What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amigo, it's just my second pint of water of the day which has a dissolved Aspirin in it for dicky ticker. 🙂 I take my other meds and vitamins at the same time so it's over and done with.

Luv the poem Northener. :D

Had a piggy day today! 3 meals due to having an appointment...

Menu for Monday 191216
Bottle water with fibre (because of Diverticulitis)
Breakfast:
2 large eggs scrambled with too much butter, 4 large mushrooms, a tiny bit of salad so it wouldn't be wasted (I have always been a human dustbin!)
Pint Aspirin water, meds and vits.
Lunch:
Small portion of beef, 2oz green beans, butter.
Dinner:
Boil-in-the-bag Pulled Chicken, 7oz cabbage with butter on and sprinkled black pepper.
(I'm stuffed full, I know I've eaten too much, I'll put weight on tomorrow now agh).
Bottle of water and a Levothyroxine.

Gracious Ditto, I can't see how you could put weight on with those food choices! :D

I see what you mean about the aspirin water...I thought it was some kind of drink you'd discovered that was ready prepared for pain relief. I could do with some of that today. Definitely an ouch day! :(

I feel that I eat enough as I rarely feel hungry. I tend to eat more at work than at home. I am still losing weight though, but very slowly. I am now 74.9kg.

I don't eat as much as I used to before diagnosis, whether that is age or concern about levels I don't know, but I don't generally feel hungry. I have lost quite a bit of weight this year since I stopped drinking alcohol in January, but my weight has been rock steady between 9st 9 and 9st 11 for the last two months, so any weight loss seems to have stopped now. I feel very comfortable with my weight now, felt a bit flabby before! 😱 🙂

Today/tonight
Breakfast Half a ciabatta roll with butter, Hummous and beetroot
Lunch Two dairylea triangles
Snack Packet of Wotsits
Dinner Pie made with minced Quorn, gravy, carrots and peas
Wine

B. Scrambled eggs
Coffee ( met a friend) Cappucino and a rocky road slice.
L. Pâté on Ryvita thins, half an apple, satsuma, Brazil nuts, 2sq 90% dark
D. Stir fry of mixed veg ( cabbage, carrot, courgette, pepper) and yesterday's left over roast lamb, plum and hoisin sauce, small portion of noodles.

According to Myfitnesspal, it was 1400 calories and 101 carbs, which matched my base calorie rate (1200) + energy expended in exercise. Because I had an unusually sedentary day, (driving an hour each way to meet friend and then having a quiet afternoon in because it was raining,) this is a lower calorie target for the day than normal. I find if I hit the target, my weight tends to stay stable. To lose weight, I have to have a calorie surplus at the end of the day. I'm not always this anal, btw, I'm just trying to shed a couple of pounds ahead of the Christmas carbfest. ( well, probably more fat and alcohol fest, if I'm honest!).

This is fun, isn't it? Who cares whether it's Type 1 or Type 2 confession time.

B: Capucchino and a vape.
L: Pork Tongue on Ryvita. (I love pork tongue, have done since I was a wean)
D: chicken and veg casserole, followed by a Satsuma. Didn't have much of the casserole, just not hungry at the moment.

I have lost some weight, but no idea how much cos I don't possess weighing scales.

Ok, not yesterday, but today.
B: M&S cocktail sausages (6.8g carb for 10)
L: Tuna salad topped with grated cheese
D: Corned beef hash (no potato, replaced it with turnip.
Snacked on a handful of pork scratchings, two handfuls of peanuts. For pud had 2 squares of 85% choc.

Ok confession time;

Breakfast - 1 slice wholemeal toast with scraping of marmalade
1 hard boiled egg

Lunch - Tuna & cheese pannini
Small portion chips (bad choice I know)

Dinner - 2 slices Burgen with couple of slices of roast chicken, Mayo and tomato slices
Small banana (first banana this year, need the potassium)

Ok confession time;

Breakfast - 1 slice wholemeal toast with scraping of marmalade
1 hard boiled egg

Lunch - Tuna & cheese pannini
Small portion chips (bad choice I know)

Dinner - 2 slices Burgen with couple of slices of roast chicken, Mayo and tomato slices
Small banana (first banana this year, need the potassium)
If you do need potassium in a no carb setting, use Lo Salt for seasoning. It's 66% potassium chloride. I find the taste a little harsh compared to sea salt, but it's worth a try.

If you do need potassium in a no carb setting, use Lo Salt for seasoning. It's 66% potassium chloride. I find the taste a little harsh compared to sea salt, but it's worth a try.

Yes been using it for years to be honest Mike. In truth I have no idea if I really need potassium. Do need something to help with these joint pains though! Bet you know that feeling! 😳

B - Porridge
L - lidl protein roll with ham, packet of hula hoops, yogurt (ate lunch early as I was in meetings all day)
D - Meat balls in bolognaise sauce and a small portion of pasta
Snacks - apple, pear, and 6 ritz crackers

B - Slice Burgen toast
L - Ham salad sandwich on Burgen, banana, Skyr with strawberries. Small apple snack
D - Quiche, hash browns (have developed a taste for them in preference to chips! 🙂), tomato and salad leaves. 4x 85% choc. Cheese snack.

OK here goes
B.. Two slices of toast with peanut butter
L.. Hot pot with carrots and cabbage
T.. Cream cheese and cucumber sandwich followed by sugar free jelly and cream

Oh and during the day three chocolates from the hero tin laying around at work x

B - Bacon & Eggs, Skyr with Avocado
L - Tuna Salad & Tangerine for afters
T King Prawn & Pak Choi Stir Fry (recipe from DiabetesUK website)

late supper Small packet of Pork Scratchings

B - Chicken Tikka Masala (no rice)
L - Cheese & mushroom omelet
D - Couple of pints of beer (monthly social with the guys from our SAR team)

Today
B - 2 toasted waffles with butter
11 - hot chocolate
D - Greggs chicken bake (my bad haha) and 2 lotus biscuits
2:30 - coffee and 2 squares 85% chocolate
T - fatty alert haha - 4 pork & leek sausages, 2 yorkshire ouddings, petits pois and gravy
now - cup of coffee 🙂

This is fun, isn't it? Who cares whether it's Type 1 or Type 2 confession time.

B: Capucchino and a vape.
L: Pork Tongue on Ryvita. (I love pork tongue, have done since I was a wean)
D: chicken and veg casserole, followed by a Satsuma. Didn't have much of the casserole, just not hungry at the moment.

I have lost some weight, but no idea how much cos I don't possess weighing scales.
Out of curiosity by any chance are you Scottish lol x

Pork Tongue
Love Tongue.... Wife will not let me get any though, Americans are very squeamish about anything but regular cuts of meat.... I have to wait until she goes to Vegas before I treat myself

B. Cup of coffee don't eat breakfast unless hypo or Advent calendar chocolate to consume
D. 3 Nairns oatcakes with Quorn turkey and stuffing slices, 3 squares Black and Green mint dark chocolate
T. Cheese and mushroom omelette , extra mushrooms, salad, slice of Burgen bread. 3 square dark chocolate.
Few handfuls of cashew nuts when passing the kitchen.

B. Slice of Livlife toast and butter ( not as nice as Burgen, but shop was out of stock)
L. Prawns, lettuce, mayonnaise. Half an apple, satsuma, Brazil nuts, 2sq 90% dark choc
T. Home made mince pie
D. Sausage and Lentil casserole. Piece of smoked cheese which 'accidentally' fell out of the fridge when I was clearing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back