1 square 90%
After t - coffee 🙂 x20180112_115046.jpg

BG running a little high right now, so....

B - Glass of Bone Broth
L - few slices of Deli meats (Blood & Tongue/Some kind of cracked pepper ham), There is a relatively new "German Deli" in town that's got some great meats which are not usually found in our local supermarkets
D - 6oz Top Sirloin Steak with Brussels Sprouts tossed in EVO & Nuked

Today:

B- Scrambled egg on toast (wholemeal)
L- chicken and bacon roll with salad (wholemeal roll. Chelsea bun (sooo yummy but not to be repeated)
D- meatballs with fusilli wholemeal pasta. Banana with squirty cream

Might have a kiwi fruit in a bit. Or might have chocolate as just this minute discovered my inlaws are bringing the cat with them this weekend - doesn’t sound bad I realise but when you’ve just spent £161 on having your house deep cleaned (yesterday) it’s just a little annoying (add as many expletives as you can think of here!)... god I wish I could drink!!

Today
Tea
B: Berries & LF Greek yogurt, all bran & skimmed milk, coffee
a few olives
L: Chicken butty on co-op Ancient grains bread, 2 boiled eggs, mullerlight Greek yogurt
Satsuma
T: Cod from the chippy & mushy peas
Currently enjoying a very nice cotes du Rhone

My Yesterdays

B –
Smoked Salmon with a little Hollandaise , Prawns with a little mayo and mussels
L –
3 rashers Old fashioned cured bacon, 3 slices flaxseed bread, 2 fried eggs plus the 2 yokes left after making the flaxseed bread, 2 tbs Beans
1 Bar Moser Roth 85%
Mid afternoon –
Nowt
D –
Rare Rump steak, steamed sprouts, asparagus and tenderstem, ratatouille
Strawberries and thick cream.
Before bed –
Nowt

About 1 litre of coffee.
2 Espressos
Water with Lemon approx. 1 litre.
3 Glasses of Alpro Almond.

End for today.

B: 2 Fuel Protein Wheat Biscuits, nuts & seeds with double cream & full fat milk
L: Cajun chicken & cucumber sandwich (2 slices Burgen)
Snack: USN low sugar strawberry protein bar
D: Fathead pizza (3 slices)

Yesterday.
Brekkie; Bacon and grilled tomato sandwich made with Burgen.
Lunch; 4 crackers with cheese.
Dinner; Well I had intended to make a chicken and leek pie, I use filo pastry so much lower in carbs. Firstly, Aldi didn’t have any leeks, what’s all that about, it’s a winter veg? Never mind, bought asparagus instead. Got home, cooked chicken, onions etc, made gravy. Got pastry out of fridge, opened it up and it was puff! Oh heck! Something in my subconscious made me pick up the wrong pastry. It was bloomin’ lovely, my insulin pen didn’t know what had hit it! :D

B: Fried egg on wholemeal toast, two slices of bacon and two sausages
L: Lower Carb white sandwich with laughing cow cheese, corned beef, and salad cream. Packet of Frazzles, a marmite cheese, 3 gherkins, and a pot of butterscotch Angel Delight. Can of Tango Free.
D: Rump Steak with fried onions, peas, sweetcorns, and a tiny amount of potato lattice shapes.

Today
B - jumbo oats, almond milk, raspberries and a coffee
mid-morning - coffee
D - wholemeal sandwich consisting of a slice of edam and a thin cut beef steak 😛 and a lotus
mid-afternoon - coffee
T - smoked haddock, charlotte potatoes, petits pois with a blob of butter and 2 squares 90%
Currently - enjoying another coffee 🙂 x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back