What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to love a hot buttered crumpet. Haven't had one since diagnosis.:(

I've never warmed to crumpets despite them smelling like heaven itself. Could you have a treat crumpet on Christmas Day? Maybe with some bacon, eggs?

I have had no crumpets since diagnose either, now I really want one!
Yesterday I had for breakfast, coffee, coconut yogurt with seeds and a few berries, lunch avocado, beansprouts, friend egg on 2 pieces of gluten free bread, and evening, chickpeas with mushrooms, tomatoes plus broccoli and cauliflower. Plus some of my 93% chocolate. The gluten bread spiked me dreadfully so that's the last time.

B - Slice Burgen toast
L - Brie and cranberry on Burgen (again!), Skyr and a banana. Small apple snack
D - 2 Black Farmer sausages, cheese omelette and hash browns, 4 squares 85% choc. Cheese snack. 🙂

Just seen this one (good idea by the way)

B - Porridge
L - Chicken and salad with a lidl roll
D - Giant yorkie pud filled with home made savoury mince and veggies.

B - cappuccino and a vape
L - 80% meat sausage butty, wholelemeal multi seed bread
D- Boned chicken thighs wrapped in prosciutto, green lentil and couscous salad, tomato and garlic salad.

I am aiming to lose weight, mind. It's quite handy at the moment, cos I've got no appetite. :confused:

Just been reading through this and I'm with Kooky and Eggy. Are you all wasting away? No breakfast, handful of peanuts and some lettuce and a 'treat' of a fragment of 100% cocoa chocolate 😉 - it's like Charlie Bucket - these are starvation diets! 😉:D

Just been reading through this and I'm with Kooky and Eggy. Are you all wasting away? No breakfast, handful of peanuts and some lettuce and a 'treat' of a fragment of 100% cocoa chocolate 😉 - it's like Charlie Bucket - these are starvation diets! 😉:D
If you saw the amount of mince and veg I packed into my yorkie pud yesterday!!!

Yes, quite.🙂

I've never been a breakfast person - stems from years of running early mornings before going to work. I used to get up, have a cup of tea and then out of the door. Any food in my stomach would make me feel sick and I wouldn't enjoy the run :( That has changed to some extent now in that I know I need insulin in the mornings and prefer to have some carbs to go with it as that seems to make things more predictable, but a slice of toast doesn't sit too heavy or make me nauseous 🙂 I also have to give the insulin time to start peaking and the toast to start digesting, so I'm usually 3 mugs of tea in before I can go out for my run since diabetes, which rather defies Nike's exhortation to 'just do it' 🙄

‘Just do it!’ say Nike, just go out and run,
Well I used to ‘just do it’ – back then it was fun,
Arising at dawn and hitting the streets
My only concern to look after my feet.

Now, before I just do it, there’s more I must do,
I have to make plans - I must think it through!
So, breakfast and insulin, then waiting an hour,
Till both hit their peak and give me the power.

I must take my levels before I can go
They can’t be too high, and must not be too low.
If everything’s fine then I’m out of the door,
And instantly depleting my glycogen store!

But now that I’m running my cells start to change,
More insulin receptors will come into range
And lap up the glucose released in my blood
By the carbohydrate conversion of digested food.

And when I return then I must check again
That my levels are normal, like ‘ordinary’ men.
Even if they’re high, then they may drop down low
For the next forty hours, it’s not easy to know.

So Nike, your slogan doesn’t quite fit the bill –
But I’m going to get there, I know that I will!
Despite diabetes making me plan
I’ll once again be a marathon man! :D

Lizi's granola
French toast
Crab fishcake, cheesy mash, broccoli and mange tout

Sunday
B - Philly Cheese Steak omelet & Hash Browns from a diner
D - Home made Chicken Tikka Masala

Haven't had one in 20 years...... Man I'm salivating at the thought of one.... Wonder where I can find crumpets in the States? Probably have to make one....

Menu for Sunday 181216
Bottle water with fibre
Brunch:
2 Fried Eggs over 7oz Cabbage, butter.
Bottle Aspirin water, meds and vits.
Dinner:
Chicken Curry and Rice.
(Wanted to see how it affected my BG, but ran out of strips! Couldn't tell family I wasn't having any after all that).
Bottle of water and a Levothyroxine.

Ditto, you've peaked my interest...what's 'Aspirin water?'

Ready this running blog, I realise that I must be a very bad diabetic indeed. You all seem to make such virtuous food choices o_O Interestingly, seems to be more type 1's than 2's post on this particular thread.

Ditto, you've peaked my interest...what's 'Aspirin water?'
Amigo, it's just a pint of water with a dissolved Aspirin in it. Luv the poem Northener. :D

Last edited:
Seen as I've had my meals and whatever today
B - berry and cherry porridge pot
10 - sachet cadbury highlights hot chocolate and 2 squares of 85% chocolate
D - all butter croissant with cheese and onion popped under the grill and a milk tray sweet
2:30 - cup of coffee 2 more squares chocolate
T - chicken breast, roast tatties and gravy, cup of smooth caramel coffee
now having a can of lager x

Breakfast - egg with mushrooms, tomatoes, some aubergine and courgette.
Lunch - out with friends and had a couple of slices of turkey, a slice of beef, cabbage, cauliflower cheese, peas and some carrots. One small roast potato. I had a couple of spoonfuls of my husbands cheesecake dessert but stopped myself having any more.
Evening - salad with some cheese. Plain yoghurt with some nuts and seeds.

Having read some of what people eat I am glad to see Burgen bread so popular as that is what I buy.

Are a lot of you trying to lose weight though? I ask that because some of you do not seem to eat very much. I feel like I am eating twice as much as some people here and, yet, I cannot seem to put any weight back on - I have gone underweight since changing my diet.

Are a lot of you trying to lose weight though? I ask that because some of you do not seem to eat very much
Personally I am maintaining between 165 & 170lb with my current diet; my meals have changed from one a day to 2..... FBG is usually sitting nicely at 5.0.... 5.6 today but I know that that came from a rather carby (for me) breakfast yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back