What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boxing day:
B: Eggs Benedict on toasted muffin
L: 2 slices of Stollen!
D: Spiced beef & bubble & squeek.
Pud: 4 Ferrero Rocher.
Still haven't managed Christmas pud yet.
@Mark Parrott
Love everyting on there Mark Eggs Benedict used to be a regular for me
As for the Stolen and Ferrero Roche
I once sat and ate a FULL Stolen and I have been putting of buying Ferrero Roche because simply I would eat the lot at one sitting, I just cannot trust myself.
This is the first year for centuries I have not had any Stolen or mince pies come to think of it.

Last edited:
I've just tried my first low GI roll from Lidl, it was very nice. Does anyone know if they freeze well?

Today
B - jumbo oats, almond milk, raspberries and a coffee
mid-morning - coffee
D - wholemeal turkey mayo sandwich and some Hotel Chocolat dark ginger puddles 😛
mid-afternoon - coffee
T - mince, charlotte potatoes, boiled sprouts and 1 square 90%
just finished - another coffee x

@Mark Parrott
Love everyting on there Mark Eggs Benedict used to be a regular for me
As for the Stolen and Ferrero Roche
I once sat and ate a FULL Stolen and I have been putting of buying Ferrero Roche because simply I would eat the lot at one sitting, I just cannot trust myself.
This is the first year for centuries I have not had any Stolen or mince pies come to think of it.
Well. I found out that a single Ferrero Rocher is only 5g, & as it's Christmas, I can stretch to 4.:D

Today;

B - bacon sandwich on wholemeal, tea

L - prawn & mayo sandwich, tea (was out)

D - left over Turkey, beef & stuffing (enough’s enough now!), few hash brown chips, pickled onions, mayo, few tomatoes

Latte

S - smarties! 🙄

Today;

B - bacon sandwich on wholemeal, tea

L - prawn & mayo sandwich, tea (was out)

D - left over Turkey, beef & stuffing (enough’s enough now!), few hash brown chips, pickled onions, mayo, few tomatoes

Latte

S - smarties! 🙄
TUT! TUT! TUT! 😉

Listen Slim, don’t you start judging 🙄 :D

Ok, not a great day but have held steady with my levels over the holidays 🙂
😱:D😛

Well. I found out that a single Ferrero Rocher is only 5g, & as it's Christmas, I can stretch to 4.:D
AHH Poor Little Lonley Ferrero Roche. There are 24 chocs in a box. 24 x 5 =120 gr Carbs
Hmmm Not to bad really, still under 150 crarbs lol

Today:

B- scrambled egg on wholemeal toast (1egg, 1slice toast)
L- ham, cheese and mustard toastie (wholemeal), vine tomatoes, anchovies (obsessed), coleslaw, olives, rocket.
S- popcorn while watching despicable me 3
D- pasta bolognese (wholemeal fusilli pasta)

S- debate currently between a slice of strawberry cheesecake or 45g of malteasers. Will be having a kiwi fruit later too

Find this thread so helpful for keeping me in check as to how much I’m eating!

My Yesterdays
B –
Avocado, 3 vine Toms, smoked Salmon, Salmon mouse.
L-
Bacon, Sausage, 2 fried free range Eggs, 2tbs Beans, 1 slice low carb Bread.
D –
Rare rump Steak, steamed and buttered Tenderstem Broccoli and Asparagus tips.
Blackberries with Extra thick double cream.
Before Bed –
3 Nairns Cheese Oatcakes buttered, with some Stilton, 8 Olives and Feta.

These Nairns Oatcakes are really rather nice.
@Amigo tipped me off about them if I recall correctly.

About 2 litres of coffee.
4 Espressos
Water with Lemon approx. 1 litres.

Posting every day on this thread is in reality an extremely useful exercise.
I draft the food content each morning and use it as a food plan for my day and stick rigidly to it. The only exception to this being the Chinese food in Shanghai or if i dine out here. I have no idea what I will eat usually until I sit down in the restaurant.
It also acts as a snack deterrent. Stick to the plan Vince.

Reading it also give me ideas for new foods to try. For example, I had not heard of tenderstem broccoli until I read one af @Kaylz posts. Tried it yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it.
I didn’t need to plan my meals previous to my diagnosis and it is a whole new concept for me.

I really do like this thread tremendously.

End for today.

Tea
B: Bacon & egg on Burgen
L: Turkey & salad on a Lidl low GI roll
A few Celebrations
D: Out at local pub/restaurant. Prawn cocktail, steak Romana with lots of veg a a few new potatoes. A G&T and 2 glasses of vino.
Medicinal vanilla cognac before bed cos we've all got the lurgy and I was starting to feel like cr@p :(

One of my Grandsons gf's gave me a suggestion on Christmas Day for making burgers more interesting. Instead of a bun she suggested using 2 large mushrooms and use them as you would use a burger bun. Going to try that .

B. 2 slices of buttered toast and a coffee.
L. sparkling water
D. Roast chicken, broad beans , new potatoes and a Coke Zero
Bedtime snack, I well n truly fell off the waggon here , 2 slices of toast and peanut butter , a mince pie , coffee and a rum n Coke .
20F5CF80-BBA8-44DF-BC83-7A0D2E803087.jpeg

Found this is ALDI this morning
Perhaps everyone already knows about it so forgive me if I am late again as usual
£1.29/pack
Pack wt 125gr
Each pack contains 5 bars/25gr per bar therefore each bar only 4.6gr carbs.
IMG_4470.jpg IMG_4471.jpg

Just opened mini mince pies from Lidl, extra special apparently. NOT. The birds have saved me from myself. Have had blue tits, sparrows,robin ,starlings and an unusual visit from a chaffinch. Along with pigeons but no seagulls today. Never done filling the feeders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back