What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
L - Mushroom & cheese omelet
Felt really irritable at the store, tested my BG when I got home... 4.1
D - Pan fried Chicken with Herb Butter, roasted Brussels, mushrooms & cherry tomatoes

Yesterday.
B: Nothing. forgot as we were heading off to Scarborough.
L: Packet of cocktail sausages from a petrol station.
S: 4 chicken drumsticks (ready cooked, reduced to clear from Morrison's)
D: Ready meal of chicken sizzler curry (whatever that is), small portion of egg fried rice & 1 veg samosa.
We were home late so needed something quick & easy for dinner.🙂

What did I eat yesterday.
Too much!!

A walk and a normal menu for today.

Much as I'd like to contribute to this thread I really can't bring myself to list it all. Mainly various items of the chocolate variety and a turkey dinner! 😱

Much as I'd like to contribute to this thread I really can't bring myself to list it all. Mainly various items of the chocolate variety and a turkey dinner! 😱
Same here, Lindarose! Quite why I thought it necessary to open that box of chocs after two helpings of Xmas pud....

Confession is good for the soul. 😉

Christmas Day and I enjoyed the food, it was marvellous, but I was a tad frightened the whole time I was eating it! No point to that is there? I don't think I'll go off the Atkins once I've got this holiday over. I can't be doing with being worried and scared every time I put something in my mouth.

Menu for Sunday 251216
BG 6.0 on getting up @ 7.25 - Bottle water with fibre / a buttery Ryvita, who else craves Ryvitas? I'm crazy.
Breakfast: Whisky Marmalade on very buttery toasts (2) - Bottle Aspirin water, meds and vits.

A large Gordon's with Slimline Tonic.

Dinner: Roast Turkey and all the trimmings with apple sauce not cranberry coz I read it contained ginormous amounts of carbs...glass of Prosecco.

Straight after we had a slice of Aldi chocolate log cake, never had anything so sweet and sickly in my life. Gorgeous but a no no... :( My sister and I encourage each other in being stupid, she's on Metformin.

A half hour later we had M&S luxury Christmas Pudding with brandy butter and single cream...first time I've had brandy butter, so sweet!

Before bed a glass of Andrews which made me feel worse!

Bottle of water and a Levothyroxine. Too scared to do any measuring.
I'm afraid to say apple sauce isn't much better with nearly 5g carbs per spoonful x

B Irish Coffee
L Mushroom omelet
S More Irish coffee
D Prime rib, roast Brussels & carrots, steamed leeks with butter

Darn it, forgot to roast the shallots....

B Irish Coffee
L Mushroom omelet
S More Irish coffee
D Prime rib, roast Brussels & carrots, steamed leeks with butter

Darn it, forgot to roast the shallots....
Haha funny you should say that we went to plate up dinner and realised my mum had forgotten to put the onions and garlic in was devastated x

Same here, Lindarose! Quite why I thought it necessary to open that box of chocs after two helpings of Xmas pud....
Because it seemed a good idea at the time, and I am not sure things count on Christmas Day. Although we do still need to bolus for it all it is one day off from being quite so sensible.

This is a great thread. Have been reading it for over an hour!!!! Need to get on track as I have been very naughty over the past 2 days. Thank you to everyone who posts on this thread as it really helps me, as a newbie.

Was at my MIL's yesterday for boxing day.
B - porridge
L - Turkey with allthe trimmings
Pudding - homemade trifle. Boxing day tradition of guess the booze in the trifle, this year it was Malibu soaked sponge and cherries in brandy.
Tea time - bubble and squeak with cold meat.

My Boxing day was similar to Christmas day. Leftovers.
B: Coffee (still stuffed from Christmas dinner)
L: Cheese & crackers (spelt crackers, only 2.3g carb each, had 5)
D: Heated up roast beef rib, huge Yorkshire, a few little roast pots, turnip, peas, greens & gravy
Pudding was low carb Yule Log & double cream (supposedly 4.3g carb per portion, but think mine was a bit bigger than that)
I was 4.6 before dinner, & 6.4 2hrs after. Quite pleased with that.🙂

Having been out and about for three days, we were at home yesterday. After a walk with faulty cannula, the correction brought me back on target and our own roast turkey meal had me stay in range throughout and a flat line overnight. The benefits of a pair of scales and KNOWING the carbs.

I know we have a few more days of chaos still to come. I shall enjoy myself and then sort things out later.
We are at my brothers on New Year's Eve and he is really good at reporting carbs for me, so I might not go too far off the rails.

B - Steak & Fried Egg (leftover Prime Rib)
L - Irish Coffee
D - BBQ chicken with roasted asparagus & mushrooms

Elaborating a little, this was one of my wife's boxed meals (which I ended up having to cook), carbs would have ended up being 30g most of which would have been in the BBQ sauce (Apple Juice & honey) so I just modified the sauce a little
Minced Shallots fried in Olive oil
Chicken Base paste
1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
Small can (cocktail size) Tomato Juice
Cook all together until reduced to a thick consistency

Last edited:
Like the sound of that sauce, @Martin Canty . Must try that myself.

Today's Menu
B - 2 toasted waffles and butter, 1 milk tray sweet
10 - cup of coffee
D - few cheese and onion rolls, some turkey, sausagemeat stuffing, few chipolatas, mayonnaise and a ferrero rocher
2:30 - roasted hazelnut coffee, 6 squares 85% chocolate
T - 3 pork & leek sausages, 2 yorkshire puddings, petits pois, gravy then an elizabeth shaw salted caramel crisp
now - smooth caramel coffee
(excuse my chocolate munching but i have a lot to get through and all of it was factored in) x

We have some chocolate coated stollen. I ate a bit thinking I was being really naughty, but surprisingly was only 15g carb.🙂 I think this year I have been accidentally sensible.🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back