What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you not know what it means? It'll be an American recipe, net carbs are the carbs after the fibre content has been deducted, UK labels already have it deducted in the total carb content x
@Kaylz
I am a novice at this carb lark🙄
So the carbs per slice that effect us is 2gr per slice if I am correct in my assumption whcih basically means nee carbs at aall. haha = Vince can eat a lot of it.

Looks great @Vince_UK . I'll be trying that one, thanks.

@Kaylz
So the carbs per slice that effect us is 2gr per slice if I am correct in my assumption whcih basically means nee carbs at aall. haha = Vince can eat a lot of it.
pretty much yeah, lol
I've been looking at that site this morning before you mentioned it, in the desserts and cakes section there is quite a few nice looking recipes such as chocolate and raspberry slice, cinnamon slice etc 🙂 x

pretty much yeah, lol
I've been looking at that site this morning before you mentioned it, in the desserts and cakes section there is quite a few nice looking recipes such as chocolate and raspberry slice, cinnamon slice etc 🙂 x
One attempt at a time for me K lol
🙂

@Kaylz
Duh!! I didn’t know what that meant. Never heard it before.
A silly story, when I was diagnosed, I went to shop with my blurry eyesight, and it was coming up for burns night. Was doing a carb search on veggie haggis (ok I am a heathen) and a helpful shop assistant read the sugar content on the label. Off I went, had haggis tattles and needs and blood glucose up in the stars. Not the right combinations at all. The sugar level was low but carb level was right up there. I was so disappointed and felt like a numpty

Bread looked lovely vince. Well done

Duh!! I didn’t know what that meant. Never heard it before.
A silly story, when I was diagnosed, I went to shop with my blurry eyesight, and it was coming up for burns night. Was doing a carb search on veggie haggis (ok I am a heathen) and a helpful shop assistant read the sugar content on the label. Off I went, had haggis tattles and needs and blood glucose up in the stars. Not the right combinations at all. The sugar level was low but carb level was right up there. I was so disappointed and felt like a numpty

Bread looked lovely vince. Well done
Takes time to understand these things Carolg. I am finding that out as time goes by.
🙂

Sound like you are doing well Vince.
Brilliant web site, going to get my baking pinnie on

@Kaylz
If you type in Low Carb in the search window it brings up a lot of low card recipes K.
You may aready know of this site so apologise if you do
🙄

@Vince_UK I know about most of the sites but thanks anyway. although I'm not low carbing and have to be careful of fat content etc so its a little more difficult for me :( x

@Vince_UK I know about most of the sites but thanks anyway. although I'm not low carbing and have to be careful of fat content etc so its a little more difficult for me :( x
Understand @Kaylz
I just focus on the carb content and screw everything else lol

That looks great @Vince_UK . I might try it myself

Understand @Kaylz
I just focus on the carb content and screw everything else lol
Sorry popped off to the Dr's, I have to think about timing of insulin depending on fat content etc and sometimes I just want an easy life! LOL x

Sorry popped off to the Dr's, I have to think about timing of insulin depending on fat content etc and sometimes I just want an easy life! LOL x
I think I eat to much most of the time but I am still loosing weight so I can handle that lol. I am not however eating junk food and cr@p as I have done in the past.
Tonight I will grill and eat a Bavette steak 345gr no fat.
I don't know how I would handle things K if I had to do what you have to do every day, it would do " me ed in"
Admire you and other T1's like you to be honest.

Today
B - jumbo oats, almond milk, raspberries and a coffee
mid-morning - coffee (made sure I had time to have that before venturing out in the cold lol)
D - probably not normal but it was very tasty - 2 slices wholemeal with a smoked basa fillet and some hotel chocolat ginger puddles
mid-afternoon - coffee
T - thin cut beef steak done on the George Foreman, charlotte potatoes, Brussel sprouts, onion gravy and 1 square Lindt 90%
currently - yet another coffee lol x

Today
B - 2 croissants (at 2pm as I was on nightshift last night)
D - bacon and cheese crustless quiche with tomatoes and cucumbers
S - (later tonight) crabsticks with Marie rose dipping sauce, cucumber sticks and a slice of wholemeal bread.

Today:

B- scrambled egg and toast (1 slice and 1 egg). Kiwi fruit.
L- at zizzis - shared a small fritto Misti, and a cicchetti sharing board with hubby
D- sainsburys spicy bean burger, coleslaw, vine tomatoes, rocket, two slices of ham and a bit of cheddar. Strawberry cheesecake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back