What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually seems to work quite well for a lot of people, see Bev's 'Food Experiment' for Spag Bol:

http://www.diabetessupport.co.uk/boards/showthread.php?t=6004

🙂
Some interesting results there, specially as you had T1s and T2s all mixed together. I think it will still be a "treat" for me though, the Insulinx worked out I needed 15u Apidra for the 73g carb + 1u as a correction for 7.4 As a rule I keep evening carbs to around 40 - 45g max.

Breakfast: Puffed wheat, muesli, flax seed, soya milk

Lunch: cheese, pecans, 9 bar

Dinner: quorn bolognese with beans, weightwatcher's fromage frais, sugar free jelly

B. 2 buttered ryvita, slice roast pork, piece of cheddar
L. Tongue & tomato sandwich on Burgen, WW yoghurt
D. Chilli con carne, with sour cream, grated cheddar and fresh coriander, served in the "bowl" of a roasted butternut squash (goes surprisingly well and much less carb than rice).

Mary I really like those WW fromage frais!

B - slice Burgen S&L toast
L - Ham and tomato sanwich on Burgen, strawberry Onken yoghurt
D - 2x fried eggs and chips, Cadbury's Caramel 😱

Mary I really like those WW fromage frais!

I've only just rediscovered them. Very nice and even fewer carbs than a yoghurt!

I think I have got out of step with my breakfasts and told you yesterdays yesterday, if you see what I mean. So I will skip to...

Lunch: Babybel cheddar, 9 bar, Graze portion of Brazils with dark and milk chocolate buttons - this is why I like Graze boxes: I get to eat chocolate but as it's a very small amount there's still only 10g carbs in it.

Dinner: Tesco ready meal lentil moussaka, Shape yoghurt.

Supper: tested at 5 going to bed with insulin on board so had an organic digestive. I love it when that happens as it's the only time I don't feel guilty about eating biscuits.

L - two boiled eggs, 2 slices Burgen toast soldiers, strawberry Onken yoghurt
D - Sausage and mash, carrots and peas, tinned pears and ice cream

🙂

Skipped breakfast
Lunch Roast pork sandwich on Burgen with home made pear and ginger chutney
Dinner: Steak night at the local pub. Steak with pepper sauce, chips & onion rings, cheese for dessert. The T2 member of our party had the sticky toffee pud, but since he doesn't ever test I don't suppose he minds what it does to his BG.

Brekkie: Plain Omelette
Snack: seafood stick
Lunch: 1 ham and tomato on wheat and rye roll, 1 banana
Snack: 1 apple
Dinner: chilli con carne, 30 g rice, 1 banana

Darts: cheeseburger

Brekkie: Plain Omelette
Snack: seafood stick
Lunch: 1 ham and tomato on wheat and rye roll, 1 banana
Snack: 1 apple
Dinner: chilli con carne, 30 g rice, 1 banana

Darts: cheeseburger

I wish I could eat one banana, let alone two in a day. Even if I include it in my meal, my blood sugars rocket.😡

Breakfast: Oatibix, muesli, flaxseed, soya milk

Lunch: piece of cheese, Graze box of nibbles - lovely mix a bit like Bombay mix but with beans in it, 9 bar.

Dinner: warmed up chana masala and sag paneer that I froze one Friday night after a takeaway.

B - slice Burgen toast
L - cheese and tomato sandwich on Burgen, strawberry Onken yoghurt
D - Salmon fillet, oven chips and salad, bowl of sugar-free jelly and ice cream (how old am I? :D)

Does this thread, interesting though it is, serve any purpose if people don't post their Bgs insulin injections or whatever and 1 and 2 hour results?

Today... skipped brekkie
Lunch ham and chutney sarnie, WW fromage frais 6g carb (lunch total 35g carb allowing for the chutney).
7pm 3.9 mmol 6 x jelly beans
Dinner was a chicken and veggie pie. Chicken picked from the carcass of a roast chicken, chicken stock from boiling the carcass, herbs, whole shallots, carrots, mushrooms, dried soaked mushrooms and some really light pastry rolled out very thin.

Before dinner 6.1 11u Apidra, and at 3 hours 5.9

Does this thread, interesting though it is, serve any purpose if people don't post their Bgs insulin injections or whatever and 1 and 2 hour results?.

The idea is more just to illustrate what sort of things people are eating as not everyone tests or injects - it can give people some ideas about what to try and what people consider 'naughty'! 😱

Yesterday I had:

L - Ham salad sandwich on Burgen, Onken yoghurt
D - Fish, chips and peas (oven fish and chips, frozen peas), ice cream and tinned peaches.

The idea is more just to illustrate what sort of things people are eating as not everyone tests or injects - it can give people some ideas about what to try and what people consider 'naughty'! 😱
Ahhh OK, I was just thinking though that it would be a good vehicle to illustrate that what some people might tolerate, others might not. I mean what I might consider "naughty" someone else might be able to tolerate quite easily 🙂

Brekkie: Plain omelette
Snack: 1 banana
Lunch: 1 chicken salad on rye and wheat roll, 1 pear
Snack: 2 plums
Dinner: Hairy Dieters Beachside Paella*
1 pear
Snack: Piece of cucumber, 1 stick celery, 1 seafood stick

* bar far the best tasting paella I've managed to cook!

Breakfast: one Oatibix, sprinkling of muesli, cinnamon, flaxseeds, soya milk

Lunch: 9bar, Nakd bar

Dinner: a challenge as we have no kitchen this week and I'm very pushed for time, so, Innocent ready meal - Indian dall - very tasty, followed by Weightwatcher's Fromage Frais.

B - Slice Burgen S&L toast
L - ham salad sandwich, yoghurt
D - Sausage, mash, carrots, peas and two finger dark choc kitkat 🙂

This thread has inspired me to do a food blog. So it's done quite a lot.
Today, skipped brekkie
L: Tuna sarnie on burgen with WW fromage frais
D. Jamie Oliver's Lamb fricassee, with a small portion new pots and a tomato salad followed by a small fruit platter.

Yesterday's breakfast: getting too boring to post!

Lunch: the same, except with the addition of a Graze box which I haven't tried before: a tasty mixture of walnuts, pumpkin seeds with some kind of sweet coating, and chocolate buttons. Not terribly healthy but such a small portion that I'm not bothered.

Dinner: my usual Wednesday night fare: Tesco's veggie moussaka. We still have no kitchen so that's my excuse. Strawberries. Yum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back