What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Breakfast, nope. In a rush and often very insulin resistant (but variably which makes it impossible to predict if that makes sense).
11sies - 2 x ham n cheese sandwiches (4 slices wholemeal Nimble @ 8g carbs per slice 🙂 ) - 30g carbs
Lunch - Chicken salad with olive oil & balsamic vinegar, apple & satsuma, about 20g carbs.
Tea - Pork chops, new potatoes & peas - 40g carbs.
Evening snack - 50g salted popcorn - 20g carbs.

Snacks can be ham, cheese, peanuts.
Weekends are generally more exciting and normally includes egg, bacon & sausage for (at least) one meal... but staying to about 120g carbs per day.
Thanks for reviving this thread as it is very interesting to read what is "normal" for us on a day-to-day basis.

so yesterday I had:
Breakfast, porridge and wholemeal oat toast with vegemite
Lunch, salad, a packet of oat biscuits (2 biscuits not a whole tub 😛) and 6 chocolate sprouts
Dinner, tomato and mozzarella salad with avocado, baked sweet potato with feta and chilli dressing and then chocolate orange melt (fondant pudding) and a glass of Rioja. Dinner was in a restaurant so more substantial than I'm used to so I still feel a bit stuffed this morning!

I am quite taken by this thread, mostly because I'm wondering how people eat so little for breakfast....if I ate one slice of toast I'd have started to nibble a work colleague by 10am, and not in a delightfully cuddly way 😱 it'd be more in a starving zombie sort of a way. I wake up ravenous, always have done. So much so that my Dad used to get up early when I was a kid to watch me eat brekkie since it was the only time anyone saw me eat enthusiastically. That baked sweet potato was delicious btw, I asked for the recipe, and it's dead simple, the standard baked sweet pot cut in half feta crumbled on with garlic and chilli infused oil drizzled over it then baked for a further 15 minutes in foil, then blow torched to melt down the feta. Honest to goodness it tasted like heaven on a plate 🙂

Yesterday.

Breakfast... Black seedless grapes with Greek natural yoghurt. have this every morning .

Lunch... Corned beef, ham and beetroot sandwiches.

Evening... Lamb chops, broccoli, broad beans, green beans and a little mash potato.

John.

rumbledthumps
Had to look that one up! 🙂

I had:

B - Slice of Burgen toast
L - Brie and cranberry sandwich on Burgen, banana, 125ml Skyr with strawberries. Small apple mid-afternoon
D - Sausage and mash, mixed veg. 4x 85% choc. Cheese snack late evening 🙂

Ahh rumbledethumps one of my favourites.

Well here goes. Don't judge me it's nearly Christmas! Breakfast, I'm with @KookyCat on this, I am ALWAYS starving first thing., 2 eggs on 1 slice of Burgen.Went to work, cup of tea 2 Terry's All Gold chocs! Lunch, chicken salad sarnie made with 2 slices Burgen and a packet of cheese and onion. Mid afternoon, more tea and a chocolate biscuit, our patients keep bringing us biccies and chocolate and it would be churlish of me to refuse them! It's OK though as I ate them standing up with my eyes closed so it doesn't count! Got home from work where Mr Eggy had warmed up a lamb Madras I had made, delicious, even if I say so myself. Basmati rice and 1 chapati, bolused 4 units for rice and 2 for chapati. Then I got the munchies and had 2 slices of fruit malt and no bolus! Oops! Woke up to 9.9 this morning. 😳

B. Overnight oats
40g porridge, MullerLight, frozen, rasps,
Strawberries and blueberried

L. Mushroom and ham omelette
Apple

D. Chicken casserole, veg and pasta
2 x satsumas

S. Options hot choc drink

B. Overnight oats
40g porridge, MullerLight, frozen, rasps,
Strawberries and blueberried

L. Mushroom and ham omelette
Apple

D. Chicken casserole, veg and pasta
2 x satsumas

S. Options hot choc drink

Oh behave Hazel, you're making me ashamed! :D Still you have to eat all that fruit you keep winning every week as champion slimmer! 😛

Yesterday -

Breakfast - 2 toasted waffles and butter
Dinner - Roast beef and coleslaw on a wholemeal roll and a lotus biscuit
Snack - coffee and 4 squares chocolate
Tea - frozen chicken dinner (i didn't think i would be home in time to make anything)

Breakfast - nothing
Lunch - gluten free sarnie.
Tea - ham and scrambled eggs.

Brekie- high bran
Lunch- Wholemeal ham wrap 1apple 1 satsuma
Dinner homemade whole-wheat pasta Bolognaise
Snack semolina rice pudding excuse being thought I needed more calories going in due to excercise.

I am loving this thread x
Yesterday I had :
Breakfast : two slices of nimble toast with peanut butter.
Mid morning .. Two rich tea biscuits
Lunch : at work so had two sausages one Yorkshire pud with veg
Tea : two slices of nimble toast with peanut butter one babybel and a ww yogurt .
Not posting today's as have been bad x lol x

Shredded wheat for breakfast
Chicken, cauliflower cheese, swede and carrot mash with gravy for dinner
Dry roast nuts and walnuts and 1 wine gum for nibbles
Cheese sandwich on brown bread with some crisps for tea

B - Slice Burgen toast
L - Brie and cranberry on Burgen, Skyr, banana. Small apple snack.
D - Chicken curry with basmati rice, 6 squares (!) of 85% choc 🙂 Cheese snack later 🙂

B: Boiled egg, yogurt, milk.
Dinner: Pork, potatoes, carrots & peas
T: Basmati rice, black beans, green beans, celery

My pre-lunch sugar was 5.2 (lowest since I began this train ride)
S.

B: Forgot. For some reason I always forget to have breakfast on a Saturday.
L: Toasted cheese sandwich on Burgen.
D: Two sausages & ratatouille.
Snacked on a few nuts & pork scratchings & had 2 squares of 85% choc for pud.🙂

Sunday.
B: Toasted cheese sandwich on Burgen. This wasn't intentional as it was suppose to be scrambled egg on toast, but forgot.
L: Handful of peanuts
D: Cottage pie with a cauliflower, turnip & squash mash topping.
2 squares of 85% choc.

See there you all are with your tiny breakfasts....I'm moving to @eggyg's house 🙂. So yesterday I had

B: porridge and a slice of oat toast with vegemite
L: homemade mushroom soup with home made soda bread and a mini mince pie
D: Nut roast and dauphinois potato (the only acceptable way to present a spud to me 😉), asparagus, baby carrots and broccoli and three profiteroles. I am very surprised there's no salad because I'm a bit obsessed with salad, well a lot obsessed with salad. I realised yesterday that my favourite foods are toast and salad, I've always loved toast which is weird because I don't like bread un toasted.....hmm maybe it's the butter 🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back