What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today -
B - porridge 30g
L - cheese, ham and tomato sandwich on Burgen bread, packet crisps, satsuma and pear 49 carbs
D - homemade crustless leek and bacon quiche, broccoli and green beans 29 carbs
Will have an options hot choc later this evening 5.8 carbs
2 cups of tea, 1 cup coffee, 2 glasses no added sugar cordial, and 2 glasses water throughout the day. 45 min dog walk at 7am.
Total of 14u Novorapid (matches carb to insulin ratios), finger prick BG so far ranged between 6.7 and 7.6.

Yesterday.
B: 1 slice Burgen toast
L: Tuna salad & buttered Lidl Protein roll
S: Cashew & date fruit bar (16g carb)
D: Chicken breast stuffed with cheese & chorizo & wrapped in bacon with roasted med veg.
4 squares 85% choc.

B - Porridge
L - (naughty girly lunch) Pigs in blanket panini from Costa (was very nice)
D - Homemade chilli (no rice as I had the panini at lunch time)
Snacks - Monster munch (pickled onion flavour), 6 ritz crackers and a handful of peanuts.

Same as the day before for me:

B - Slice Burgen toast
L - Ham salad sandwich on Burgen, banana, Skyr with strawberries. Small apple snack
D - Quiche, hash browns, tomato and salad leaves. 4x 85% choc. Cheese snack.

My meals tend to be a bit repetitive as I'm only making stuff for myself, so need to use things up to avoid waste 🙂

L - Cheese & onion Omelet
D - Alabama style BBQ chicken (white BBQ sauce) with slaw & honey coated carrots

My wife buys 3 meals a week (from one of those meals in a box companies) in an effort to learn how to cook..... I usually end up having to cook at least one of them😡

Yesterday;

B - 2 boiled eggs & slice of toasted Burgen

L - ham, boiled egg and tomato sandwich on Burgen bread, 3 chocolate Matchmakers

D - small portion fresh tagliatelle, home made bolognese sauce, salad, sprinkle of cheese and onion and chives dip.

Today
B - cinnamon porridge pot
10 - sachet hot chocolate
D - quarter pounder with cheese, onion and mayo on a roll grilled ( was gonna treat myself to a milk tray sweet but was 11 when i tested so thought best not to)
2:30 - cup of smooth caramel coffee
T - chicken in black bean sauce, 3 poppadoms and a biscoff biscuit then cup of coffee x

B. Avocado
Mid am, Cappucino
L. Spinach soup, half an apple, satsuma, Brazil nuts 2sq 90% choc
Tea. 2 chocolate biscuits. Overdid the insulin at lunch, so was able to indulge when the kids broke open a box of biccies.
D. Chicken casserole, sweet potato, cabbage.

I don't think your days eating is greedy at all Ditto. It looks really healthy and low carb to me. 🙂

Yesterday, after fasting blood glucose,
B- 2 eggs, 2 bacon, one toast (at the cafe)
L- very late due to late 10:30 breakfast: 3 multigrain cracker, Philadelphia, 2 very innocent looking cheese straws. Not so innocent. Two hours after meal, 9.1 :(
S- salad veggies and hummus. 😎

Yesterday:
B: 1 slice Burgen toast &
L: Tuna salad & Cashew & Date fruit bar
D: ChickenTikka Masala, Quinoa & bulgar wheat (microwave packet), half a naan & 2 poppadoms.
Bit of a naughty dinner. Haven't tried a naan since diagnosis. Before 5.5, after 7.8. Could've been a lot worse.
Also had 1 orange choccy from a Quality Street tin at work.🙂

Well.........
B - Porridge
L - Lidl roll with ham, wotsits and a yogurt
D - (christmas dinner out with my pub quiz team) starters - duo of cooked cheese (mini breaded brie and camembert served on salad leaves with cranberry sauce) Main - roast turkey with all the trimmings (I traded 2 roast potatoes for my OH's sprouts, so I had just 1 roastie), Dessert (yes I had a pud and it was worth it!) - Cherry bakewell cheesecake. All washed down with 3 glasses of red wine.
Woke up at 9.7 which is about average for me anyway.

I really live porridge too Ditto. And sometimes I have it even though it raises my BGs slot. It is si good in many other ways and keeps me full for ages.

L - Left over Country style pork rib
D - 2 chicken thighs (skin on) baked over a bed of onion, side of steamed broccoli.

B - 50grm of porridge, 200ml semi skimmed milk and 50grm frozen raspberries
L - 150 gram green apple and a satsuma
D - 120grm cod fillet, 100grms boiled baby potatoes, 5grms butter and parsley, 100grms of cauliflower cheese.

Today
B - 2 toasted waffles with butter - 22g carbs - 5.3BS
2 cups of coffee at the hospital
D - baked potato with cheese and coleslaw - 42g carbs - 5.4BS
Will have a parma ham roll at about 7 as still a bit hungry x

Yesterdays delights
B - Porridge
Lunch - Chicken salad sandwich (on Burgen), hula hoops, yogurt, small satsuma
Dinner - Sausage, egg, a few chips and a spoonful of baked beans.
Snacks - Peanuts and walnuts

Lunch was a small piece of Stilton with two savoury biscuits and a small port 20g carb
Snack A handful of cheeselets 10g carb
Dinner Potato salad with grilled German sausage, beetroot and sour cream 40g carb
Champagne 🙂
We've started celebrating Christmas early :D

Today
B - 2 toasted waffles with butter and cinnamon
mid morning - roasted hazelnut coffee
D - parma ham sandwich and a mini malteser reindeer
now - a cup of coffee and 30g cashew nuts
T - will be - chicken breast with cheese, leeks and bacon, roast potatoes and petits pois x

Yesterday
Breakfast .. 2 slices of nimble toast with peanut butter
Lunch .. A Chinese chicken and salad roll and a cup of soup
Dinner... Macaroni cheese which doesn't seem to affect blood sugars ..go figure x
Before bed ... Two ryvitas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back