What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Porridge 26g 3.75 u
Cheese salad, mini time out, 16g, 1.8u
Soya stir fry, noodles, mini magnum, 60g, 7.0 inc correction of 1.0

I write down EVERYTHING I eat, every day. Without my food diary, it's too easy to forget the odd extra (or worse, convince myself that it doesn't count). Started doing it after I only lost half a lb one week back in May.

Back history is diet-controlled Type 2 for 8 years, allowed diet to get out of control, gained weight, started Metformin 500gx2 in March, joined Slimming World in April and started cycling to work, have lost 3st 9lb and 2-3 dress sizes in 6 months. Asthma much better, BP now a little on the low side (from high), BG normal, probably need to talk to doc about reducing drugs (electrolytes a bit out of kilter).

Still need to lose 4st 3lb to squeak into the top end of 'healthy' BMI range, but not sure it's acheiveable because I've never in my whole life been that!

Breakfast: puffed wheat (16g) + muesli (23g) total carbs 25g, insulin 2 units

Lunch: two small pieces of cheddar, Graze box - hickory smoked nuts and seeds, 9 bar - total carbs 15g, insulin 1.5 units

Dinner: Tesco tapas - 3 Mozzarella sticks, 3 pieces falafel, half a tortilla - expected to eat 4 of each so expected total carbs 50g, insulin 5 units. Had a digestive biscuit before bed to make up for the ones I didn't eat. Still no kitchen.

Veg burger x2 scrambled eggs, toast 33g, 5.5u
Cheese butty, salad, 2 finger mint kitkat, 5.2u
Spinach and paneer curry, home made chips, choc mousse, 50g, 5.5u

Plus 20% basal for totm

Breakfast - cereal bar and banana - 6 units
Mid morning hypo - glucose tablets and a home made Chelsea bin. Ahem.
Lunch - seedy bagel with clover, orange, slice of home made blackberry and apple pie with yoghurt - 13 units
Dinner - chicken stew, slice of seedy bread, more pie - 6 units
Supper - ginger nut biscuit

Breakfast number 1: Oatibix, muesli, flaxseed, soyal milk. 25g carbs, 2 u

Lunch: 2 small pieces of mature cheddar; Graze box: hickory smoked nuts and seeds; 9 bar 15g carbs, 1.5 u

After work drink: half a pint of Peroni no insulin as I have no idea how many carbs are in beer since I don't drink it very often

Dinner: Indian takeaway: Veg bhuna and poppadums, yum - estimated 50g carbs, 5 u Half bottle rose.

Evening treat because it's the weekend: 3 Hotel Chocolate chocs, yum, 20g carbs, 2 u

Breakfast ? 2 mandarin oranges, 2 soft boiled eggs and slice of wholemeal toast (usually have a full cooked breakfast on a Saturday but was going out to lunch)

Mid ?morning ? apple and 2 finger Kat-Kat (tend to be more active at weekends and BG was 5.1)

Lunch ? Breast of chicken wrapped in parma ham and stuffed with mozzarella, served with a small portion of spaghetti, green beans and spinach. One small scoop ice cream for dessert. And a large glass of house red.

Dinner ? Ploughman?s with ham, cheese, slice of wholemeal and lots of salad. Bottle of wheat beer. Put on DVD and opened a second!

This morning?s BG 6.4 🙂

No breakfast - I have no set routine at weekends and I don't like having what I have all week so sometimes I just don't bother.

Lunch - pub lunch with husband, stepdaughter and step grandson: superfood salad, which was quite impressive: contained a nice variety of different veg such as green beans, edamames, something grated which wasn't orange enough to be carrot so I'm not sure what it was, and pomegranate seeds.

Dinner: finished off the mozzarella sticks I didn't eat on Thursday, weightwatcher's fromage frais

Weekend treat: Hotel chocolate chocolate almonds - yummmm

Not fully understanding the new ?pasty tax? rules that come in today I treated myself to a ?pasty on the run? yesterday. 🙂

Not fully understanding the new ?pasty tax? rules that come in today I treated myself to a ?pasty on the run? yesterday. 🙂

Mmmmmm. When on holiday in Cornwall, I was determined that I was going to have one pasty (vegetarian one). I really enjoyed it, but 65g carbs!

Yesterday I had a 9 bar for breakfast

Snacked on some pecans, a couple of pieces of cheddar, and a Nakd bar during the day, and for dinner had chinese takeaway (still no kitchen) - edamames and salt and pepper mushrooms.

B: weetabix
L: ham sandwich
D: chicken tagine, couscous

obscene amount of fruit throughout the day, very naughty😱

Thought I would revive this thread as @Ditto was wondering what we are all eating and wanted some ideas! 🙂

Yesterday I had:

Breakfast - Slice of Burgen Soya and Linseed, toasted with butter
Lunch - Ham salad sandwich on Burgen, banana, two squares 85% choc. (snack late afternoon, small apple)
Evening - Home made chilli con carne, 4x hash browns, tomato and salad leaves, 4 squares 85% choc. (snack mid-evening, cheese)

🙂

Please add yours! 🙂

Breakfast - Eggs, Bacon Skyr yoghurt with Berries
Lunch - Corned Beef Salad & a Tangerine
Evening - 97% Pork Sausages, Mushrooms, Green Beans & Kale
Supper Snack - BabyBel cheese

Breakfast - yogurt, muesli, blueberries, nuts n seeds, big milky coffee (30g carb)
Lunch - cheese n ham toasted sandwich, salad, dark choc Cornetto (50g)
Dinner - roast chicken and mixed roast veg, broccoli, potatoes, choccy pud n cream (30g)

I have the same breakfast and lunch most days. Dinner is whatever I fancy but no more than 30g carb.
Snacks - always cheeeeeese.😛

Yesterday I had:
Breakfast 1 crumpet
Afternoon snack A packet of Wotsits
Dinner Small portion of home made seafood risotto
Wine

2 eggs scrambled with a slice of edam cheese, and a glass of milk for breakfast
Lunch was courgettes, smashed cauliflower, basmati (25g), and garden peas.
Tea was a frozen meal from Wiltshire Farm Foods Steak & mushroom casserole (35g carbs)

We have Wiltshire just about every second day for tea. We are so tired at the end of the day, they keep us from Chinese meals or fish suppers, at least mostly.

Breakfast. Scrambled eggs
Mid morning. Cappucino and 2 sqs 90% dark choc
Lunch. Herrings in dill marinade, half an apple, Clementine, Brazil nuts.
Dinner. 2 Sausages, corn on the cob, purple sprouting broccoli.
Greek yogurt ( full fat)
Bedtime snack when I discovered I was 4.3 Home made Mini mince pie.

Lizi's granola with unsweetened almond milk.
Lunch Chicken Caesar Salad sandwich in burgen.
Mid afternoon 2 squares Lindt 90%
Tea Quiche and rumbledthumps

Lunch - Left over honey glazed chicken skewers & apple slaw
Dinner - Boneless Country style ribs with Brussel Sprouts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back