Tea & coffee during the day

Today
B - jumbo oats, almond milk, raspberries and a coffee
mid-morning - coffee
D - smoked basa wholemeal sandwich and a lotus biscuit
later than normal - coffee
T - smoked basa, charlotte potatoes, petits pois with butter and 2 squares 90%
Currently - coffee x

B - 2 high meat sausages in 2 slices protein bread (just tried the Morrison’s one)

L - latte and a piece of shortbread (in a cafe)

D - roast chicken, 1 tablespoon colcannon mash, peas, sweet corn, broccoli & sage and onion stuffing, gravy

Snacks - piece of cheese and a couple of Malted Milk biscuits

Today:

B- Scrambled egg & toast (1egg, 1slice wholemeal)
S- French fries (salt & vinegar), cherry vine tomatoes
L- wholemeal pasta with roasted veg and tomato sauce & Parmesan. Petite filou yoghurt.
S- poppadoms (2.5 of them) love how they are low carb but feel naughty
D- will be thai red chicken curry, with Thai crackers no rice. Weight watchers vanilla yoghurt and a little dark chocolate.

My Yesterdays
B –
Old Fashioned cured back Bacon and Egg sandwich on Hovis low carb wholemeal bread. Very nice bacon indeed.
L –
The leftover Pork sausage casserole 3 of the sausages, Steamed Tender stem Broccoli and Asparagus
1 bar of Sour Cherry and Chilli Moser Roth
D –
Smoked Mackerel, Mussels, 4 Piccolo Toms.
Blackberries and thick cream
Before bed –
Nowt

About 2 litres of coffee.
4 Espressos
Water with Lemon approx. 0.5 litres.
2 Glasses of Alpro Almond – really like this stuff.

I need to get back to Shanghai, I have put 1.5 kilos weight on.

End for today.

Tea
B: Skyr yogurt, 2 boiled eggs
L: Ham & cream cheese butty, 2 small melon slices, Activia NAS yogurt
Satsuma
T: Turkey stir fry & wholemeal noodles.
Tea & coffee throughout the day

Today
B - jumbo oats, almond milk, raspberries and a coffee
mid-morning - coffee
D - wholemeal Gouda and mustard toastie and a lotus
mid-afternoon - coffee
T - thin cut beef steak, charlotte potatoes, Brussel sprouts, onion gravy and 1 square 90%
After t - coffee 🙂 x

@Amigo
Believe it or not I used to play Classical Organ and Trumpet in my youth. Mainly Bach on the organ and I played trumpet with big bands when I was 16 up until around 21.
Once was invited to play with Woody Herman at Newcastle City Hall which was a fantastic experience for a 16 year old.
The Glenn Miller Orchestra, recorded me playing the trumpet solos for the Matt Monroe song "Till"
Played on the Sunderland Empire for the Doxford Shipyard Disaster, your Husband may recall that, backing for Susan Maughan's vocals.
Played in the Albert Hall at 14. Brass Band Harton and Westoe Colliery.
Nearly got kicked out of South Shields Grammar School for moonlighting and making a few bob on the side but they still wanted me to front the school and town orchestras lol
I always got the job of split lead trumpet playing the high notes
Ah a mispent youth, I learned to drink, smoke, chase skirt with the best lol That is partly why I had to get married at 18 , I am 67 my Son is 48 so work that out lol
Alas was all put paid to at a venue in Edinburgh, Scotland one Friday night when a fight started and I was "bashed in the gob" which loosened my front teeth and hence I lost my ability to wail out high notes.
I still love big bands and I am an ardent fan of Nelson Riddle and Billy May and the arrangements they wrote for Mr Sinatra.
Thinking back I have had a widely interesting and varied life and ah isn't dun yit.
BUT I still cannae type.
I don't notice your typos, Vince. I've got fat eyes & they cancel the typos out.:D

My Yesterdays
B –
Old Fashioned cured back Bacon and Egg sandwich on Hovis low carb wholemeal bread. Very nice bacon indeed.
L –
The leftover Pork sausage casserole 3 of the sausages, Steamed Tender stem Broccoli and Asparagus
1 bar of Sour Cherry and Chilli Moser Roth
D –
Smoked Mackerel, Mussels, 4 Piccolo Toms.
Blackberries and thick cream
Before bed –
Nowt

4 Espressos
2 Glasses of Alpro Almond – really like this stuff.

I need to get back to Shanghai, I have put 1.5 kilos weight on.

End for today.

We bought some dry cured black bacon for Christmas from our butchers. It was outstanding. Apparently it is soaked in molasses.

Outstanding is an understatement Mark lol it is W O N D E R F U L🙄

Today - I have been bad!

B: Scrambled egg and toast (1 egg, 1 slice wholemeal toast)
S: Doughnut
L: Ham & Cheese toastie (wholemeal bread)
S: Panettone, french fries (salt & vinegar)
D: Salmon en croute, roasted med veg.

My Yesterdays
B –
Morrisons Kippers from @Kaylz land in butter.
L –
Salmon Fillet with steamed Asparagus and 6 Piccolo tomatoes.
1 lonely bar of Moser Roth Orange.
Mid Afternoon Gorgonzola cheese and 3 buttered Oatcakes
D –
2 small Gammon steaks with herb butter, 2 fried Eggs
Strawberries and thick cream
Before bed –
Some Sicilian nocellara olives with the last of the Gorgonzola cheese

4 Espressos maybe 5 or even 6.
3 Glasses of Alpro Almond.

End for today.

Last edited:
B: 2 Fuel Protein Wheat biscuits, nuts & seeds with double cream & full fat milk
L: 5 chicken tikka pakoras from Tesco
S: USN strawberry low carb protein bar
D: Pork & Chorizo kebabs with coleslaw
Pud: 1 choc & peanut butter cup

Drinks:
2 Teas
2 Coffees
Pint of Old Rosie cider
Glass of red wine
Shot of cherry Palinka

I had had my normal meals all day yesterday ,but last night watching the football and enjoying a (or 2) glasses of pinotage I suddenly said to my husband that I could eat a whole box of Pringles I really was craving something savoury.I found some popadoms smeared one with Marmite and zapped it in the microwave It was delicious and only 5 carbs ___Then I made another one !!!
No self control

How many carbs in a whole box of Pringles ?
CAROL

Confessions of an idiot diabetic!

Yesterday I foolishly had mince, a very large dumpling with a few chips and vegetables whilst out. The dumpling was large and ‘doughy’ but delicious with lots of gravy.

Soon after I felt very lethargic and unusually agitated. I slept all the way home in the car. I tested nearly 3 hrs later and was 11.2! I can’t recall hitting that level before and was horrified. It took a few hours to feel better.

A lesson learned! 🙄

Lesson learned but you enjoyed it and it didn't do you any harm Amigo. You cannot live like a nun all your life so once in a while a small indiscretion is not a capital offence. I would blame the chips.

Lesson learned but you enjoyed it and it didn't do you any harm Amigo. You cannot live like a nun all your life so once in a while a small indiscretion is not a capital offence. I would blame the chips.

Chips rarely affect me much to be honest Vince but I should know by now that pastry and dumplings do. Not being on any meds means I’ve got to try harder. I just wish cafes could think beyond carbs! 🙄

Chips rarely affect me much to be honest Vince but I should know by now that pastry and dumplings do. Not being on any meds means I’ve got to try harder. I just wish cafes could think beyond carbs! 🙄
carbs maketh the money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back