What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Vince_UK I've been meaning to ask, what milk do you use in your coffee? x
@Kaylz
I don't K, I stopped taking milk and sugar as soon as I was diagnosed so I just drink it black now.
I always have my espressos black and very, very strong so wasn't to much of a change.
On a permament caffiene high lol
I am drinking the Alpro as if it was water hehe

B: Just tea & coffee. Trying a 16:8 fasting regime at the mo to see how it affects my waking BG. It's a Dr Fung thing.🙂
L: Ham salad sarnie in a Lidl protein roll.
D: Pesto chicken casserole with kale
Pud: USN chocolate brownie low carb protein bar.

@Vince_UK sorry I don't mean to sound nosey or anything but why did you stop taking milk in your coffee when you were diagnosed?
And the reason for my original question was I was wanting to know if you'd tried the almond milk in it, and if it worked ok or not as I've heard it can be difficult to get 'right'
Also I've never actually drank the almond milk, just use it to make my porridge haha x

I still have milk in my coffee. Has no effect on me. I can drink black coffee but still prefer it with milk. Sometimes have cream instead.

@Vince_UK sorry I don't mean to sound nosey or anything but why did you stop taking milk in your coffee when you were diagnosed?
And the reason for my original question was I was wanting to know if you'd tried the almond milk in it, and if it worked ok or not as I've heard it can be difficult to get 'right'
Also I've never actually drank the almond milk, just use it to make my porridge haha x
@Kaylz
I just did, at the time I thought it was the best option and with milk it tended to taste a little bitter. Maybe the way i make it there haha.
I don't like skimmed or semi-skimmed milk. To be honest haven't tried the Alpro in it but somehow I don't fancy that and anyway I like it as a drink by itself.
In Shanghai I have a filter machine for coffee here I have a filter machine but also an Espresso one. so I can make decent coffee.
Didn't fancy using cream and good cream is not easy to get in Shanghai so I just went all black.
So I guess I just got used to it.
I developed an intense phobia in the early days of anything with the remotest level of carbs in but that is easing now a little and that is down to you mainly and the forum.
I still shake uncontrollably when gaze on a loaf of bread, a steak and kidney pie of a delicious looking cake.🙄
I have retrained my mind just to accept the fact I don't eat them anymore, I could if I wanted to but better not. It is now a matter of choice and not neccessity.
Moser Roth has been an absolute godsend lol and I thank you for that.

B: Just tea & coffee. Trying a 16:8 fasting regime at the mo to see how it affects my waking BG. It's a Dr Fung thing.🙂
L: Ham salad sarnie in a Lidl protein roll.
D: Pesto chicken casserole with kale
Pud: USN chocolate brownie low carb protein bar.

You always seem to eat food I want to try - what's your recipe for Pesto Chicken Casserole please?

Today
B - jumbo oats, almond milk, raspberries and a coffee
mid-morning - coffee
D - 2x edam, 2x smoked Bavarian ham and cherry tomato wholemeal sandwich and a praline
mid-afternoon - coffee
T - chicken breast, charlotte potatoes, roasted brussels, chicken gravy and 1 square 90%
currently - coffee x

Today
B- sachet porridge with sk milk
S- banana- felt rough BG 10.1
L- sandwich 2slices oat and barely bread with ham and mustard; small seasalt g&b bar
S- small treat size Milky Way
D- 2 chicken chipolatto sausages, veg chips, 2 tbs beans; g&b bar
Before bed toast and marmalade
5 coffees

Last edited:
Today;

B - 2 slices toasted protein bread, banana & slice of smoked salmon

L - high meat content sausages, wholemeal bread & naughtily had a couple of pieces of Thornton’s chocolate toffee (who opened that box, they're lethal! 😱)

D - Home made chicken casserole with loads of veg, heaps of spring greens, 1 tablespoon colcannon mash & small dumpling

Later on...keep off those toffees! 🙄

Today;

B- scrambled egg on toast
L- chicken ceasar salad sandwich brown bread. Packet of frazzles
S- tiny slice of panettone
D- salmon en croute with med veg (all massively under cooked by my husband so couldn’t eat half of it so now I’m going to have to eat malteasers before I hypo - it’s a hard life... although as far as my husband is concerned I’m very annoyed!)

Edit: decided against malteasers - instead eating a banana with dark chocolate and squirty cream. Slightly healthier!

Last edited:
Tea
B: Bacon, tomatoes & poached eggs, milk
L: Garlic cheese butty on Tesco pumpkin & sunflower seed bread, small banana & NAS Activia yogurt.
Thin slice of Tesco caterpillar cake (workmate's birthday so would have been rude to refuse 🙄)
T: Slow cooker roast chicken and a few fries.
Tea throughout the day

Last edited:
Erm... need to add McDonald’s cheeseburger to my today’s... craving and my hubby (still feeling bad after dinner fiasco) went out and got me one!

My Yesterdays

B –
Smoked Salmon. Vine toms, Avocado, Omelette.
L –
Rare sirloin steak , steamed asparagus, tenderstem and mushrooms.
1 bar 85%
Mid afternoon –
Nowt went for a 4kms walk instead.
D –
Pork loin steak with garlic and ginger and a little Dijon mustard, steamed asparagus and tenderstem buttered.
Blackberries and thick cream.
Before bed –
4 Nairns Oatcakes with some Camembert cheese and Olives stuffed with garlic
I bar Moser Roth Glass Alpro

About 2 litres of coffee.
4 Espressos
Water with Lemon approx. 0.5 litres.
3 Glasses of Alpro Almond.

End for today.

B: Tea & coffee
L: Tuna salad
D: 2 sausages, creamed green cabbage & roasted sprouts with pancetta.

Creamed cabbage was slimy. Think i'll pass next time.🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back