What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to try and roast a chicken today all by my likke self haha. Last time I did that I nearly poisoned myself lol wasn't cooked properly. Well what do I know about these things?
The trick is that when they smell divine then they are done.... Never fails....

The idea is to buy the chicken with the exact cooking times on the front if you’re not sure. I always lift the skin and pack it with butter which makes it extra succulent and I do it in a roasting tin with a lid.

You could have any vegetables with it Vince or a salad if you prefer with some coleslaw. With your excellent levels, I’d do a few new potatoes and a bit of gravy to be honest.

To lazy to type it out lol

View attachment 6340
Seriously all you had to say was 1.7g per 100ml, it would have taken less time than taking the picture and uploading it!! LOL
WELL I've just done a bit of research for you, Asda and Morrisons do not do their own brand gravy pots and Tesco's are to be avoided info follows
Made up as per 100ml
Onion gravy pot - 6.1g carbs
Beef gravy pot - 4.8g carbs
Chicken and sage gravy pot - 4.9g carbs and finally
Lamb and mint gravy pot - 5.7g carbs
😱😱😱😱😱😱!!

The idea is to buy the chicken with the exact cooking times on the front if you’re not sure. I always lift the skin and pack it with butter which makes it extra succulent and I do it in a roasting tin with a lid.

You could have any vegetables with it Vince or a salad if you prefer with some coleslaw. With your excellent levels, I’d do a few new potatoes and a bit of gravy to be honest.

I bought one of those Chickens in a bag @Amigo and followed the instructions exactly this time. Unsual for me to follow any instructions.
Set oven to 200C
Put Chicken in 1hr 15 mins timer set lol
Take out cut open bag put chicken back 10 minutes
This time ot worked fine
hehe
I just had some with steamed sprouts, asparagus and mushrooms plus a little OXO Chicken gravy stuff.

I bought one of those Chickens in a bag @Amigo and followed the instructions exactly this time. Unsual for me to follow any instructions.
Set oven to 200C
Put Chicken in 1hr 15 mins timer set lol
Take out cut open bag put chicken back 10 minutes
This time ot worked fine
hehe
I just had some with steamed sprouts, asparagus and mushrooms plus a little OXO Chicken gravy stuff.

Sounds good to me but I honestly think you could easily have a few new potatoes and it would be more filling for you.

Seriously all you had to say was 1.7g per 100ml, it would have taken less time than taking the picture and uploading it!! LOL
WELL I've just done a bit of research for you, Asda and Morrisons do not do their own brand gravy pots and Tesco's are to be avoided info follows
Made up as per 100ml
Onion gravy pot - 6.1g carbs
Beef gravy pot - 4.8g carbs
Chicken and sage gravy pot - 4.9g carbs and finally
Lamb and mint gravy pot - 5.7g carbs
😱😱😱😱😱😱!!
I didn't want the Typo Police to catch me today. I have developed Typophobia.
Good info @Kaylz
Just had 1/2 of the 190 mls and put the rest in the fridge for later, guess it will microwave ok.

Sounds good to me but I honestly think you could easily have a few new potatoes and it would be more filling for you.
I am going to try some one day. Still a bit nervous about Carbs @Amigo
I will have another blood check in June to confirm my results and I want it to be perfect to be honest.

Good info @Kaylz
Just had 1/2 of the 190 mls and put the rest in the fridge for later, guess it will microwave ok.
Hmm I've never actually microwaved it as I only use oxo in my mince so unsure, although the gravy my mum did with their Christmas and new years dinners microwaved ok
I probably wouldn't notice any typos today anyway, not feeling too great so not really paying full attention! LOL x

For a great fail-safe succulent chicken I brine mine for a few hours or overnight then bake until done....

Hmm I've never actually microwaved it as I only use oxo in my mince so unsure, although the gravy my mum did with their Christmas and new years dinners microwaved ok
I probably wouldn't notice any typos today anyway, not feeling too great so not really paying full attention! LOL x
OOOOHHH Nothing would escape the Eagle Eyes of K

OOOOHHH Nothing would escape the Eagle Eyes of K
At this moment in time it may well do lol, actually yesterday I wouldn't have had a hope at spotting any mistakes as my eyes were quite sticky haha xx

At this moment in time it may well do lol, actually yesterday I wouldn't have had a hope at spotting any mistakes as my eyes were quite sticky haha xx
Hope that improves K quickly

Today
B - jumbo oats, almond milk, raspberries and a coffee
mid-morning - coffee
D - wholemeal gouda, smoked Bavarian ham and cherry tomato sandwich and a dark praline
mid-afternoon - coffee
T - smoked basa fillet, charlotte potatoes, petits pois with a blob of butter 😳 and 2 squares 90%
Currently - coffee 🙂 x

Hope that improves K quickly
Thanks, they are fine now, just cause I'm knackered, also meant to ask you as you drink almond milk by the gallon, have you tried it heated? Currently looking for something that could maybe soothe my sore throat without having to inject for :( x

Thanks, they are fine now, just cause I'm knackered, also meant to ask you as you drink almond milk by the gallon, have you tried it heated? Currently looking for something that could maybe soothe my sore throat without having to inject for :( x
"Knackered" such a lovely term lol
I haven't tried it heated K as I am an ice cold drink sort of person straight out of the fridge.
If you can put it on oats and in coffee I cannot see any reason why it shoudn't be ok warm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back